NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

What Car Wash Do You Frequent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-07 | 08:56 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
I think that's the one not too far from Metropolitan Ave. I went their once and wasn't too happy with it. The one on Queens Blvd right by the LIE and next to Wiggles and PC Richard is a good place. I feel like my car stays in the wash forever as it's being washed. A lot of the local limos and the limos that go into city get washed there.
G, I have been going there for over 7 years so far I haven't had no complain, as of yet that is. I always pass the one next to PC Richards and never realized it was a 'hand wash'. Good feedback another place thats added to my list.
keep em coming.
Old 12-05-07 | 09:24 AM
Rx300Mat
Rookie

Driveway + Mr.Clean=Do Work!
Old 12-05-07 | 10:43 AM
Rodneyc77
Driver

Originally Posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
I still have not found a great place in Yonkers. Oakleys on central is a joke with their big noodles bashing into your car.

Any suggestions guys?
I had a spot in Y.O. for you D... but he closed it down... sorry man... he was the best... he used to jack up the car to get the fender linning spic&span clean... old school detailer... it was in a back alley right off Yonkers Ave... It was his side thing and he didn't have time anymore... he'll probably open back up in the spring... He's President of the LUNATICS Low Rider Car Club... I'll let you know if he opens back up...
Old 12-05-07 | 10:46 AM
Rodneyc77
Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
yeh that place isnt too bad by Cherry valley, I went there when he first opened up and he offered me 2 mets tix
The guy sold it... and now they really get busy with it...

It's now owned by some Colombian guys...
Old 12-06-07 | 12:12 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

25-30 dollars for Int / Ext detail, but seriously its a DETAIL (air /chamois dry, wax on chrome wheels, wood polish on interior trim, not a towel in the whole place). Also excellent machine polishing/buffing (about 125.00), which includes headlights/tailights/windows everything. (yes they polish the windows!!)
This place def has some rock bottom prices..

heard that optimum stuff is amazing, I am going to be ordering a couple of gallons soon...but am hesitant on using it on a dark color..and especially if the car is real dusty
You'll only need 1 capful (30ml) per 2 gallons water...I believe the biggest size is 128oz which goes for a little over $40 dollars..If you use an average of 4 gallons per wash, the 128oz bottle will last you about 64 washes..Great product with multiple uses..

http://www.autogeek.net/optimum-no-rinse.html

ONR is very slick and is not suppose to leave swirls if you use the two bucket method religiously..

Since my car is under the cover, I mostly use various quick detailers (UQD, #34, NXTQD..etc) to get rid of dust and then wash with ONR every other week..QD is a very handy for the winter time especially when you don't want to freeze..
Old 12-06-07 | 12:17 AM
LUTHOR-CL
Pole Position

I Go To One In Bk, On Corner Of Church Ave And Coney Island Ave, Called Hollywood Car Wash, They Do A Good Job, Best One That Ive Gone To So Far And Their Tire Shines For Like A Wk.
Old 12-06-07 | 04:42 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rodneyc77
I had a spot in Y.O. for you D... but he closed it down... sorry man... he was the best... he used to jack up the car to get the fender linning spic&span clean... old school detailer... it was in a back alley right off Yonkers Ave... It was his side thing and he didn't have time anymore... he'll probably open back up in the spring... He's President of the LUNATICS Low Rider Car Club... I'll let you know if he opens back up...
Its funny you mention that, another guy from e46fanatics thats up here told me the same thing about that guy (I'm guessing it was the same guy).

There is a handwash on Midland, and they are decent but they just don't do it for me (they wipe too hard for one thing).

My search continues.........
Old 12-06-07 | 04:44 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by One HoT
This place def has some rock bottom prices..
Yeah man real good prices and top notch work, just slower than watching grass grow.

I wish I could transport them to Yonkers bro.
Old 12-06-07 | 07:59 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

Originally Posted by lowKut
G, I have been going there for over 7 years so far I haven't had no complain, as of yet that is. I always pass the one next to PC Richards and never realized it was a 'hand wash'. Good feedback another place thats added to my list.
keep em coming.
It was just one time thing and wasn't too much of a deal. BTW, the place I mentioned earlier is not hand wash. Not sure if you prefer only hand wash but I just wanted share that.
Old 12-12-07 | 10:27 AM
Rod_24
Rookie

For Bklyn Guys:

XTREME Auto Salon
Remsen Avenue
Brooklyn, NY
718 773 7357 (Ask for Ricky, tell him "D2" sent you).

25-30 dollars for Int / Ext detail, but seriously its a DETAIL (air /chamois dry, wax on chrome wheels, wood polish on interior trim, not a towel in the whole place). Also excellent machine polishing/buffing (about 125.00), which includes headlights/tailights/windows everything. (yes they polish the windows!!)

My 7series literally lived in this place, as do all the cars on our project page (Bentley, 997TT, Lambo included). Everything from Evo to RR Phantom comes through this place.

BAD NEWS: They are SLOW (how slow you ask?), we all just take our cars and leave them there. lol

Are these guys good at removing superficial scratches ?? Im visiting the area soon and really want a good detail and my car has some ugly swirls which previous detailers have left behind i would do it myself but my schedule gets so hectic by the time im out its dark so yea .. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 12-13-07 | 03:39 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

i go to www.newyorkmotorclub.com