NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Another White Marsh Mega Meet Sunday August 19th

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-07, 02:37 PM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

** Well, guys looks like I will be doing an Open House this Sunday in Rockville from 1-4pm so I won't be able to make this meet which is disappointing because that is where it all began, my first meet... (Deep Breathe) But that's life right, def have fun and TAKE PICS!!!**
Old 08-17-07, 06:26 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there a meet up spot or just meet up at the Mall. What time is everyone going?
Old 08-18-07, 03:55 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
im in va beach. i was quoting full drive time 4.5 hrs up and back all in the same day would make 9hrs. if i didnt have to work on saturday and monday it would be a problem, but running up there hanging out then driving back in the same day kind of sucks. well after the first post saying it wouldnt be worth it my gf decided to make plans with friends to go to busch gardens. so i cant come up this time.

are any of you guys going to the mid atlantic mega meet/car show on
Sept 29th? Its in Manassas Va. at the Prince William county fairgrounds. I am definitely going up for that one so I hope to meet some of you guys then. I will be up in NOVA Fri,Sat, and Sun. So maybe we can do a meet if people dont want to go to the mega meet. Just let me know so I can coordinate with my Range Rover Sport buddies up there to cuz they want to do a meet one of those days.

almost forgot here are some pix as requested.

Daily set up.

other daily set up.

for show

man... a Va Beach meet is in order.... I would love to crash the strip... and hit a SONICS....There are a few CL members there....you know that 4.5 ride from the beach to Baltimore isn't that bad.. but on sundays its hell. I pick up my daughter from Chesapeake every month. I would love to see the car, but I will try to catch it down there...SONICS on me.. Manassas sound great...I will be there.
Old 08-19-07, 12:24 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
man... a Va Beach meet is in order.... I would love to crash the strip... and hit a SONICS....There are a few CL members there....you know that 4.5 ride from the beach to Baltimore isn't that bad.. but on sundays its hell. I pick up my daughter from Chesapeake every month. I would love to see the car, but I will try to catch it down there...SONICS on me.. Manassas sound great...I will be there.
yeah man let me know when your down again and we can meet up. Friday bunch of cars meet at freedom car wash at the fork of holland road and south independence blvd. Its usually a bunch of river in their civics and scions. It'll be fun to roll in with a bunch of lexi. Show the kiddies what they can do with real cars. Lol jp saturday night a bunch of old muscle cars meet in hampton at the bass pro. Like I said I'm coming up in sept if u aren't coming down any time soon.
Old 08-19-07, 03:58 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Well despite the weather, the Lexus community represented well cause that just what we do. .Net was is full effect also. People came and left as the rain started and stopped. However there was one person missing. Smitty dodged his group photo . But its cool, we'll get you before the month is out.
Old 08-19-07, 05:10 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

This meet was rather funny. No one really interacted with other groups, very odd. It was nice to see all you guys again and some new guys as well. Leroy again I can't get over your car!! It was nice to interact a little with the Acura people. The weather could have been alot better but what the hell. Look forward to seeing you folks again soon.

Also welcome to the group Ray, do not hesitate to ask questions or speak up. We are a very open and close group.
Old 08-19-07, 05:59 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

However there was one person missing. Smitty dodged his group photo . But its cool, we'll get you before the month is out.
Well,,,looking into the book of photo Bi-laws, Addendums, and Quid Pro Quo's,,, I found some interesting facts.

a. A "photo" may be administered either 1 week b4 or 1 week after such said event, under normal notification.
b. Photo's are a one time opportunity, so for those participating members who miss out,, next year,, no makeups
c. Also states that such events may be taped and posted on youtube for the abject purpose of public reminder.
now,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

In the exception that said receiver fails to accept photo,or plea bargins to postpone then the following apply.

a. the photo will be twice a long, with a double indemnity clause
b. only one post ponement is allowed and no future plea bargains will be accepted.
c. those who miss the actual photo itself, WILL have an oportunity to make up the event for up to the end of the month for such said event.

photo's with runaway's ARE acceptable,, once you are out,, you are out.
Having found Smitty guilty of such an action will merit the photo event to be held up to the end of this current month.
LOL!!!!!!
Old 08-19-07, 06:03 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good lawd, UltraVIP, that car is SICK. Can't wait to see it in September. Great job!

I can't believe there was still a White Marsh meet. I woke and it was raining where I lived. Sheesh! You NELOCers are HARDCORE. But that's a good thing.
Old 08-19-07, 06:10 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
Well despite the weather, the Lexus community represented well cause that just what we do. .Net was is full effect also. People came and left as the rain started and stopped. However there was one person missing. Smitty dodged his group photo . But its cool, we'll get you before the month is out.
Whoa whoa Smitty wasent dodging anything. I was acting SC/Supraish today and said its raining so I wasent coming out. Dont worry I dont back down.

-Smitty
Old 08-19-07, 07:27 PM
alpha
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BernieIS
Also welcome to the group Ray, do not hesitate to ask questions or speak up. We are a very open and close group.
Thank you sir and thanks to everyone else for welcoming me into the group, it was nice meeting you all. I know that i was extremely timid for the first time out, thats just how i am. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to see you guys again at the next function

Last edited by alpha; 08-19-07 at 07:32 PM.
Old 08-20-07, 05:53 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by alpha
Thank you sir and thanks to everyone else for welcoming me into the group, it was nice meeting you all. I know that i was extremely timid for the first time out, thats just how i am. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to see you guys again at the next function
Not a problem. Just stay in tune with what is going on here, check out some more meets and have fun.
Old 08-20-07, 06:32 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Cmon' guys... pics please??? Does it take a woman NELOC'er to show up and handle this? Jeez! Any of a particular IS sittin' pretty on 19's????

BTW, sorry I missed it.....can't wait to see you all for the Ross Docks Meet....I miss my fam.
Old 08-20-07, 06:40 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

There was really nothing worth taking pictures of because of the rain. See you at the next one Tara.
Old 08-20-07, 07:01 AM
alpha
Driver School Candidate

there are a few pictures that people from va took on .net

http://my.is/forums/f111/2nd-md-mega...71/index2.html
Old 08-20-07, 07:38 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by alpha
there are a few pictures that people from va took on .net