NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

I'm getting sick of this!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-07, 08:42 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I'm getting sick of this!!!!

This morning when I came out of my driveway, and backed up into the street, a car came and hit the passenger side of my car. Nothing SERIOUS. Just scratches.

Total estimate to replace the front bumper- Roughly $800.00
Replace clear fog light - $300.00
The plastic piece holding the bottom screw broke, so I might just do a quick fix with some hot glue, or maybe some super glue.

I might just use the touch up paint since it's not THAT bad. The scratches are gone down into the black part of the bumper, so that's a bad thing.

Could someone please help me find a DIY that is RELIABLE, and very, very good. I don't want the colors to miss match, and I definitely want the shine back as well.

Last edited by UncleRay; 12-17-07 at 10:44 PM.
Old 12-17-07, 09:44 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

dang any pictures so we can see the damage? if not that bad u prolly need a detailer to buff it out..(One Hot).
Old 12-17-07, 10:43 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Pictures:

Old 12-18-07, 06:10 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GS400RcrX
This morning when I came out of my driveway, and backed up into the street, a car came and hit the passenger side of my car.
Sorry to hear about your car though. That's pretty significant for a DIY job. If you're willing to come to Qns, my boy has a body shop and will look out in terms of pricing.

You were backing out of your driveway into the street and a car hit the front of your car? Did they try to go around you after you had stopped?

I wonder who would be listed at fault since technically traffic would have the right of way, but if he went around you after you had come to a stop, hmmmmn.

I wonder where does the point of liability cross? If I'm backing out of my driveway, I should be liable for someone running into the back of me. But how far do I have to get out of the driveway before I have the right of way? Anyone care to pontificate the perusal of my ponderance?
Old 12-18-07, 07:05 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

........pontificate the perusal of my ponderance?
Nothing like big words and phrases like this to make you say WTF,,,,,,first thing in the morning. LOL!!!!

You were backing out of your driveway into the street and a car hit the front of your car? Did they try to go around you after you had stopped?
Cliff I am with you on this one. How in the world did you get hit in the front and have scratches on the side as well as the front bumper?? Please elaborate. Something is not adding up.
Old 12-18-07, 07:59 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Well, as I exit my parking lot, and I head to my right, some ***** comes swerving off of the highway and tries to miss my car by going too fast.

My car is only under liability for $300.00, and the insurance company doesn't cover cosmetic damages.

Papi, donde es de tu amigo body shop?
Old 12-18-07, 08:06 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Papi, donde es de tu amigo body shop?
Jamaica, Qns

Originally Posted by GS400crX
Well, as I exit my parking lot, and I head to my right, some ***** comes swerving off of the highway and tries to miss my car by going too fast.

My car is only under liability for $300.00, and the insurance company doesn't cover cosmetic damages.
Makes a little bit more sense (well not really, not without pictures) lol

What does only under liability for $300 mean or is that your deductible? Or do you only have liability insurance? If its the latter, you might want to do a check on how much repairs and parts cost for the GS and invest in getting full coverage. One small accident or fender bender will easily exceed a year's premium for full coverage.
Old 12-18-07, 01:59 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Finally went to Home depot and picked up some super glue with advanced formula to put my fog light back together.

Papi, any idea how much your friend would charge me? =/
Old 12-18-07, 02:58 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Finally went to Home depot and picked up some super glue with advanced formula to put my fog light back together.

Papi, any idea how much your friend would charge me? =/
No, I really have no clue, it's almost impossible to give a quote without him taking a look at the car. Here's his number 917 577-4404 (his name is Junior), you can try to call him during business hours (shop closes at 6) and tell him I (Cliff) gave you his number but you live in NJ and if it's possible for you to email him pictures so he can give you a range of what you're looking at at.