NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Sending out the bat signal-Hawk's Nest Meet -Todd had an accident!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-07 | 08:37 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

One thing is how this happened with friends nearby and close enough to make the save.

I always fear being alone and something like this happening with no one that I know around to help me or knowing where I am or what is happening. It's really difficult to imagine going through this 100 miles or more away from home and no one being around that knows you.

This was really a very good circumstance and exception to a bad accident that happened by everyone being so close to the accident and available. I couldn't imagine this happening and no one being around until hours or the next day that I knew surrounding me in the hospital, all alone. THAT WOULD SUCK.

Was Todd conscious enough to have lifted his head and gotten out of a burning car by climbing through a broken window with his injuries or by trying to open the other door? I can't answer that, but having 1loudlx there to make the save was not coincidence......... I can tell you that. That's the way it was written the day you woke up.
Old 11-09-07 | 02:25 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by O. L. T.
...having 1loudlx there to make the save was not coincidence...
I live for that ****. hah, now if i could only convience my EMS instructor that!
Old 11-09-07 | 05:00 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Todd glad to hear you're back home and everything. I wish you a speedy recovery and NELOC is definitely going to have to pay you a visit soon.

1loudLX mad props to you and everyone else for helping out our NELOC brother. Just the simple actions of the members of NELOC reconfirms to anyone that has any doubts that our members are true friends. Anyone willing to go all out for another individual has truely gained the title of greatness.

Been out the loop for a few days. I've been sitting on the beach and chillin. I'll post pics when I get back.

-Smitty
Old 11-09-07 | 07:18 PM
Kilo
Instructor

Glad to hear you are doing better, Todd. Give me a shout if you need anything - I am a stones throw away.
Old 11-09-07 | 07:42 PM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trukn1
OH man,, the Bat signal is just straight up violating. LOL!!!!! Batmobile where you at?? Somebody using your trademark.

Glad you are back home Todd, no need for thanks at all. Even though I was halfway across the country, ........Malik,, you gots jokes, huh?? Oldest one huh? Don't make me pull up your myspace profile and start revealing true info. I do believe that the honor of being the oldest (active) neloc member belongs to NATE579,then MR . Mark, YOU, Soup, then ME and Kevin(months apart) and so on down the line. LOL!!!!

oh Nate...
watch out now.. Papa got a brand new bag...stay tuned...

no there is a dude that comes around that is even older than Todd...What happen to that cool older dude that had the white SC3 NA-t....I know you guys remember him from last Team Lexus meet....Everyone was scared to run him..lol real talk I am glad that you are home Todd, but now I have the slowest SC....

Last edited by bigmalik00; 11-09-07 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-09-07 | 08:47 PM
orangecar
Pole Position

don't forget me. I'm all stock where it counts
Old 11-10-07 | 06:19 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Damn, I got home from NYC, and then life got crazy. Just checkin' in...

Still fresh in my mind though how scary a scene it was seeing your car on fire and hoping you weren't in it. I've seen lesser accidents with worse results, so you've been left here for a reason, Todd.

Anyway, so glad you're home and healing fast. Many thanks to Aimee for keeping us informed about how you were doing too.

If there's going to be a meet before Xmas in NYC for Todd, I'm definitely going to try and make it. I need to come back to NYC anyway before Xmas.
Old 11-11-07 | 12:31 AM
semdaddy
Pole Position

havnt been on in a minute, really couldnt belive i was reading this.
but im glad your home and recovering hit me up if u need anythingg
Old 11-11-07 | 05:40 AM
sean9975
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Smitty0881
Todd glad to hear you're back home and everything. I wish you a speedy recovery and NELOC is definitely going to have to pay you a visit soon.

1loudLX mad props to you and everyone else for helping out our NELOC brother. Just the simple actions of the members of NELOC reconfirms to anyone that has any doubts that our members are true friends. Anyone willing to go all out for another individual has truely gained the title of greatness.

Been out the loop for a few days. I've been sitting on the beach and chillin. I'll post pics when I get back.

-Smitty
1loudlx
Originally Posted by Kilo
Glad to hear you are doing better, Todd. Give me a shout if you need anything - I am a stones throw away.
Old 11-11-07 | 06:20 AM
PJ
Lead Lap

HOly ****, how did i miss this thread. I lost my phone for a while, just got the message Tony left for me last week. DAMN..... Todd, i am VERY VERY happy and thankful you are back bro.

So thanksgiving meet anyone? If it is near md/del area im in, not gonna be in the area for long .
Old 11-11-07 | 07:59 AM
djjt
Lead Lap

just checked in, been a while... sorry to hear and read this, but i hope todd recovers well and all.
Old 11-11-07 | 12:36 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

i dont think todds in any shape to be riding in a car long distances
Old 11-11-07 | 04:20 PM
RikTT
Pole Position

Glad to hear youre up and coping with everything!
Old 11-11-07 | 05:44 PM
tavarish
Lexus Test Driver

...so I'm doing a suspension on a friend's SC400 (rkyat) yesterday, and I tell him about how most of my car was bought from a dude on NELOC. My exhaust, suspension, interior, FMIC, and other bits and pieces were all part of Todd's car. Then he goes and tells me.."sucks what happpened to him though, he totalled his car"

My reply: "WHAAAAAT?" I grab my cell phone, and call Todd, but i either have an old number, or I get no answer.

Todd, since the day I first called you and we spoke about my 1jz swap, and you gave me tips on whhat to do, and guided me through the process of making my car what it is now (still not done, but it's getting there), I knew you were the go-to guy on this forum, and from this thread, I've realized this commmunity is an unbelievably tight-knit group of individuals who treat each others as family.

If there's anything I can do, just let me know. My car's coming out soon, so I should be able to catch one of the meets this year.

On the other forum I'm a part of, when my car got stolen, they had a fundraiser for me to get my car back and running. I think we should do something similar. let's start a "Get todd an SC fund"...anyone else in?
Old 11-12-07 | 05:22 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Good to see you're doing well Todd!

Quick Reply: Sending out the bat signal-Hawk's Nest Meet -Todd had an accident!!!