NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Things That Really Pisses You Off From Other Drivers..

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-07, 07:43 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Things That Really Pisses You Off From Other Drivers..

Let me begin.... ahem...

1) Tailgating on your azz on the highway and the driver is like literally 1 foot behind you

2) On purpose speed up so you cannot get into the lane and you know that driver PURPOSELY sped up just to not let you in.

3) Drivers that cut into your lane unexpectedly because they are too lazy to SIGNAL.

4) Drivers beep the horn for you to move after the red light turned green literally HALF A SECOND AGO.

5) Drivers who drive on the highway and take 1 and a half lanes.

6) Slow drivers changes lanes all the way to the left lane and just so happened they are in front of you.

7) Drivers who drives slow enough that bike messengers can go faster and when you honk because they are driving at WALKING speed, they then speed up quickly to pass the light turning red and then you get stuck at the red light..

Well thats it for now, I know I have some more.
Old 12-06-07, 07:54 AM
LUTHOR-CL
Pole Position

bro i here u, not signaling, them beeping the horn when the light just turned green half a 2nd ago, and the #2.
i hate when i see ppl parallel park and hit other cars, it pisses the hell out of me even if its not my car getting bumped, its just no respect and decency.
Old 12-06-07, 07:57 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My pet peeve of all time is drivers who do not signal. It drives me crazy because I don't think that they realize how easy that can cause an accident. Just inconsiderate on their part.

I have to agree with all of the one's that you mentioned.

You forgot about the drivers who just lean into your lane and literally are just an inch from you rear view mirror and then you have to either accelerate or jump to the next lane so you don't get side swiped.

Yeah the lack of skills alot of drivers have when it comes to parking. Especially those who swear they will fit one way or another.
Old 12-06-07, 07:58 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Drivers Who Stop At Intersections With No Stop Signs.... Hands Down The Weorst Offense.

This Is Worse Than Those Who Dont Even Stop At The Stop Sign Or Stop When They Are 90% Through The Cross Walk!!!!!
Old 12-06-07, 08:07 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

basically what was said in post one, i have to deal with that on the highway every single day....especially when they speed up behind you, then cut u off. then i just get really pissed and get in front of them and brake check them. the look on their face is priceless when i pass em.
Old 12-06-07, 08:07 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by D-MAN63
Let me begin.... ahem...

1) Tailgating on your azz on the highway and the driver is like literally 1 foot behind you
When people do this, then I will do this:
2) On purpose speed up so you cannot get into the lane and you know that driver PURPOSELY sped up just to not let you in.

If you're going to be a pain in my ***, I'm at least going to make it worth my while to get a laugh or two
Old 12-06-07, 08:17 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yeah i dont think speeding up to not let someone in is a bad thing necessarily, a bit unsafe but not something that should **** u off. only reason it pisses you off is because ur probably driving aggressive in the first place.

look at it like this, there 1.25 car lengths for a car to fit in, very unsafe manuever and can lead to an accident quickly. 2 options, flash them and let the idiot in or honk, make the presence known and keep your lane. if you are minding your own business that person has no right to force themselves in ANYONE's lane.

another thing that pisses me off.... just because u put a blinker on doesnt automatically give you the right to come in to my lane. I was on Union tpk the other day and some cab driver gets stuck behind a bus. there was 2 car lengths between me and the person in front and the cab signals and pulls out right in front of me. i end up next to him at the light,still pissed becaause i almost hit him, i roll down my window and say what is wrong with u, he says to me shut up and stop being an ***, ur supposed to let me in cuz i had my blinker on... hahahahaahah
Old 12-06-07, 08:26 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by excluesive
yeah i dont think speeding up to not let someone in is a bad thing necessarily, a bit unsafe but not something that should **** u off. only reason it pisses you off is because ur probably driving aggressive in the first place.
I think you misunderstood me. I don't drive aggressively at all, but if someone is riding my *** (when I am driving with the speed of traffic) and then suddenly goes to pass, i might speed up just to irritate.
Old 12-06-07, 08:27 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

OOOOKKKKK,,,, interesting thread. I decline to comment here because the list of things which **** meoff about other drivers could take up quite alot of space here. Will just sit here and laugh. LOL!!!!
Old 12-06-07, 09:57 AM
LUTHOR-CL
Pole Position

look at it like this, there 1.25 car lengths for a car to fit in, very unsafe manuever and can lead to an accident quickly. 2 options, flash them and let the idiot in or honk, make the presence known and keep your lane. if you are minding your own business that person has no right to force themselves in ANYONE's lane.

another thing that pisses me off.... just because u put a blinker on doesnt automatically give you the right to come in to my lane. I was on Union tpk the other day and some cab driver gets stuck behind a bus. there was 2 car lengths between me and the person in front and the cab signals and pulls out right in front of me. i end up next to him at the light,still pissed becaause i almost hit him, i roll down my window and say what is wrong with u, he says to me shut up and stop being an ***, ur supposed to let me in cuz i had my blinker on... hahahahaahah[/QUOTE]

yea i def. hear u on this one too, just bcoz they put on the signals does not mean they can go, coz they usually do it at the last minute. when i first moved out here in bk from long island that used to pissed me off alot and ppl not signaling, but got used to ppl that signals, but not to ppl who dont signal, i just highbeam them or sometimes let it go. but mostly highbeam,lol.
Old 12-06-07, 10:09 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I hate drivers in the the fast lane going under the speed limit and I hate drivers who see you in the fast lane approaching and they move into the fast lane abut really don't go any faster, so you have to slow down.
Old 12-06-07, 10:15 AM
LUTHOR-CL
Pole Position

y? ?y y? lol. i dont understand y ppl do these things,lol. y cant pplp more b respectful or just think of what the other driver is thinking,
i let ppl cut me if they just signal, i try to think like they really need to get to where they have to go, just signal.
Old 12-06-07, 07:22 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I drive fast but I've eased off the gas lately but the folks who remain in the left (fast) lane and don't wanna move. But the thing that gets to me is drivers that don't wanna wait in line and wanna cut in front of you at the very last minute. When drivers do that, in some cases they end up blocking up another lane causing more traffic. That's like someone cutting in front of me in a line at a supermarket. You probably won't let anyone cut in front of unless the person has like one or two things to buy and here you are with a cart full of groceries. But anyway I really don't let anyone in front of me. But sometimes people who are out of towners or just not familiar with the area are the ones who get stuck and try to cut in front of you. Unless they have out of state plates, it's kind of hard to tell if the person who's trying to in front of you is from the area and wants to cheat and try and cut in.
Old 12-06-07, 07:45 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's hell out here in Jersey. Numerous things I hate.

Old people have REALLY nice cars.
Old people drive fast cars slow.
Some guy who's had too many beers, and starts to fall asleep
Drivers who don't give signals
Drivers playing LOUD obnoxious music 2 - 4 am.
Old 12-06-07, 08:59 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

sunday drivers
nyc cab drivers
bmw drivers
infiniti g35 drivers

Quick Reply: Things That Really Pisses You Off From Other Drivers..