NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Scarlet Was In Accident

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-07, 12:24 PM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WTF... That really sucks. Good Luck, hopefully this process doesn't turn out to be lengthy one
Old 07-10-07, 12:25 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarlet300
Well, you guys said it, I'm getting royally fcked over here!!! It has now turned into he said she said. I WILL NEVER LEAVE AN ACCIDNET WITHOUT A POLICE REPORT! I attempted to call the police but because both cars were "technically" drivable and no ambulance needed they told us to exchange information. There were no witnesses and neither one of us had passengers. The guy is now saying "I do admit to hitting her car but it was too late she was infront of me"... As if I had came into his lane... But his story makes no sense because how would I get hit perfectly from the passenger side and his driver's side bumper is fcked up if I wasn't in the fcking left lane the whole time. I'm sorry just venting on here because now it's a back and forth battle which means I have to come out of the pocket up front and worry about my insurance going up. Luckily my girl "Queen B" works for an attorney who is willing to help me out and call his insurance on behalf to hopefully get some better results. Wish me luck guys if not I'll def be suing this azzhole!!!
Dizzam sorry to hear about that shorty. All else fails I know somebody who knows somebody that could talk to this person and work it out.

-Smitty
Old 07-10-07, 12:33 PM
hb55047
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident Ana, glad to hear that you are ok.
Old 07-10-07, 12:40 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
All else fails I know somebody who knows somebody that could talk to this person and work it out.

-Smitty
that sounds life threatening. buncha hooligans.
Old 07-10-07, 12:56 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dam A!!! Good thing you have the photos to show the damage right after the accident just in case he tries to switch it up some more.

Let your insurance fight it out with them, thats what you pay them for. They can tell by the damage more or less what happen. They see stuff like this all the time. Just hang in there and be patient.
Old 07-10-07, 01:10 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hate when people try to f*** people over. I had some one hit the side of my car right after I bought it, waited there for 2 hours for them to come out of the store. The cop said that he could tell that they did it, I told them that they were on tape as hitting the car and they still denied it. The insurance company said they were not at fault when the door lined up perfectly with the spot on my door. Got a new car and new damage for my trouble. People suck, I am sorry that you have to go through this ***** Ana. Nice people always seem to get screwed. I hope everything works out for you and I really hope that a**hole gets what he has coming to him. Maybe something like what Smitty was inferring. LOL
Old 07-10-07, 01:22 PM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Smitty, I'll keep that in mind...

But in all truth I'm just frustrated with the whole back and forth already. I have to now wait until Thursday to take my car to the body shop because Geico(the other's guy insurance) states I have to drive it to them since it's drivable which is just pissing me off because who likes riding around dirty (in a bad way) I'm embarrassed to get in Scarlet as is... Plus to make matters worst my insurance coverage doesn't include a rental car so that's on me too... *Deep Breathe* This will truly teach me patience and the importance of a police report. I will be writing a letter to Montgomery County with my disappointment of how I did call for the police and was shunned away the same thing happened when my Integra got stolen, no one came out they just took a few details over the phone and said and I quote "Oh cars like that aren't usual returned so don't get your hopes up" Why does that say for our police force. I call 911 and you don't assist me? What is the world coming to...? Thanks for all the support guys, just venting a bit. But in due time it'll all be over...
Old 07-10-07, 02:34 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Scarlet300
Smitty, I'll keep that in mind...

But in all truth I'm just frustrated with the whole back and forth already. I have to now wait until Thursday to take my car to the body shop because Geico(the other's guy insurance) states I have to drive it to them since it's drivable which is just pissing me off because who likes riding around dirty (in a bad way) I'm embarrassed to get in Scarlet as is... Plus to make matters worst my insurance coverage doesn't include a rental car so that's on me too... *Deep Breathe* This will truly teach me patience and the importance of a police report. I will be writing a letter to Montgomery County with my disappointment of how I did call for the police and was shunned away the same thing happened when my Integra got stolen, no one came out they just took a few details over the phone and said and I quote "Oh cars like that aren't usual returned so don't get your hopes up" Why does that say for our police force. I call 911 and you don't assist me? What is the world coming to...? Thanks for all the support guys, just venting a bit. But in due time it'll all be over...
Its ok to vent. I know exactly how u feel. Its like u pay your taxes that pays their salaries and they just dont give a *£$*. But they get upset when u take matters in your own hands and zip-tie the azzes tryin to break in your ride. Go figure. Hope it works out for ya and let us know if there's anything we can do.

Originally Posted by Batmobile
that sounds life threatening. buncha hooligans.
I dont know what ur talkin about

-Smitty
Old 07-10-07, 05:08 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ditto smitty, ditto.
Old 07-10-07, 05:16 PM
WhiteHotIS
Driver

... Ana, wow... First thing I would like to say is I'm glad that you are A-Okay!!! I've seen some nasty results from your type of accident. So I glad you are fine. Secondly, sorry about your ride. But don't worry, I'm sure Scarlet will be back soon, better than ever. Keep your chin up and if you need anything holla!!!!!!!
Old 07-10-07, 05:20 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ana, I know the whole process is frustrating. It is not just Montgomery County which does not respond but the entire state of MD. Unfortunately, as we had this convo on the phone before, unless there is medical attention needed and/or at least 1 of the cars is immoble then they will not send an officer to the scene to do a report. It is up to you to exchange information at the scene and let the insurance companies handle it. As an extra security measure, I told you that it would be within your best interest to still call them yourself and file a report and have them mail a copy to you or get the case number so that your insurance company can obtain it from the police. This is what you are paying them to do.
As far as the rental car goes,, he has already admitted to hitting you so send your insurance company after his to have them rent a car for you. He has already admitted fault!! The hit you took leaves no doubt about who is at fault. Any insurance adjuster should be able to look at the damage and pretty much figure out what happened. And like you said, the majority of the damage is on the driver side front corner of his car, and the damages to yours are consistent with an impact from one of you being at an angle. For future reference (not that I wish anything bad on you) I know you have a camera phone, snap pics of the cars before you move them to the side of the road. You may seem like an Azz for doing so but, trust me, what better pic is there then an actual accident impact photo? The pics you took are very helpful as well, but dont move the cars until you have at least one pic in your arsenal. Even if he moves his, snap yours in order to show positioning of your car, and where you ended up. Obviously if you hit him then the angle of your car would show, right? I do agree that it is a sad and crying shame that we have to pretty much do the leg work for the people whose salaries we pay to do stuff, but this is the way things are operating now.
The same thing happened to me about 3 years ago when I borrowed a relatives' car in order to go and pick up my lil brother from work. I had stopped b/c a small tree had blown down in the road in front of me and I was completely stopped, had my turn signal on to move out of my lane and was waiting for traffic to pass before I moved. Another car ran completely into the rear end of my car, saying that he didnt see me. He wasnt close to me when I stopped, in fact I was in my lane for close to 45 seconds waiting for someone to let me out before he hit me in the rear. It was also obvious that a tree had blown down so the guy had no excuse. Both cars were still driveable, and neither one of us was hurt (low speed crash maybe 5 to 10 mph on impact). When I called the police to get an officer, the same thing happened. No officer will be sent, exchange info and let insurance handle it. The point is I was saved from alot of aggrivation because (like you), I took alot of pics at the scene, had all of the info. and I immediately went to the nearest police station after the accident to insist on filing a police report so that it would be on file. This was all key to helping my ins company with the claim against his and a whole lot less aggrivation in my direction.

Last edited by trukn1; 07-10-07 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-10-07, 07:39 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sure you will get her going again. As long as you are okay.
Old 07-10-07, 08:27 PM
amorphous
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your car I hope everything works out for you with insurance and all. Glad to hear you are fine as well that is most important. You can try and see if body shop will throw in the hood for free, I got mine air brushed and it didn't cost me anything. I don't know if you have geico as well but this is my opinion of them THEY SUCK....never heard anything good about them. I hope your car gets the best treatment and a speedy recovery.
Old 07-10-07, 11:58 PM
IKE-DIRTY
Driver

Ahh Man I Hate To Be Right Sometimes. BUT TRY AND FIND OUT IF
THERE WERE ANY STREET CAMERAS. ALSO ITS NOT TOO LATE FOR
THERAPY(INJURY) CAUSEAN ACCIDENT MAY NOT TAKE ITS TOLL ON
YOU TIL A LITTLE AFTER. MAY AS WELL GET PAID. NECK AND
BACK- THEY CAN NEVER TELL IF SOMETHING'S REALLY WRONG. IM
SORRY IF I WAS TRAINED IN THE ROTTEN APPLE.
Old 07-26-07, 11:56 AM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

BUMP

Update: I just got the call from the body shop that Scarlet is READY!!! I swore if I could, I drop everything right now and go get her but I'll have to do it first thing in the morning. Cross your fingers that they did the job the first time around because I am not taking her home if it's not in the same if not better condition... As far as who pays for what you can just pm me... It's a long story and at this point all I care about is getting out of the Pontiac G5(Rental) and back in my ride The madness is almost over...

See you guys this Saturday!!!

Quick Reply: Scarlet Was In Accident