NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Things That Really Pisses You Off From Other Drivers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 08:26 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
...Here you are on a one or two lane street with constant cars going by and you find a open spot. It's like the pressure is on you to hurry up and park your car in that spot before you hold up cars behind and waiting for you to park. There's plenty of people out there who can't wait a bit and soon you start hearing all kind of car horns. You said something about spending an extra 5 minutes to park. My man you got places within cities like NY were you can't spend that amount of time to park or get out of a spot that your in. That's when you hear and see people's mouth when they are cussing.
They can wait. And for the record, many times people ARE patient in NYC. The cab drivers may start beeping and stuff (but who cares!), yet others often wait patiently, especially if it's a tight spot. I'm simply not tapping cars in front or back of me just to save those NYC drivers an extra few minutes. And I hope that karma comes back to me when someone is pulling into park and MY car is one of those cars that they could easily just be "tapped" to get in or out of the space quicker.

It's common courtesy to respect other's property, instead of respecting impatient drivers, IMO.

BTW, I never thought of that on that your comment about those bumper guard mat things. It's like an open invite for those with bad parallel parking skills to bump there way in to a spot next to your car.
Yeah, my hunch is that when some of those bumper curtains get removed, there's some deep scratches and dents underneath them from the idiots who decided the curtains offered full protection. But I've seen some bumper covers that were like 4-5 inches of pure rubber...now THAT's protection.
Old 12-08-07, 06:53 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by WidebodyQ
Im not proud to say that im the driver that everyone hates.

-When it rains, I hydroplane worse then a 18 wheeler

-I drive slow, REAL SLOW.

-Parts under my car are known to rip off and fly on the road from driving low

-I get blowouts often from the stretches I run and when that happens, the car swerves

-Sometimes im in 1 1/2 lanes without realizing because im running 12's in the negative offsets in the rear and negative 11.5's up front so the car is pretty wide.

-People often drive as slow as me on my side so they can talk to me about the car while im driving causing even more traffic since two lanes are now going 45mph

-I ride the brakes because a small dip in the road can take out my oil pan

-I swerve left to right when I see the tiniest of potholes, sewer caps, etc

See now, you HAVE reasons to drive slow!! So we still love you
Old 12-14-07, 01:21 PM
LWGarnesJr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I Drive pretty fast, not reckless not obscenely fast but fast enough that no one ever really passes me on the highway, I'm usually doing the passing. My #1 Pet Peeve is people that drive slow in the left lane The left lane is for passing and If you are in the left lane doing the same speed as people in the middle lane YOU ARE *****ING UP!!! I'll usually hit the highbeams twice but I won't tailgate them, now I have to pass stupid A** on the right so that I can get in front of them and be on my merry way. I also hate when people in the left lane refuse to let you by and decide to speed up I've been WELL into triple digit speeds in various cars so the odds of you driving fast enough to make me back off are nil... (and I don't need you ending up in a ditch because you couldn't drive your car right on my concience) Obviously you are not comfortable driving at that speed so why don't you just let me by?... Its not a race!... Maybe I have to be some where or have something important to do. I'm not judging you because you drive slow just keep your slow A** is the slow A** lane and continue your day. Germany Has the autobahn and people drive at very high speeds without incedent and they have less accidents than we do here... the reason is lane discipline If you are in the left lane and you aren't passing anyone they ticket you heavily. And speed is also perception. If you are In your IS 250 in the left lane doing 120 mph you may think you are driving pretty fast and this could be exciting for you. The gentleman closing in behind you in the IS F at 172 mph may not share your perception of 120 mph being fast and he may get excited too, thats not the good kind of excitement though...(wow I didn't mean to rant this long) Ok thats enough of #1 lets get to #2... People that drive and talk on cell phones should be drug out into the street and shot (prefferably while still on said cell phone) If you need me to explain to you why it is not a good Idea to pilot 3,500 plus lbs of steel down the street while being distracted PM me and I will set up a time where I can explain in person in detail to you!... And If you TEXT while you drive... Forget it Darwin will root you out & hopefully you take no one with you.
Old 12-14-07, 02:07 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LWGarnesJr
And If you TEXT while you drive... Forget it Darwin will root you out & hopefully you take no one with you.
HAHAHAHAHA!

awesome...
Old 12-15-07, 10:53 AM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

My top three 1) Women who can't drive 2) Bad cell phone drivers 3) Someone driving in the far left lane who isn't speeding, what! absolute madness