NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Taste of Lexus - Great Adventure / IS-F on the dyno - Evening Edition...

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-07, 01:49 PM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Taste of Lexus - Great Adventure / IS-F on the dyno - Evening Edition...

Anybody else going to the Taste of Lexus next weekend at Six Flags Great Adventure. We are planning on Friday.

Can someone give me some hints as to what to expect and the best way to get the most out of it when we get there?
Old 09-16-07, 08:46 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey SilverLady, the wife and I are planning on attending I have to check when she signed us up for. Basically, they have the competitors vehicle you test drive against lexus vehicles. Which in my opinion is bad because the BMW550 and E500 rode alot lot better than the GS430 they had. Especially around the curves. We actually go for the gourmet cooked foods. BUt u will be down here in time to come to one of out meets too. LOL. I will update.
Old 09-16-07, 09:43 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Is it open to the public? I never got anything in the mail regarding it. Plus the fact that I am not 21 and cant drive them sucks as well but I would still go regardless if its open to public to see or I will just take my brothers ID and wear a hat or something.
Old 09-18-07, 11:07 AM
SilverLady
Lexus Test Driver

PaPa - We did receive an invitation, although you can try www.tasteoflexus.com and see if that was necessary. It is not open to general public - we had to specify a time and print individual tickets so you can't just show up.

Nate - It should be fun trying the competitive vehicles. My hubby will probably just stick to the food.

Let me know about the meets. We can't stay too late as it is Yom Kippur eve (Lexus picked the wrong area to be holding the event this weekend!). OTOH, this might not be the worst event to attend before a day of fasting
Old 09-18-07, 11:54 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I will also be there on Saturday morning.
Old 09-18-07, 03:12 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
I will also be there on Saturday morning.
I'm signed up for Sunday.....
Old 09-18-07, 03:30 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

is anyone going to the night edition? i know for that one you have to call the 800 #...isf will be dyno'd
Old 09-18-07, 03:52 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CaThaFeR
is anyone going to the night edition? i know for that one you have to call the 800 #...isf will be dyno'd
I thought about it but i got things to do.... like seeing a certain GS get dyno'd that night also
Old 09-18-07, 03:59 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GSoup
I thought about it but i got things to do.... like seeing a certain GS get dyno'd that night also
yea im not sure if im gonna go...it would be cool to see..but i can just dyno my own isf when it arrives
Old 09-18-07, 07:55 PM
phillies
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be attending the event at Great Adventure as well. I never been to one of these things before and I was wondering how long I can expect to be there for.
Old 09-18-07, 08:16 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

Get there as early as you can. Skip all the breakfast food and go straight for the test drives. Wait time will get longer as the day goes by so you might as well get it out of the way ASAP. Once you have driven all th cars that you wanted to, hangout, eat the food, then maybe go back for that second or third round of drives. Thats how I've been doing it and its been working for me.

No competitor cars this year. Its usually an invitation only event, but in the past many people have just shown up and were not turned away. Im not to sure about this year. I read that it is a little bit different. Only one meal per person this year, they are using swipe cards to schedule test drive times instead of waiting in line and a bunch of other things. All in all, its always been a wonderful event IMO.

Last edited by GFerg; 09-18-07 at 08:23 PM.
Old 09-18-07, 08:41 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

If you guys want to see the IS-F on the dyno live, you will not see it during the day events.

Advantages to the evening only event:

1) Shorter Lines
2) Enthusiast crowd only
3) You get to shift the gears on the IS-F while on the dyno.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=304351

Last edited by flipside909; 09-18-07 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-18-07, 08:51 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Signed up for Sunday Morning at the Stadium not Great adventures. Anyone else, I have a extra invitation number if anyone want use it.
Old 09-18-07, 09:12 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
Signed up for Sunday Morning at the Stadium not Great adventures. Anyone else, I have a extra invitation number if anyone want use it.
Yeah, I'll be going myself, same location. My brother really wants to go, and I was on the waiting list, and was just confirm a few days ago. Please send it my way if no one has asked so my brother can join (he's under 21, so he's not going to drive anything, but im concerned they might not let him in without one).

signed up for saterday afternoon.
Old 09-19-07, 12:46 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm going to the night edition. Should be fun. After that hit up a bar for my bday, finally legal or so the license says. LOL.

Quick Reply: Taste of Lexus - Great Adventure / IS-F on the dyno - Evening Edition...