NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle '08 comment, questions,,,

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-08, 06:57 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Carlisle '08 comment, questions,,,

OK guys, the Carlisle 08 official thread is finally done and posted . After alot of collaboration between Leroy and myself, and about 40,000 phone calls, we have posted the info in which we have available at this time. The above stickied thread has been created and locked, as it is to serve as an INFORMATION ONLY thread, and we didn't want it to get out of hand. Any new information will be added in that thread and Leroy and I will do our best to make sure that you guys are aware of it. In case anyone has missed it from above, here is the link.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=327877

I am creating this thread for the purpose of comments, question, and general conversation. Since Leroy and myself are the PRIMARY contacts for our group with this Carlisle event, we will answer questions here. Please keep in mind that the above information posted is what we have available at this time, and we will bring new info to light as it becomes available to us. Anyone who wants to volunteer to help with anything, or suggestions please speak up, as it would be greatly apreciated.

I only ask that we stay on point with this thread, and use it to address the event only. I would like to make/keep this a positive experience for everyone. Please use PM if there is a need to express a negative comment, etc and it will be addressed on a 1 to 1 basis.

Organizing this event for our group takes alot of personal time (and no pay), and from time to time Leroy of I may ask for info from you guys to make sure that Carlisle is on point with what we have gathered. Keep in mind that with the invites to Is.Net, ISfanatics, Tri-state, and High Society; we will be monitoring multiple forums at the same time, and keeping track of ALOT of information. Please help us in the rendering of information, if asked, when needed.

Thanks guys!!!! I look forward to seeing alot of you in attendance!!!!

****1/7/08 IMPORTANT NOTE*****

IN ORDER FOR ME TO KEEP ACCURATE TRACK OF ATTENDANCE, PLEASE PM ME WITH YOUR REGISTRATION INFO FROM YOUR CARD UPON RECEIPT IN THE MAIL. THIS INFO WILL CONSIST OF YOUR NAME/SCREEN NAME/ CAR/ AND Cust ID # ON THE CARD. I WILL HAVE THE ATTENDANCE LIST UPDATED ON THE REGISTRATION THREAD ON THIS FORUM ONCE A WEEK. THANKS!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 01-09-08 at 09:37 PM. Reason: ADDITION OF INFO
Old 01-06-08, 08:42 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank Leroy and Tony for their hardwork in dealing with the Carlisle staff to this point and also for what is soon to come. This is no easy task and I wish them the best.

This is the MUST ATTEND EVENT OF THE YEAR. You are obviously not obligated to attend. With the size of the event and the experiences that we can have as a group I highly recommend your attendance. I have been attending the Carlisle show for about 5 years and I have never not had a great time. If there is any doubt for you new people ask some of those that attended in 2007 or refer to the following thread.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=carlisle

I look forward to seeing/meeting as many of you members as possible. Register sooner than later and definitely book a room sooner.

Good Luck to all

-Ryan
Old 01-06-08, 11:48 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is great, I am very excited about this event. I didn't get to go this past year, but I would really like to get to this one. Is everyone planning on going for all three days, or what exactly will be going on? Depending on whether or not my girlfriend has to work that weekend will really change what days I am able to go(She's an Athletic Trainer at a high school).

As for hotels, are we going to try for a group rate at one hotel, or is it just going to be whoever wants to go wherever? I hope that I can find out within the next few weeks if I will be able to do this, because otherwise the rates will be pretty expensive.

I am definitely looking forward to this, and I think it will be a great experience.
Old 01-06-08, 11:56 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

This is a 3 day event. Friday will be arrival, cleaning or cars, check in: all the formalities and then I imagine we will get together for dinner as best we can. Saturday will be the main day of the event in which we will as well as other cars and clubs be on display. Last year we met at the registration area and rolled in as one group(this is what we would like to do again this year). Sunday will be more of a lazy day in the morning and then there will be awards.

The hotel information is linked on the sticky that is posted in Trukn1 first post in this thread. I would suggest trying to get a few people together to split the room cost. It would be hell to try to coordinate the amount of people we hope to have attending in one hotel.

Hope you can make it out.
Old 01-06-08, 12:31 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

I'm def going to be staying for all three days. Well I guess its a must for me, but I def need to start looking into hotel rates.
Old 01-06-08, 12:34 PM
BKGS3
Pole Position

what goes on at carlisle? since i never been there for me. someone fill me in!!!!
Old 01-06-08, 12:45 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Thanks for the response Bernie and also for the compliments. As Bernie stated, this IS a 3 day event. Normally the crowd turnout on Friday is minimal, as well as show participants. Last year we used this day to come together as a group, clean the cars, figure out where the banners are gonna be hung, as well as try to figure out the best useage for the limited amount of parking thatt was available to us. This year, parking WILL be a little more abundant, however I still have to plan and make use of the amount of space available to us. Yes, more parking,, however I am expecting more of a turnout this year, so I plan on being ready and advising my committee on what is planned a little closer to the event. Alot of what I need to do is gonna be based upon the rough idea of people who are coming. I need numbers to work with. LOL!!! Saturday is the big day, and we meet up pretty early as a group to roll in together. This is the plan for this year as well, as I am working on a few amenities/surprises for our group. Not finalized, so I will not reveal yet.
As far as the hotel is concerned, it is advised that those of you who KNOW you are coming reserve the rooms ASAP. Lots of the rooms closer to the fairground are actually reserved a year in advance. A few of us stayed in Harrisburg (20 minute drive) and had no problem at all. I will seek hotel in Harrisburg for reference as well if that is what a majority of the people want to do. Or if someone closer to that area, can scout out some hotel chains and get contact info, it would be greatly appreciated. Trying to stay away from getting a block of rooms. Yes it would be cheaper, but unfortunately it did not work out in 07. We will consider it if, and only if, a large group (10 or more) decide this is definately what they want to do, and are willing to put up the money when the block of rooms are reserved. Please by all means, seek the info on an independant basis as well and share with us your findings too.
what goes on at carlisle? since i never been there for me. someone fill me in!!!!
To keep it simple,Carlisle is one BIG car show. We use this venue as a means to get together on a regional level since it is pretty central for all areas involved. refer to this thread to see some of what went on in 07 for us,,,https://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...ight=aftermath

Last edited by trukn1; 01-06-08 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-06-08, 04:18 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TRGS300
This is just a list of a few events that Carlisle has to offer during this weekend(based on past experience).

1. Parts Vendors(not many Lexus parts)
2. Bikini Contest
3. Usually Dyno
4. Small Track events
5. Motorcycle Stunt Show
6. Burnout Contest
7. Ice House (Hot Import Nights type of Show section)
8. Many Car Clubs attend.
9. And a great oppurtunity to meet new people and chill with old friends

just to name a few.
Old 01-06-08, 05:12 PM
BKGS3
Pole Position

hmmm sounds fun...i got to think about it and save up money now...but then i dont think imma go for all 3 days..maybe 1 or 2 days...but o wells...let me see waht happens first..i still have time to think about it and see whoelse might wanna go with me down there
Old 01-06-08, 05:16 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Trust me, TRGS,,, you will not be alone coming to Carlisle. Just keep an eye on the deadlines to register.
Old 01-06-08, 05:24 PM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I will try my best to be there, that's right around finals. The SC should be done and ready to play then.
Old 01-06-08, 05:52 PM
Juangado
Driver

Does everyone plan on stayin in carlisle or are you going to stay closer to harrisburg? The reason i ask is many of you know the night life in harrisburg is pretty fun.
Old 01-06-08, 06:04 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Juangado
Does everyone plan on stayin in carlisle or are you going to stay closer to harrisburg? The reason i ask is many of you know the night life in harrisburg is pretty fun.
Oh, some of us KNOW just how great the night life is in Harrisburg.

I'll definitely be there Saturday and Sunday...if I can, I'll go up Friday night.
Old 01-06-08, 06:15 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by Juangado
A few of us stayed in Harrisburg, and it's outskirts, in 07. Ride was only 20 minutes to Carlisle, and most importantly there were PLENTY rooms available. Honestly, if you gonna try to stay close to Carlisle, you better look into it now. Most times those rooms go almost a year in advance. Harrisburg would probably be better to keep everyone in one close general area.

as far as the night life goes,, shh dont tell anyone. LOL!!! When you can get a whole bar chanting GO NELOC, and they dont even know what they are saying,,,, SKILLZ!!!!
Old 01-06-08, 06:22 PM
DJ TANTRA
Lexus Test Driver

Comment ---

Bikini Contest... CHYEAHHHHH BOIIIIIIIIII

&

The Burnout....Hopefully Cliff will do what I heard he did last year again! :-D

Quick Reply: Carlisle '08 comment, questions,,,