NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

NELOC sticker

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-08, 04:22 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexatlast
Who are the senior members in each area that have them in supply or will have them at some point? Personally, I have no idea whos been here longer than others. I assume it by post count, but that isn't entirely accurate...
Have you made the three meet requirement, and can anyone confirm that.
Old 01-09-08, 06:34 AM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Apex84
Have you made the three meet requirement, and can anyone confirm that.
lol i just joined recently so i haven't made the 3 meet requirement yet. I'm just asking as I'm def gonna be around a while so I figured it would be prudent to ask.
Old 01-09-08, 06:41 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Like he said, there was no organized movement to get stickers going. This was done on a whim way back when and out of pocket so that we could represent the unity we were developing. As you can see from the number of posts in recent times there are only about 20-30 people actively participating in NELOC at the moment so to stop people from popping in and demanding a sticker at their whim, a '3 meet' rule was initiated before certificate holders would feel comfortable giving up their private stash. Right now I'm not even sure who has them anymore so going to a meet and having conversations with people is the best way to find out where to get them from.
Old 01-09-08, 07:44 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kinda jumping in on this but are we allowed to ask for permission to make our own?
Old 01-09-08, 07:49 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

There's nothing stopping you but I'm sure most people would appreciate your participation to earn a sticker versus going out and buying or creating one. We don't think it's too much to ask for you to attend a couple of meets otherwise, we'll just be a bunch of Lexus cars running around with stickers that have no meaning.
Old 01-09-08, 08:14 AM
tuddy
Negative Nancy

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oh boy here we go again lol
Old 01-09-08, 08:20 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
There's nothing stopping you but I'm sure most people would appreciate your participation to earn a sticker versus going out and buying or creating one. We don't think it's too much to ask for you to attend a couple of meets otherwise, we'll just be a bunch of Lexus cars running around with stickers that have no meaning.
Well said
Old 01-09-08, 08:33 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second that, well said.
Old 01-09-08, 08:45 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I third that However, I'm making a T-shirt for my self :P
Old 01-09-08, 11:25 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

I'm planning on coming to Carlisle this year (I just read the sticky today and have to register). I've wanted to come to some meets this year but my es was put out of commission during the summer and I'm very upstate so its hard for me to make it to a lot of meets. I do see your point though so I won't go and make one but I would still like to
Old 01-09-08, 11:41 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

I'm sure there are people who drive Lexus upstate (what part of upstate?), they may not know about the site and are waiting for you to tell them about it.

We look forward to meeting you. Be sure to PM Apex or Trukn with your registration information once it's completed.
Old 01-09-08, 12:52 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Yea I've told a couple people. I''ve seen other Lexus's but I just haven't met the people that drive them. I mean I know for a fact I drive the only Lexus in the town I live in. Oh and i'm about 15 miles south of Utica.
Old 01-09-08, 01:04 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Choas
Yea I've told a couple people. I''ve seen other Lexus's but I just haven't met the people that drive them. I mean I know for a fact I drive the only Lexus in the town I live in. Oh and i'm about 15 miles south of Utica.
Ok, I would say that we are going off-topic but a NELOC Sticker thread is going to go nowhere regardless I went to school in Utica (Utica Tech) for like three weeks when my scholarship fell through at another school. Started to snow really early and coach said he still wanted us to run at 6 every morning. Packed my bags and never looked back. The most boring drive ever to get there, there's a dealership right off the Thruway exit (that's the only thing I remember about Utica - that and snow)
Old 01-09-08, 01:14 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Yea I think thats Travisani-Laporte I think. What do you mean snow it was 65 here yesterday. Seriously you should see the snow I get here Utica gets nothing compared to my house. Now do you see why I don't make it to many meets lol who wants to make that drive.
Old 01-09-08, 01:24 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

I meant it was snowing three weeks after school started in Sept. I packed my bags and left for North Carolina and haven't been back since.

Quick Reply: NELOC sticker