NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Anyone have any really reputable paint shops in the tri-state area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-08, 01:21 PM
Lexatlast
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TRGS300
what are you trying to get done with your car????
i'm trying to get the whole car repainted. My 95 gs is two tone, black w/gray bottom. I want to get it painted the blue slate metallic (183) that was offered for my car's year cause i see so few GSs with it and its an impressive color.
Old 01-17-08, 01:28 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by hurricane
need a paint and body work done also on my 99 lex gs black... round how much junior charge to get a car just painted over no body work .. ball park figures ,<< i will prob check this shop out since i live in jamicia

Can't give you an estimate without him looking at it as there's no telling how much work needs to be done to the car (Rock chips, body work, etc)

(I would be wary of anyone giving you an estimate without looking at your car first)

But just stop by the shop (if you want me to meet you there let me know, I'm only 5 mins from the shop) and he'll let you know what you're working with.

Lexatlast, same goes for you, if you want to swing by the shop on Sat, give a shout.
Old 01-17-08, 01:43 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Get quotes from the shops that were mentioned above, then call my guy and tell him I gave you his number and see if there's a difference in the price

Dynamic Auto Works & Sales Inc
108-41 Merrick Blvd
Jamaica, NY 11433

917 577-4404 Ask for Junior (Owner)
Is your friend good with mixing Pearl Paint? I got an Acura TL-S that might need the hood repainted factory Pearl White. Thanks.
Old 01-17-08, 02:54 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by ErseOne
Is your friend good with mixing Pearl Paint? I got an Acura TL-S that might need the hood repainted factory Pearl White. Thanks.
Yeah, he actually just got finished talking to myself and Gsoup about Pearl White for another NELOC member who wanted a quote. I think he said it was a 3 stage job.
Old 01-17-08, 03:02 PM
hurricane
Lead Lap

i called him up and am goin to bring the car by soon to get an estimate ..round how much is a norm price for a basic black onyx paint job by him? no body work
Old 01-17-08, 03:16 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Not sure, If anything, go to a second shop and get a quote from them (find out exactly what type of paint they are using and how many coats there are going to apply) and then take the car (and quote) to Junior. If he's not looking out for you, let me know and I'll stop referring people to him after I curse him out...lol But like I said, he's a personal friend and having someone close that owns his own shop is never a bad thing.

Before:

After:

I've had my entire car painted by him and he did the molding work on my TTE lip
Old 01-17-08, 03:34 PM
hurricane
Lead Lap

^^thanks bro help is much appreciated
Old 01-18-08, 06:17 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Yeah, he actually just got finished talking to myself and Gsoup about Pearl White for another NELOC member who wanted a quote. I think he said it was a 3 stage job.
Yea, it's a 3 stage job. Matching the paint is the hard part. I'll let you know if I need it done. Thanks again.