NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Ideas for '08

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-07, 07:53 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What if we had a meet that was to benifit say...
Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania. ( This could be any charity...Maybe we take a vote.)
Each member would have sponsors donate what ever they could...
Let's say .10 cent a mile for every mile driven, from the time they leave thier home, to the dedicated location of the meet.
We could tie this into the Carlisle meet...From the sounds of it, NELOC already has established themselves at Carlisle, it's a pretty large meet and it would be a good "North meets South" location?
Does this make any since?
I'm sure the event organizers at Carlisle wouldn't mind the positive press.
If we were to contact them and let them know what we were planning, they may even be able to suggest a charity of thier choice and possibley match what NELOC comes up with.
Old 11-28-07, 08:45 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big *****
What if we had a meet that was to benifit say...
Childrens Hospital of Pennsylvania. ( This could be any charity...Maybe we take a vote.)
Each member would have sponsors donate what ever they could...
Let's say .10 cent a mile for every mile driven, from the time they leave thier home, to the dedicated location of the meet.
We could tie this into the Carlisle meet...From the sounds of it, NELOC already has established themselves at Carlisle, it's a pretty large meet and it would be a good "North meets South" location?
Does this make any since?
I'm sure the event organizers at Carlisle wouldn't mind the positive press.
If we were to contact them and let them know what we were planning, they may even be able to suggest a charity of thier choice and possibley match what NELOC comes up with.
Rather than giving money, I'd much rather we donate our time. If it's a Children's or Veteran's Hospital, sometimes just showing up and spending some time is much better than money. Just using Carlilse as an example, we spend the Sat at the show as last year and that next Sun we try to arrange to take over a portion of the Hospital Parking lot to let kids or Vets come down and see the cars. If it's the kids, then some of us go inside and read a few books, help with therapy, etc. Charity doesn't necessarily mean $$. Plus, having people donate $$ for something we are already going to do (drive to Carlisle for the show) isn't really charity (IMO), but I'd like to see us give of ourselves. If we are raising money, it's because we organize a car wash for a local charity, or something like that.

Just a thought.
Old 11-28-07, 08:53 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Good Point.
Would there be any local dealerships that may want to get involved.
Sounds like NELOC already has the ground work layed.
Would be free advertising for a Dealership...
Just a thought.
Old 11-28-07, 09:16 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Rather than giving money, I'd much rather we donate our time. If it's a Children's or Veteran's Hospital, sometimes just showing up and spending some time is much better than money. Just using Carlilse as an example, we spend the Sat at the show as last year and that next Sun we try to arrange to take over a portion of the Hospital Parking lot to let kids or Vets come down and see the cars. If it's the kids, then some of us go inside and read a few books, help with therapy, etc. Charity doesn't necessarily mean $$. Plus, having people donate $$ for something we are already going to do (drive to Carlisle for the show) isn't really charity (IMO), but I'd like to see us give of ourselves. If we are raising money, it's because we organize a car wash for a local charity, or something like that.

Just a thought.

I'm all bout helping people who are in need..Sounds like a good idea
Old 11-28-07, 09:49 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44

Just a thought.
Hmmmmm very interesting. I'd like to see what comes of idea.
Old 11-30-07, 06:30 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GREED777
Anyone want to go to Japan?
Hmm,, invitation to go to Japan, and fly first class. Just let me know where to pick up my ticket sir!!!!! When are we leaving??
Old 12-11-07, 07:29 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

South is going to be coming together soon (roundtable meet0 and collectively coming up with ideas for 08 as well.

Priorities (should nothing else get done,, MUST DO MEETS!!)

1. South invasion of the North
2. Ross Docks
3. Carlisle (of course)
4. Another meet to Pittsburg. (Craigs' inlaws are chomping at the bit to welcome us back,, and as cool as they are,,, you guys will really enjoy hanging with them)

There will be many more opportunities planned, however,, these are MUST DO,,MUST GET DONE events. LOL!!
Old 12-11-07, 07:49 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

My only Idea for '08 would be traveling somewhere a bit even more north than most normally do. I don't mind driving places, but I would love to see a meet somewhere like CT/RI/MA. There are beautiful places that could serve as great meeting spots for a weekend get-together.

This is Colt State Park in Bristol Rhode Island. It's not even 10 minutes away from the Newport Mansions, and Newport/Bristol is absolutely beautiful.

Old 12-11-07, 08:56 AM
LUTHOR-CL
Pole Position

damn cant go to rhode island til i pay off a parking ticket,lol. but thats a def nice spot, was out there w/ the ms. this summer and went to see those newport mansions and the long long as walk.
Old 12-11-07, 09:48 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

luther... u got tix in every state???
Old 12-11-07, 09:52 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by excluesive
luther... u got tix in every state???
I kinda noticed this as well. Banned in Pa,, now cant go to Rhode Island. Lex-- what's up?
Old 12-27-07, 09:45 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Has anyone heard of this place?
http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/htm..._calendar.html

It is pretty much a half way point.
Old 12-27-07, 04:00 PM
BKGS3
Pole Position

i like the idea of helping people out in need for 08. it would be a good chance for people to know who we are and what we drive and show people we care about them and also have a positive image of NELOC and Club lexus. but anything other then that..im down for anytime...i just need notice in advance so i dont need to tell my boss last minute and get yelled at again..-.- haha