NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Roundtable Meet , MD,,,,March 8, 2008

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-08, 07:48 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd like to attend!

I have not attended any events thus far as I got my Lexus late last year and with a job change, performing some basic maintenance, the holidays and end of the year by time I was ready the events were over. I am also signing up this week for Carlisle from all accounts I have seen on the forum it looks like great times!

Now I see most of the cars are modded but mine is BONE stock hope that is not an issue. I prefer to keep it that way but enjoy the commaraderie and maintenance tips I get from hanging with some seasoned owners.

FWIW...my car is a 92 SC400 Pearl with 84k miles and owned by "snowbirders" who made the regular NY to FLA trip, I am the second owner. It even came with a battery charger when they plugged it up to sit for months on end. Next up is timing belt change and I think lower control arms might need changing and front speaker swap.

I live in VA, near Dulles Airport, and would like to discuss some ideas for events this year.
Old 02-26-08, 08:16 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
I'd like to attend!

I have not attended any events thus far as I got my Lexus late last year and with a job change, performing some basic maintenance, the holidays and end of the year by time I was ready the events were over. I am also signing up this week for Carlisle from all accounts I have seen on the forum it looks like great times!

Now I see most of the cars are modded but mine is BONE stock hope that is not an issue. I prefer to keep it that way but enjoy the commaraderie and maintenance tips I get from hanging with some seasoned owners.

FWIW...my car is a 92 SC400 Pearl with 84k miles and owned by "snowbirders" who made the regular NY to FLA trip, I am the second owner. It even came with a battery charger when they plugged it up to sit for months on end. Next up is timing belt change and I think lower control arms might need changing and front speaker swap.

I live in VA, near Dulles Airport, and would like to discuss some ideas for events this year.
Good to hear you're coming out. Being stock for Carlisle is a none issue. Like you said it's more about the commaraderie. See you on the 8th.
Old 02-26-08, 10:05 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

1. BernieIS
2. Apex84
3. Trukn1 (maybe due to job restriction)
4. Habious
5. LilGz
6. Rare1
7. kwamdoo74
8. greenvy2l
9. amorphous (typical sc guy )
10. Ali SC3
11. Scarlet300
12. Orangecar
13. Ultra VIP (maybe)
14. RolxuSC400
Old 02-26-08, 02:25 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd like to attend!

There are PLENTY of members here whose cars are bone stock. Not even an issue at all. As far as Carlisle is concerned,, sign up. Only 1 requirement tho,,,CLEAN HER UP. If not you will have to park with some of the other groups who hate on us. LOL!!!!! Everyone says, that they dont want to mod their cars, but hanging around us and seeing how good everyones' cars look modded,, the bug is gona bite you HARD!!!! Gonna be even worse b/c you're fighting it right now. Anyway,, come on out to the roundtable event on the 8th and have some ideas, suggestions, etc for things to possible do this season.
Old 02-26-08, 02:30 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

RolxuSC400....and Ultra Vip...and anyone else coming from NoVa is welcome to caravan up with me. I've been there before and hopefully the GPS won't get me lost!

RolxuSC400, I asked the EXACT same question about bringing an un-modded car before I went to my first meet (in fact, it was last year's Roundtable meet). As Trukn1 says, it's about the people...the cars are just something we have in common.

My car looks bone stock (until I fire up the Carputer!)

Last edited by Habious; 03-04-08 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Changed the word "carpool" to "caravan"...oops
Old 02-27-08, 06:30 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I am tentative, due to I am scheduled to work that day, at best I can do is my usual drive by meet and greet. Is there a spring meet at White Marsh this year?
Old 02-27-08, 06:44 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nate579
I am tentative, due to I am scheduled to work that day, at best I can do is my usual drive by meet and greet. Is there a spring meet at White Marsh this year?
No problem Nate, so long as you leave with your usual burnout .

Haven't heard anything yet about another Mega Meet.
Old 02-27-08, 07:33 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE
Senior Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I signed myself up thinking it was on a sunday! Damn it!

Hope you guys have fun

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 02-27-08 at 09:24 PM.
Old 02-28-08, 08:39 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trukn - I'm tryin to WALK AWAY from the light...LOL...you are so right tho. Happened on my 500e. I SWORE it would be stock...well after many forum discussions, car events, and "peer pressure" I have aftermarket rims, custom exhaust, custom radar detector box and other "things"...ok i admit it Im skeeerd of hangin wit u guys or maybe its my wallet thats skeeeerd! but in a good way.

The SC400 was detailed fully in Dec and has pretty much been a garage queen or is that king...hmmm... so if its not raining the car should be ready for Carlisle relatively easily.

Habious - sounds like a plan. I'll ping you end of next week to find a convenient location...Where in NoVa, approx are you?

Some ideas/thoughts for us to discuss on 3/8:

Helping the Club: local tracks, Old Dominion Speedway for sure, has "open track" days where you pay a small fee and can take the cars out on a track. You all may have already done this but its fun and lets you experience cars without worry bout 5 OH and other nuisances. Did it at VIR with the 500 and still have the grin on my face.

Helping Others: maybe we can help/volunteer, as a Club, for Xmas In April for Habitat for Humanity or some other community outreach program. Did this with my office one year and we fixed up an elderly lady's house with paint, landscaping, carpentry etc.

My .02...will be anxious to share more in person and hear peoples thoughts.
Old 02-28-08, 02:21 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I'm in Falls Church. Skyline area. Intersection of Rt. 7 (King/Broad St) and S. George Mason Dr. About a mile west of I-395.

There's a big shopping center with an Olive Garden and a big Giant store. Might be a good place to meet up; parking's a real pain in my building or I have folks just meet there.
Old 02-28-08, 03:05 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Really wish I could make it out but I'll be out of town with wifey from Thru-Sun.

-Smitty
Old 02-28-08, 03:52 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Trukn - I'm tryin to WALK AWAY from the light...LOL...you are so right tho. Happened on my 500e. I SWORE it would be stock...well after many forum discussions, car events, and "peer pressure" I have aftermarket rims, custom exhaust, custom radar detector box and other "things"...ok i admit it Im skeeerd of hangin wit u guys or maybe its my wallet thats skeeeerd! but in a good way.

The SC400 was detailed fully in Dec and has pretty much been a garage queen or is that king...hmmm... so if its not raining the car should be ready for Carlisle relatively easily.

Habious - sounds like a plan. I'll ping you end of next week to find a convenient location...Where in NoVa, approx are you?

Some ideas/thoughts for us to discuss on 3/8:

Helping the Club: local tracks, Old Dominion Speedway for sure, has "open track" days where you pay a small fee and can take the cars out on a track. You all may have already done this but its fun and lets you experience cars without worry bout 5 OH and other nuisances. Did it at VIR with the 500 and still have the grin on my face.

Helping Others: maybe we can help/volunteer, as a Club, for Xmas In April for Habitat for Humanity or some other community outreach program. Did this with my office one year and we fixed up an elderly lady's house with paint, landscaping, carpentry etc.

My .02...will be anxious to share more in person and hear peoples thoughts.
Looks like you have some really good ideas going. The idea beyond this meet is for people to get off the computer, meet and greet, and discuss ideas face to face. All ideas will be tabulated at the meet and posted in this thread after. Make a list of your ideas and bring them to the meet. We all appreciate your ideas and don't want to discourage you from posting your thoughts at all, but in keeping with the purpose of the meet lets reserve posting ideas until afterwards. Look forward to meeting you
Old 02-29-08, 11:10 PM
aznevoviii
Pole Position

1. BernieIS
2. Apex84
3. Trukn1 (maybe due to job restriction)
4. Habious
5. LilGz
6. Rare1
7. kwamdoo74
8. greenvy2l
9. amorphous (typical sc guy )
10. Ali SC3
11. Scarlet300
12. Orangecar
13. Ultra VIP (maybe)
14. RolxuSC400
15. Aznevoviii
Old 03-03-08, 11:20 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 439 Likes on 369 Posts

so did any of the VA guys get an official meeting spot to caravan it up there?
i see a few guys posting stuff but maybe we should consolidate.
falls church/skyline seems ok to me, I live in alexandria.

p.s. **I get lost very easily**
Old 03-03-08, 11:22 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
so did any of the VA guys get an official meeting spot to caravan it up there?
i see a few guys posting stuff but maybe we should consolidate.
falls church/skyline seems ok to me, I live in alexandria.

p.s. **I get lost very easily**
PM Habious.

Quick Reply: Roundtable Meet , MD,,,,March 8, 2008