Anyone heard of nyce1s.com???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-08, 05:57 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleGz
LOL, sounds like you've been there, done that
I've raced cars, motorcycles and even dirtbikes at 150th and Fountain Ave ever since Junior High. lol, I even raced a Hyundai Excel Hatchback out there once. And like Soarer said, the money that's out there gets pretty big. You get the boys to come out from Long Island to play and we used to send them home pissed off.

The races happens between 12 and 3 in the morning and that section of the highway isn't travelled much at night. Cops know about it but the races literally take 10mins to set up and complete. Then you go back to the negotiation spot (either Burger King or the Conduit) and talk ish while picking up your money.
Old 01-18-08, 07:28 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
I've raced cars, motorcycles and even dirtbikes at 150th and Fountain Ave ever since Junior High. You get the boys to come out from Long Island to play and we used to send them home pissed off.
I remember hearing bout Fountain in BK from the mid-late 90s. What exit is it of the Belt? Also, Francis Lewis, but too many ppl got killed and cars got taken by NYPD. Then there's the infamous Hunts Point!

What were the LI guys running? I know out in Deer Park they got a lot of american muscle.
Old 01-18-08, 07:42 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Fountain was right off Linden Blvd (where the Movie Theater is now), we used to meet in the McDonalds parking lot, set up the race, head over to Fountain, then back to McDonalds after the race.

GSoup and I were at one not too long ago last winter where some guys from LI came out with a SRT8 Cherokee that sounded pure badazz. They were coming out to race my boys friend who had a sleeper but he couldn't get there in time and the LI guys got antsy and left before it could pop off. But they still go on, the only problem, is now I'll get a phone call at 1 or 2 in the morning telling me about a race and to hurry up if I want to catch it. lol, needless to say, I haven't seen one in a while.
Old 01-18-08, 08:11 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fountain has been dead for several years now. I used to head out there on sunday afternoons. One evening we get there and there are huge square holes dug in a checker board pattern at random places all down the street. Guliani shut that down. Used to be right next to a school for the deaf... Used to be off the Pennsylvania exit on the Belt, by Starred City comlex.

Got pretty crazy. Cops started staking out the place and recording videos of the cars racing, then come to your house at night and tow your car away, right out of the driveway even. There was a chiropractor who had a Viper who'd come all the time. He had his car seized.

They also used to run at Franny Lew, Maspeth Ave, and the bronx. Franny Lew was fun. Chill out at the 7eleven then make a run. Go back for more slurpees. But yeah, tons of cops after several high profile fatal accidents. They still do a lot out by JFK, Deer Park in LI and Hunt's Point in S. Bronx.

Very easy to shut down a highway. Just get about 10 cars and slow down, blocking all traffic while the couple of guys get the line. We used to do this all the time on Sundays, evening into the night. LOL, stupid times, stupid times...

Last edited by T0ked; 01-18-08 at 08:20 AM.
Old 01-18-08, 08:14 AM
Sash
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone needs to hit me up the next time ishh is going down.
Old 01-18-08, 11:15 AM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

So lets bring back franny lew
Old 01-18-08, 11:25 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Ummmmm NO, lol

Just to refresh your memory for those who've forgotten or too young to remember:

A three-month police sting operation against drag racers in Queens resulted yesterday morning in the arrest of 18 men and the seizure of 14 cars and motorcycles that the police said had been illegally modified for high-speed performance.

The Queens District Attorney, Richard A. Brown, announced the arrests at a news conference yesterday afternoon in the parking lot of the 107th Precinct station house in Fresh Meadows, where the impounded vehicles -- including five Ford Mustangs and two Chevrolet Camaros -- were on display.

The investigation, the third in a series, was called Operation Hermes III, after the swift Greek god associated with roads. The first two Hermes operations, carried out last year, resulted in the convictions of 30 people and were directed at organized drag racing and at motor vehicle inspection stations where illegal cars passed inspection.

Hermes III focused on what Mr. Brown called "the races of opportunity -- the two kids who pull up next to each other in cars like these and say, 'Hey, do you want to run?' "

About 65 police officers set out at 5 A.M. yesterday to arrest the suspects, who ranged in age from 18 to 32, at their homes. Of the 18 men arrested, 2 live in Brooklyn and 2 on Long Island; the rest live in Queens.

All were charged with first-degree reckless endangerment, a felony punishable by up to seven years in prison. They also face possible suspension or revocation of their driver's licenses and confiscation of their cars, Mr. Brown said.

The evidence against the suspects includes videotaped surveillance and radar speed detection results, Mr. Brown said. And some of the most potentially damning evidence is likely to come from the 15 investigators who worked under cover, using high-powered vehicles seized in the first Hermes operation to infiltrate the drag racing scene.

By engaging some of the drag racers in conversations about car parts, mechanics and driving, investigators were able to learn the locations of the most popular racing spots and the identities of some drivers. "It was easy for me because I'm a motor head," said Officer Joseph Andujar, 33, a former race car driver.

The police identified the most popular racing spots as the North Channel Bridge in the Rockaways; South Conduit Avenue in Rosedale; Cross Bay Boulevard from 150th Avenue to 130th Avenue in Howard Beach; and Francis Lewis Boulevard from the Horace Harding Expessway to the Cross Island Parkway, from Fresh Meadows to Whitestone.
Link
Old 01-18-08, 11:52 AM
Rock-a-Lex
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Ummmmm NO, lol

Just to refresh your memory for those who've forgotten or too young to remember:

Link
Holy C R A P! Why don't they just leave us alone! lol . Seriously though, if it's a straight road and no other cars are on that road (late at night) and I want to drive a little fast...don't bother me officer!
Old 01-18-08, 12:09 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Holy C R A P! Why don't they just leave us alone! lol . Seriously though, if it's a straight road and no other cars are on that road (late at night) and I want to drive a little fast...don't bother me officer!
Sounds good, but realize that they could be setting you up. A car lines up next to you to bait you into a race (and you have no idea that it's an officer in a car siezed from another race) and not only do you lose (They are going to make sure to bring a car fast enough to catch up to you) the race, but you lose your license and your car.

lol, and Nick, I can see from reading all your previous posts, you're just not the type to turn down a race at all, ever.
Old 01-18-08, 12:42 PM
SC3005SPD1
Lead Lap

wow.... thats crazy. It was back in 1995 tho. I live right by franny lew. I dont see anyone racing there much anymore. But there is a police station on the Grand Central going westbound. The one over in the cut. There a legal track on long island years ago but its long gone. Before my time i think
Old 01-18-08, 12:54 PM
Sash
Lead Lap

I am still down . . . sooooo I expect a phone call ; ))
Old 01-18-08, 01:07 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by SC3005SPD1
wow.... thats crazy. It was back in 1995 tho. I live right by franny lew. I dont see anyone racing there much anymore. But there is a police station on the Grand Central going westbound. The one over in the cut. There a legal track on long island years ago but its long gone. Before my time i think

That was 95 but that's what shut it down. They were very thorough and had a file on anyone who even went out there to bet.

But if you think that they aren't still doing it, you might want to think again. Suffolk County has joined in and with those kids dying on CrossBay Blvd and the Van Wyck in Nov and Dec, it's back on the radar again.

So trust me, I'm not the one telling you not to do it but I'm the one to tell you to stop your whining when you come in here the day after talking about how you hate cops and all that crap. It's fine to do it once in a while if you know what you're doing and and do it safely but if you're going to get into it heavily, be prepared to pay to play no matter the consequence.
Old 01-18-08, 01:19 PM
SUPRA OWNER
Pole Position

Default Fountain avenue, those were the good old days. I used to have

a black mazda 626 2 door with a 13b turbo rotory motor. I used to punish those mustang 5.0 and camaro every sunday evening. We use to take our grill and barbecue till all hours in the night, while watching the races. No need to run from the police because they knew what was going on. They were to busy trying to catch drug dealers.

Franny lew, let me say my maxima and my supra made a few apperances. Very un-organized, to many kids driving recklessly. Thank god I didn't get caught by the cameras. I know a few people that did at Franny lew.

Lets not forget the Jones beach. I hit an indicated 165 mph in my supra on that straight away.
Old 01-18-08, 07:18 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr Soarer
ive been there so many times.... its mainly the nassau expwy great place to bet money. bets go from $2000-$10000 per race.. usually muscle cars and a yellow supra than my friend know that be running there i have 2 videos of the yellow supra running <its serious Th400 tranny single turbo + nos enjoy the videos

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/4...3c01318633.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/7...b000dcd299.htm
Wow that supra is just wow speechless

and just look at the risk that supra had to take racing that mustang. The supra would've been destroyed by the stang if he miss shifted or slowed down

If i had a supra like that, i'd save it for the track. Too precious for the streets!
Old 01-18-08, 07:23 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

I've been to the races up in syracuse when i went to school upstate

There were races set up every friday or saturday

Those kids up there race anything they got, literally! I had a friend who did runs with his mom's dodge caravan. I'm ashame to even call him my friend

The craziest thing i saw was a rx-7 takeoff. I don't know what he had but that **** took off like a jet plane. It was just unreal!

Quick Reply: Anyone heard of nyce1s.com???