NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Attention Neloc

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-07, 11:23 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, thanks so much for nominating for this position. As much as I want to hold this position, unfortunately due to my being a vendor there is a conflict of interest and therefore not allowed.

However being that Cherplex has decided to resign, I would like to nominate Trukn1. Tony and I have together worked hard to help make the MD area more active and exciting. Tony is one of the most supportive and positive NELOCers out there. I can't think of anyone else better for the job.
Old 07-23-07, 11:57 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Apex84
Hey guys, thanks so much for nominating for this position. As much as I want to hold this position, unfortunately due to my being a vendor there is a conflict of interest and therefore not allowed.

However being that Cherplex has decided to resign, I would like to nominate Trukn1. Tony and I have together worked hard to help make the MD area more active and exciting. Tony is one of the most supportive and positive NELOCers out there. I can't think of anyone else better for the job.
That was an honorable thing to do...before moderators are chosen I really feel NELOC deserves an Official Paradigm. This is the only way we can function as a true car club. I have an idea, but I have yet to put things to paper. Believe me all will have a positions and if executed properly things could be big. Stay tuned.
Old 07-23-07, 12:12 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,326 Likes on 1,416 Posts

Guys just a note... As Leroy mentioned we can't have vendors be moderators (even regional forum moderators) because of the potential for conflict of interest.

However, that should not stop anyone from taking a leadership role in NELOC. You guys should ALL be ambassadors to and organizers for your car club. Thank you to those with the time and interest to invest in making NELOC great!
Old 07-23-07, 12:14 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
That was an honorable thing to do...before moderators are chosen I really feel NELOC deserves an Official Paradigm. This is the only way we can function as a true car club. I have an idea, but I have yet to put things to paper. Believe me all will have a positions and if executed properly things could be big. Stay tuned.
What the frick???

par·a·digm(pr-dm, -dm)
n.
1. One that serves as a pattern or model.
2. A set or list of all the inflectional forms of a word or of one of its grammatical categories: the paradigm of an irregular verb.
3. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.

Malik has been waiting for 7 years to throw "paradigm' into a conversation. Dayum Norfolk State edumucation.....
Old 07-23-07, 12:40 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
What the frick???

par·a·digm(pr-dm, -dm)
n.
1. One that serves as a pattern or model.
2. A set or list of all the inflectional forms of a word or of one of its grammatical categories: the paradigm of an irregular verb.
3. A set of assumptions, concepts, values, and practices that constitutes a way of viewing reality for the community that shares them, especially in an intellectual discipline.

Malik has been waiting for 7 years to throw "paradigm' into a conversation. Dayum Norfolk State edumucation.....
lol...man you are my dog! next time I will keep my mouth shut...now I owe you three beers..
Old 07-23-07, 12:50 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Guys just a note... As Leroy mentioned we can't have vendors be moderators (even regional forum moderators) because of the potential for conflict of interest.

However, that should not stop anyone from taking a leadership role in NELOC. You guys should ALL be ambassadors to and organizers for your car club. Thank you to those with the time and interest to invest in making NELOC great!
Thank you Dave. You took the words out of my mouth.
Old 07-23-07, 12:57 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
lol...man you are my dog! next time I will keep my mouth shut...now I owe you three beers..
When my account gets up to five beers, I'm trading in for some Hennessy...

2007 Aggie Football Schedule (some games and times are subject to change)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date Opponent Location Time
Sept. 1 Winston-Salem State Winston-Salem, N.C. 6 p.m.
Sept. 8 Prairie View A&M( Los Angeles, CA 2:30 p.m. (PST)
Sept. 15 Hampton Aggie Stadium 6 p.m. (ESPNU)
Sept. 22 N.C. Central Aggie Stadium 6:30 p.m.
Sept. 27 Norfolk State Aggie Stadium 7:30 p.m.(ESPNU)
Old 07-23-07, 01:09 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Dave's right. Anyone can step up and organize a meet, throw up ideas, etc. Mod doesn't mean that no one else has say. It's like Gsoup and Oohpapi said, we all have an equal say/hand in everything, and no one person is above the group. But Soup does need help Moderating this place. With Plex stepping down someone else that we all feel comfortable with needs to take his place.
Old 07-24-07, 12:45 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

me me me me me me me! just kidding. I think that another forum moderator isn't truly needed. I do believe we need more people as dedicated to creating worthwhile and fun events to attend as people like tony(nyARISTO) and tony(trukn) do along with soup and the rest of the regs.

There are the occasional threads/comments that need to be attended to, but anyone can PM a mod and give them a heads up. We don't need more mods, we need more active members. A group of passive people makes for a very dull and boring community.

Like Dave said, lets just see people being more active and participating and organizing events that can bring us together and have fun...not just stand around and look at our cars. Even though that's fun to do every once in a while.
Old 07-24-07, 07:37 PM
fonzo
Pole Position

[QUOTE=oohpapi44;2788801]When my account gets up to five beers, I'm trading in for some Hennessy...

Hennessy!!!!!! How do I get an account started!!!!!
Old 07-24-07, 08:31 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
Like Dave said, lets just see people being more active and participating and organizing events that can bring us together and have fun...not just stand around and look at our cars. Even though that's fun to do every once in a while.
How about we actually DRIVE our cars, together.

One of my fondest NELOC memories was being behind 1Loud in NYC trying to keep up with the NYC NELOC caravan, weaving through heavy traffic...and then when I slid behind and got a little too far back, almost losing the pack up ahead...there's 1Loud flashing me some BRIGHT AZZ REAR LIGHTS so that I knew they took the exit. I was like, "Whoa! What was THAT!?"

Fun times...
Old 07-24-07, 11:34 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

A nice scenic route through some mountains would be nice, im sick of blasting down pothole-ed roads.
Old 07-25-07, 07:08 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
A nice scenic route through some mountains would be nice, im sick of blasting down pothole-ed roads.
Hey i had a real good one planned and the majority of the people were silent...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=45

We can always set it up again but like you said we need active members for these things to happen.
Old 07-25-07, 08:13 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

I'll be back in CT late August, so I'll be closer and will actually be able to get to some meets.

I picked up a SeaDoo GTX Millenium Edition Bombardier so I've been spending most of my weekends riding that up in NH on the lake . Some things take priority during the summer, haha.
Old 07-25-07, 09:28 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

I miss a lot of threads somehow. Thats a great idea.

Originally Posted by GSoup
Hey i had a real good one planned and the majority of the people were silent...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...9&postcount=45

We can always set it up again but like you said we need active members for these things to happen.

Quick Reply: Attention Neloc