NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

What Car Wash Do You Frequent?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-07, 03:41 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default What Car Wash Do You Frequent?

Since the cold weather is here on us, I am sure the majority of folks do not wash their car themselves (at least I dont). I am curious to know what Car Wash others use that provides the best possible wash.

I reside in Queens, NY (South Ozone Park) and found that Spotless hand Carwash on Woodhaven Blvd across from the cemetery give the cleanest wash around. I went to a lot of other places before in the neighborhood and surrounding area and found them to be the best. You can simply feel the pamper your car is receiving while gazing from behind the glass as it roll down the line going from hand-to-hand.

Also, the Getty Car Wash on Rockaway Blvd next to John Adams High School offer $5.00 wash after 7:00PM, for the price you can’t go wrong, you get what you pay for.
Old 12-03-07, 04:13 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I go to this car wash in Fresh Meadows. Its along the LIE, next to an Arby's. I cant recall the name right now, since i haven't been there in over a month now lol.
Old 12-03-07, 04:16 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

the car wash i frequent the most is my driveway , then ill always know that im not putting any more micro scratches on my car.
Old 12-03-07, 04:33 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
the car wash i frequent the most is my driveway , then ill always know that im not putting any more micro scratches on my car.
I attempted to clean my interior over the weekend with some new products I bought, their is no way i could of withstand the cold much less washing the car. props to you
Old 12-03-07, 04:57 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

lol well soon enough u get numb, i just wear some sweats and sweat shirt and my hands will eventually get numb. but theres also a product called "optimum no rinse" DENNIS chirp in.
Old 12-03-07, 05:46 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i frequent my driveway, who cares about the cold. when weather becomes below freezing i will move down to my garage a couple blocks away and spring for the ONR
Old 12-03-07, 10:05 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Exclusive Hand Car Wash
9701 Northern Blvd, Corona, NY

$10 exterior. Very thorough. They spend like 15-30 min on the car there and it's air dried, no towels.
$20 for interior and exterior.
They have 3 bays, no tracks.
Really busy at times so wait time can exceed 30 mins.

Beverly Hills Hand Car Wash
7011 Astoria Blvd, Flushing, NY

same deal as exclusive...
no tracks, they have a bay that can hold several cars at one time.

Savy 2000 Hand Car Wash
17504 Horace Harding Expy, Fresh Meadows, NY

Tried them once but they use towels... left some scratches on the ride afterwards from it.
Old 12-04-07, 01:10 PM
Rodneyc77
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Queens...

I forget the name of the business though... but....

The place is on 12th Road between Clintonville Street and 150th Street, in Whitestone, NY... it's basically half a block from the Cherry Valley Deli... that place gives you the illest car wash... they use compressed air to go in between every crease on your car, so you wouldn't roll-out and get the water stains a half a block away... they take about 45 minutes to hand wash your car... $20 ...
Old 12-04-07, 01:14 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeh that place isnt too bad by Cherry valley, I went there when he first opened up and he offered me 2 mets tix
Old 12-04-07, 02:12 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

45 mins?? holy crap...if i use my leaf blower, it takes like 10minutes lol. with a 10-20 min wash.
Old 12-04-07, 02:16 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
lol well soon enough u get numb, i just wear some sweats and sweat shirt and my hands will eventually get numb. but theres also a product called "optimum no rinse" DENNIS chirp in.
heard that optimum stuff is amazing, I am going to be ordering a couple of gallons soon...but am hesitant on using it on a dark color..and especially if the car is real dusty
Old 12-04-07, 06:45 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Originally Posted by GSoup
Exclusive Hand Car Wash
9701 Northern Blvd, Corona, NY

$10 exterior. Very thorough. They spend like 15-30 min on the car there and it's air dried, no towels.
$20 for interior and exterior.
They have 3 bays, no tracks.

Beverly Hills Hand Car Wash
7011 Astoria Blvd, Flushing, NY

same deal as exclusive...
no tracks, they have a bay that can hold several cars at one time.

Savy 2000 Hand Car Wash
17504 Horace Harding Expy, Fresh Meadows, NY

Tried them once but they use towels... left some scratches on the ride afterwards from it.
Good one Carlos.. Exclusive Hand Car Wash sounds like its worth it. Guess I will be checking that one out if ever I am in the area.
Old 12-04-07, 07:50 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

For Bklyn Guys:

XTREME Auto Salon
Remsen Avenue
Brooklyn, NY
718 773 7357 (Ask for Ricky, tell him "D2" sent you).

25-30 dollars for Int / Ext detail, but seriously its a DETAIL (air /chamois dry, wax on chrome wheels, wood polish on interior trim, not a towel in the whole place). Also excellent machine polishing/buffing (about 125.00), which includes headlights/tailights/windows everything. (yes they polish the windows!!)

My 7series literally lived in this place, as do all the cars on our project page (Bentley, 997TT, Lambo included). Everything from Evo to RR Phantom comes through this place.

BAD NEWS: They are SLOW (how slow you ask?), we all just take our cars and leave them there. lol
Old 12-04-07, 07:52 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

I still have not found a great place in Yonkers. Oakleys on central is a joke with their big noodles bashing into your car.

Any suggestions guys?
Old 12-04-07, 08:25 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowKut
Since the cold weather is here on us, I am sure the majority of folks do not wash their car themselves (at least I dont). I am curious to know what Car Wash others use that provides the best possible wash.

I reside in Queens, NY (South Ozone Park) and found that Spotless hand Carwash on Woodhaven Blvd across from the cemetery give the cleanest wash around. I went to a lot of other places before in the neighborhood and surrounding area and found them to be the best. You can simply feel the pamper your car is receiving while gazing from behind the glass as it roll down the line going from hand-to-hand.

Also, the Getty Car Wash on Rockaway Blvd next to John Adams High School offer $5.00 wash after 7:00PM, for the price you can’t go wrong, you get what you pay for.
I think that's the one not too far from Metropolitan Ave. I went their once and wasn't too happy with it. The one on Queens Blvd right by the LIE and next to Wiggles and PC Richard is a good place. I feel like my car stays in the wash forever as it's being washed. A lot of the local limos and the limos that go into city get washed there.

Quick Reply: What Car Wash Do You Frequent?