NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Pit Bull

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-08, 07:12 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Very sad, but my question is this, "WHY WAS A DOBERMAN IN AN APARTMENT!" If I was stuck in a apartment I would go mad as well. Not saying this is the primary motive for the attack but people need to understand that treating pets like ,"pets" is not always the smartest thing to do.

One of the primary reasons we purchased a large lot (in LA County it is considered large) was so our dogs and child can enjoy running in the backyard. Dogs needs to get their energy out and an apartment is no place for a Dobi. And the daily walk it not enough to release that type of energy.

Perhaps a pug or other lap dog (with outside privileges) but not a large dog with massive amounts of energy. Dogs like people and other mammals get irritated and need to release energy. Not defending the dog by any means but gheesh, there are always those that buy animals as trophies and throw them on the side of the house and ignore them, or throw them in the bathroom and then get angry because they peed in the wrong spot..........
There really should be a qualification test for those wanting to own animals.

I had a friend with a dobi that killed their poodle years back when I was young ,the father grabbed his 45 and bang, no more dobi.
I have no idea what prompted the entire incident. This does not mean I hold anything against dobis though. But again, as much as I trust our Pit we do not let the boy start banging him in head with anything. Common sense has to come in somewhere.

Last edited by Pearlpower; 01-04-08 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-09-08, 01:33 PM
fonzo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that is a sad story.
Old 01-09-08, 01:41 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, they put the Doberman to sleep this past Monday
Old 01-10-08, 01:41 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's crazy. A couple of years ago there was a guy who brought his newborn to his mothers house, which was filled with pits. One of the pits bit the baby and it died. I know it happened in the Bronx.

My boy's pit broke off its chain, ran underneath a car and jumped to bite me. He didnt get me the first time, but the second jump he bit my abs and just hung there. Me and this other guy were punching it in the head until it let go (about 30 seconds). It only hurt after 2 minutes. Good thing it didnt have rabies or else I wouldve needed 7 vaccine injections in my belly button!
Dogs usually live for max 10 days once they get rabies.
Old 01-10-08, 01:53 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ErseOne
That's crazy. A couple of years ago there was a guy who brought his newborn to his mothers house, which was filled with pits. One of the pits bit the baby and it died. I know it happened in the Bronx.

My boy's pit broke off its chain, ran underneath a car and jumped to bite me. He didnt get me the first time, but the second jump he bit my abs and just hung there. Me and this other guy were punching it in the head until it let go (about 30 seconds). It only hurt after 2 minutes. Good thing it didnt have rabies or else I wouldve needed 7 vaccine injections in my belly button!
Dogs usually live for max 10 days once they get rabies.
Animal control called my house to ask questions and said basiclly if the dog bites someone or something.
Unless it was a sever injury ( Whole other story...This is very subjective.)
It would be the owners responsibility to keep the dog on a leash on his property for 10 days, Then they take it to the vet, the vet gives them a look and just fills out a form that says " The dog , apears to be in good health ."

It's funny how you never hear bad dog owners chime in , it's always the responsible owners defending themselves because some dummy screwing it up for everyone else...

Oh...and friend or no friend I would have killed that dog.
All my friends know to keep their muts under control or I make examples of them...

As much as I love animals we always need to Keep the big picture in mind... "We are Human...they are dogs".
Old 01-10-08, 02:32 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't like dogs. o.o I'm more of a cat person my self ^_^