NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Ross Docks + NFL Openning Weekend = Spend The Night?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-07, 09:12 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Ross Docks + NFL Openning Weekend = Spend The Night?

Well, I just realized that Ross Docks falls on the Openning Weekend of the NFL. For any NFL fans out there, that's a BIG DEAL. We may need some portable TVs at the meet.

Now, I'm an avid, longtime Cowboy fan. And lo and behold, who do we have week 1 in Big D????? The NY football Giants!

And what time's the game? ...it's a Sunday Night National TV Special on NBC @ 8:15 in Dallas.

So, now I must decide...

If I go to Ross Docks as I had planned, I'm either leaving by 4pm so I can be home by the 8:15 kickoff....

OR, I'm staying to watch the game in the NYC area, forcing me to spend the night in NYC (which may be OK depending on how my Monday looks). I can't drive home at 11:30 after the game, 'cause by then I'll be tired as he11.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...what to do, what to do

Other games of possible interest:

PHI at GB @ 1
MIA at WAS @ 1
NE at NYJ @ 1
PIT at CLE @ 1

The Ravens dont play 'til Monday Night at 7:00pm (yep, SEVEN)...as I noticed that there's TWO Monday Night Games openning weekend, with ARI @ SF starting at 10:15pm. Interesting... I believe this is the only Monday Night all year with two games though.

Last edited by KevinGS; 09-03-07 at 07:54 AM.
Old 09-02-07, 09:25 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hmmmm i say spend the night... tho i wont watch the game... make it a nice day/night out w/ the guys
Old 09-05-07, 05:22 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Damn, no other football fans in NELOC? Okaaaaayyyyy...

Well, I'll see how this plays out for me....'cause I gots to watch my Boys beat da he11 outta dem der Giants in Big D.
Old 09-05-07, 05:42 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

HA kev, ur funny lol. of course the giants are gonna take the cowboys with ease .
Old 09-06-07, 12:07 PM
Kipperm13
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a big G men fan. Not sure what my day is going to be like. I am going camping saturday night and coming back down sunday morning. Football is top of my list but want to stop by to say hi to everyone. Its going to be a great meet. So we will have to see. oh yea we are going to get our A$$es handed to us this year.
Old 09-06-07, 12:09 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Damn, no other football fans in NELOC? Okaaaaayyyyy...

Well, I'll see how this plays out for me....'cause I gots to watch my Boys beat da he11 outta dem der Giants in Big D.
My flight lands at 6:30 and the game will be playing at the house, you are more than welcome to come through. But be warned, there's no crying when the girls (oops Boys) don't come out on top.
Old 09-06-07, 06:59 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kipperm13
I am a big G men fan. Not sure what my day is going to be like. I am going camping saturday night and coming back down sunday morning. Football is top of my list but want to stop by to say hi to everyone. Its going to be a great meet. So we will have to see. oh yea we are going to get our A$$es handed to us this year.
He speaketh the truth.

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
My flight lands at 6:30 and the game will be playing at the house, you are more than welcome to come through. But be warned, there's no crying when the girls (oops Boys) don't come out on top.
See Kip's statement above, that's REALITY. So stop dreamin'. LOL

Thanks for the offer, I'll let you know what I decide later this weekend.