NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Shout out goes to........

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-08, 11:38 AM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shout out goes to........

I know this is late, but I have to give a shout out to Carlos, Tara and Leroy for all of their help with the installation of my SRT intake this past Saturday. Thanks Carlos and Tara for allowing me to use your garage and finding the instruction for the wiring diagram. And thank you Leroy for lending a hand with the install. I love the intake so far and I haven't noticed an increase of power off the line, but the mid range power from 3500rpms to 5000rpms is very noticeable. I still haven't gotten her up to speed, but my runs from 80-120 have been impressive to me. My next mod in terms of performance will be some headers, but that won't be until the summer. Thanks alot guys, I was too much of a punk to cut into my ECU, so Carlos took over.

Next week Leroy's garage: Install of new brakes so that I can stop this big boat.
Old 02-05-08, 12:18 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kwamdoo74
I know this is late, but I have to give a shout out to Carlos, Tara and Leroy for all of their help with the installation of my SRT intake this past Saturday. Thanks Carlos and Tara for allowing me to use your garage and finding the instruction for the wiring diagram. And thank you Leroy for lending a hand with the install. I love the intake so far and I haven't noticed an increase of power off the line, but the mid range power from 3500rpms to 5000rpms is very noticeable. I still haven't gotten her up to speed, but my runs from 80-120 have been impressive to me. My next mod in terms of performance will be some headers, but that won't be until the summer. Thanks alot guys, I was too much of a punk to cut into my ECU, so Carlos took over.

Next week Leroy's garage: Install of new brakes so that I can stop this big boat.
Anytime you need a hand, I got you bro . I' hoping that the weather holds this weekend, so we can change your brakes. They're calling for snow/rain showers all weekend. But hey if the weather is sh!!!!y then there's always weekend after next.
Old 02-05-08, 12:45 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ah... well looky here... my man....

shhhh...everyone.....don't tell wifey...... he probably did this on the DL
Old 02-05-08, 01:08 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Batmobile
ah... well looky here... my man....

shhhh...everyone.....don't tell wifey...... he probably did this on the DL
That's a good one.......... She knows about the intake, I just haven't mentioned the headers yet. But since she has seen some of the mods on the cars in NELOC, she doesn't give me a hard time about a mod here and there. And actually, the intake is the second mod on my car other than re-tinting the car last summer and adding a Elemental design subwoofer and amp. But I think that I will add a "little" something else before Carlisle.
Old 02-05-08, 01:56 PM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kwamdoo74

It wasn't a big deal Kwame, anytime you need a hand with the GS let me know. Glad to see your enjoying it. Sounds like I'm gonna have to get the ramps back from my buddy to do the headers.
Old 02-05-08, 02:14 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I cant wait to hear the GS. I heard it sounded vicious.

-Smitty
Old 02-06-08, 01:05 PM
Scarlet300
Lead Lap

Kwame welcome to the SRT club...lol Just joking. You know that was one of my first mods and I have been more than happy with it. Good luck with the brakes, I'm sure you guys will have no issues. Let me know when you do it. Maybe I can make another apperance since I am the NELOC ghost...lol
Old 02-06-08, 05:20 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Kwame, Glad you are about and about. Congrats on the intake, hell it's hard to find one. But will be calling your when I get mine someday. Good look on finding headers. How's the baby? Mine is a hand full. I hope to have a get together at my place this spring. We let you and all NELOC know later. Of course bring the baby and Mrs.
Old 02-07-08, 06:55 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Kwame, don't front, Carlos and Leroy didn't do a thing! I was the only one who had the ***** to cut the ECU........hehehehehehehehe You know our driveway/garage and Carlos are always up to help out...and me of course even though I didn't do anything last weekend

Thanks for the ride in the GS! The SRT sounds mean! You scared the crap outta those kids on the corner, it was so funny!

Leroy, thanks for taking my IS on a joy ride now my tires are bald lol
Old 02-07-08, 07:42 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LittleGz
Kwame, don't front, Carlos and Leroy didn't do a thing! I was the only one who had the ***** to cut the ECU........hehehehehehehehe You know our driveway/garage and Carlos are always up to help out...and me of course even though I didn't do anything last weekend

Thanks for the ride in the GS! The SRT sounds mean! You scared the crap outta those kids on the corner, it was so funny!

Leroy, thanks for taking my IS on a joy ride now my tires are bald lol
Dizzam I wish I was there for that Would have made a nice little clip in a NELOC video.

-Smitty
Old 02-07-08, 12:42 PM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Congrats. Kwame, we got some zoomin' around to do soon. Rt.50 Autobahn here we come.
Old 02-07-08, 01:20 PM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KevinGS
Yeah, boyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Congrats. Kwame, we got some zoomin' around to do soon. Rt.50 Autobahn here we come.
hey, hey , hey lets make sure we stay on the subject, this takes away from my spotlight