NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

I need a good detailer in NYC

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-07, 11:08 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a good detailer in NYC

Hey guys I'm looking for a really good professional detailer in the NYC/LI area. When I purchased my car the dealer gave it to his stupid detailer guy and he just put hardcore swirls all over my paint. I need someone to remove all these swirls done by a non professional using a machine he doesnt even know how to use. Let me know guys thanks!
Old 06-18-07, 11:13 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by taeng
Hey guys I'm looking for a really good professional detailer in the NYC/LI area. When I purchased my car the dealer gave it to his stupid detailer guy and he just put hardcore swirls all over my paint. I need someone to remove all these swirls done by a non professional using a machine he doesnt even know how to use. Let me know guys thanks!
PM NELOC member "One Hot" Your worries are over.
Old 06-18-07, 11:19 AM
pito
Lead Lap

or

Car spa located on Atlanitc between Nostrand and Bedford.
Old 06-18-07, 11:21 AM
taeng
Lead Lap

"one hot" has a shop?
Old 06-18-07, 11:24 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

"one hot" has a shop?

His front driveway is his shop. He's done work on plenty of local cars with spectacular results. If you want someone to do your car as he does his own, then One Hot is the person to see.
Old 06-18-07, 12:23 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

Where does he live? I assume he is someone I could trust? I feel kinda funny just leaving my car with a complete stranger to detail that's not a shop.
Old 06-18-07, 12:48 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Where does he live? I assume he is someone I could trust? I feel kinda funny just leaving my car with a complete stranger to detail that's not a shop.
That's all part of becoming an active member of NELOC. You meet and spend time with one another where you develop that level of trust. But I'm sure many many members will come on here in a few and vouch for One Hot's work. Plus since it's not a shop, you don't have to leave your car if you choose. Dennis is an alcoholic so you can sit there all day with him drinking Southern Comfort while he details your car. Did I also mention that he's blind????

Nah seriously, here's the link to some work that One Hot has done in the past.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=272677

Take a look and see for yourself.
Old 06-18-07, 01:14 PM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

One Hot is the man I wouldn't let anyone else detail my car but him.. He did a crazy job on my poor GS..Actually that is my GS that Cliff post a link of. Def can trust Dennis to take care of your ride...
Old 06-18-07, 01:51 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yeah I will vouch for Dennis aka OneHot

He's a great guy and he is meticulous when it comes to detailing. He's has detailed alot of members cars and every single one of them has walked away a satisfied customer. The driveway in question, is actually the driveway of his home.
Old 06-18-07, 02:23 PM
nyARISTO
Sunroof Surfer

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

i can vouch for Dennis as well....
Old 06-18-07, 02:32 PM
ExclusivIS
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go to One Hot....Hand's down. Don't bring it anywhere Else.
Old 06-18-07, 02:41 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by tuddy
One Hot is the man I wouldn't let anyone else detail my car but him.. He did a crazy job on my poor GS..Actually that is my GS that Cliff post a link of. Def can trust Dennis to take care of your ride...
how much did it cost you for the detail? did he do the engine bag too?
Old 06-18-07, 04:22 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thank you guys for all the overwhelming support..I'm happy to be able to share my love of cars through detailing for most of the local lexus community..I'm flattered by many of your responses, this makes all those man-hours of buffing, claying and waxing well worth it...

For those who have questions, I'll try my best to answer them through pm's..If you want pictures of previous work, I can give you that as well..so please don't hesitate to pm me...

I do this as my side job..
I started out with a buffer and a dream of making my own car "like new" without spending 4k re-painting the entire car...Overtime, I watched many videos and studied many techniques and eventually learned my own style of buffing cars...As time wore on and my supply stash began to grow so did the expenses...So I started to take more side jobs from fellow friends, family, and of course, the local lexus community...

I don't do this as my full time job, since it came labor intensive and physically draining..As you know, detailing mostly in the technique and partially the products you use...You work through observation and your ability to use your hands...I call it my creation and my own works of art, I leave some my pride and dedication to each and every vechile...At times I do spend 8-9 hours to each car and I felt attached to a car only because the results were instanteous right in front of my eyes to capture and to embrace..

I don't consider myself a complete professional since I know there are much better detailers out there who detail ferraris and other ultra high-end cars who are much more **** and skilled than I am...But I do spend enough time and effort to make sure that the final result satisifying for both the client and myself..

Again, thanks for the support CL..It reminds me why I joined this community..
Old 06-18-07, 04:25 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by One HoT

Again, thanks for the support CL..It reminds me why I joined this community..
OneHot, I am really going to book your services sometime this summer....my car needs a good claying.

And I'll surely pay you dearly for your time, 'cause I KNOW that ish takes time and energy. And I know how much a quality detail costs so, I aint gonna skimp. If I aint got the money, then you aint doin' it. I need no CL discount, because I want to pay you for your time.

I know detailing is hard work because I hate to even wash and SEMI-detail my own car. LOL
Old 06-18-07, 07:36 PM
taeng
Lead Lap

cool one hot gots a PM

Quick Reply: I need a good detailer in NYC