NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

D2 in DC for Howard Homecoming: Shuts It Down!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-07, 01:54 PM
fonzo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant imagine 08 if that was 07but I know its going to be off the chain
Old 10-22-07, 01:58 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big thanks goes out to Kev and Chirp, as they took us every where. From one part of DC to the other and to the mall at the pentagon. We had so much fun just drivin, hanging, eating, shooting pool, everything. I wish wish we would have seen a few more Neloc members but there's always next year.

What? A&T home comming? Aggie Pride? If I didnt have to make that 8hr drive, I'd go
Old 10-22-07, 02:20 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Big thanks goes out to Kev and Chirp, as they took us every where. From one part of DC to the other and to the mall at the pentagon. We had so much fun just drivin, hanging, eating, shooting pool, everything. I wish wish we would have seen a few more Neloc members but there's always next year.

What? A&T home comming? Aggie Pride? If I didnt have to make that 8hr drive, I'd go
So glad to have you guys, Stef and Derrick. We'll do it up even bigger in '08. And Rob is a fool...

A&T Homecoming? ...an 8 hour drive? Puhlease, I believe you could make it in 6 hours, no problem.

Miss you guys already, but at least I'll be in NYC Saturday night November 3rd...maybe even that Friday night too.
Old 10-22-07, 03:03 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Derrick and Stef came back to DC for the 2007 Howard Homecoming Weekend...and after doughnuts, burnouts, ear-splitting tunnel runs and attention-grabbing parking displays, I know I'm already inking in the date for 2008.

Unfortunately, there's no videos of the event....because what happens in DC stays in DC. Luckily, a few still shots were captured.

And I must add, one of the most glorious sounds my ears have ever heard is a Viper, a Vette, a Lambo, a Porsche and a blown SC (with exhaust tips that you could probably shove 2-liter coke bottles into) roaring through a downtown DC tunnel at WOT. As we rolled through the streets of Washington, I rarely turned my radio on all night, because the cacophony of sounds pouring out of these cars exhaust pipes and engine bays was like a symphony for me.
Kev I have to start this off with comments about your car: I LOVE IT!! From the color, to the depth of the shine, to the sound, to the burnouts with the torque converter, to the lowering. You guys may think I'm joking but I seriously spent like 30minutes just staring at Kev's car and talking about it. I think I like it so much because it reminded me of all the things I loved about the 2GS, its such a all around great car.

Cherp - you car sounds SICK, also I think we all know how I feel about white cars with AUTOCOUTURE Kits and slammed stance. Your car has a sweet stance and the fitment of the wheels is aggressive, but not over the top. If you guys have never heard cherps car (with the exhaust note and insane bov huff and puff show), its a true experience. It sounds very exotic

It was a great bday weekend for me, just having good 'ole clean fun with my CL bros.

Lambo, Viper, Vette - yadda, yadda, yadda lol

When I see cars like Kev's and Cherps I remember why I do what I do for a living. A clean modded car holds its own, no matter WHAT else is around. So although people were going crazy for the exotics, no one said, "oh whats the Lexus doing here?" Thats a clean L-car for ya

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 10-22-07 at 03:10 PM.
Old 10-22-07, 03:09 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
No question, wished they would have saved that gas for a real Homecoming this weekend (NC A&T) AGGIE PRIDE!!!!

LOL, great pics and cars. D2
You have PM
Old 10-22-07, 03:11 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
nice pictures kevin! those rims look so nice. whose Porsche and Viper is that? and i also see cherp got his SC out, all the cars are looking good.
I have the Viper and one of our buddies has the Porsche
Old 10-22-07, 03:17 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

birthday?! what the heck...why did i not know it was your birthday?! HAPPY BIRTHDAY DERRICK and btw the viper looks great..this is the first time i'm seeing pics of it
ooo i cant wait til i have a pretty car to be in the d2 line up again
Old 10-22-07, 11:51 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Kev I have to start this off with comments about your car: I LOVE IT!! From the color, to the depth of the shine, to the sound, to the burnouts with the torque converter, to the lowering. You guys may think I'm joking but I seriously spent like 30minutes just staring at Kev's car and talking about it. I think I like it so much because it reminded me of all the things I loved about the 2GS, its such a all around great car.
Wow, that means alot coming from a GS OG like you. Muchas gracias!

Yes, the car has come together nicely over the last few years. I just took some more pictures last night at my alma mater, University of MD. Another nighttime photoshoot. I'll post them in the GS section in the next few days.

It was a great bday weekend for me, just having good 'ole clean fun with my CL bros.
oh damn, I didn't know. well, next year, we will have to celebrate for real.

When I see cars like Kev's and Cherps I remember why I do what I do for a living. A clean modded car holds its own, no matter WHAT else is around. So although people were going crazy for the exotics, no one said, "oh whats the Lexus doing here?" Thats a clean L-car for ya
Old 10-23-07, 07:10 AM
LexFather

THAT IS AWESOME!! Hit me up next time!!!
Old 10-23-07, 07:16 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefwilli

lol, if I make it in 7.5, you should be in there 6. I-85 = 125mph for a good stretch between Petersburg VA and Henderson NC. No signs of life at all.
Old 10-23-07, 08:41 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
THAT IS AWESOME!! Hit me up next time!!!
We'd love to have you, Mike. Hec, let's just turn the Howard Homecoming Weekend into a fullfledge Fall Event...