NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Big Meet 3/14/2008 (fri next week) @ The Source Mall Westbury NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-08, 11:18 PM
bx lexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

me n gizbx4
Attached Thumbnails Big Meet 3/14/2008 (fri next week) @ The Source Mall Westbury NY-me-n-giz.jpg  
Old 03-14-08, 11:19 PM
bx lexus
Driver School Candidate

me.........
Attached Thumbnails Big Meet 3/14/2008 (fri next week) @ The Source Mall Westbury NY-me-3.14.08.jpg  
Old 03-14-08, 11:19 PM
Style B
Driver School Candidate

is that the lex that had red lettering goin back and forth on the back of the car? that was mad funny. i liked that
Old 03-14-08, 11:20 PM
fLEX-US
Rookie

What happened to all the Lexus peeps? When I was there at 10:30pm, I was the 3rd lexus there. Dont tell me its the rain and the cops, if the Nismo guys can duke it out, why cant we? Dont tell me its the rain, if the Z's can make it their with their wide body and 20's why cant a Lex make it? If a freakin Skyline can make it cuz of the little itty bitty rain why cant we? Seriously I have a dropped ,kitted out turbo sc with staggered rims and I was their.Man, my first Lexus meet and I was disappointed dude.
Old 03-14-08, 11:44 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fLEX-US
What happened to all the Lexus peeps? When I was there at 10:30pm, I was the 3rd lexus there. Dont tell me its the rain and the cops, if the Nismo guys can duke it out, why cant we? Dont tell me its the rain, if the Z's can make it their with their wide body and 20's why cant a Lex make it? If a freakin Skyline can make it cuz of the little itty bitty rain why cant we? Seriously I have a dropped ,kitted out turbo sc with staggered rims and I was their.Man, my first Lexus meet and I was disappointed dude.
it was around 10 members from here that went (some IS's SC, and GS). This meet mainly dealt with Nissans. im guessing neloc was asked to join, just to make the meet look better and bigger.
Old 03-15-08, 05:42 AM
SweetS160
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Yea alot of guys didn't show. I went but we got kicked out and ended up chillin by the cheese cake factory waitin to see if we saw others coming in. I saw about 6 is, 3 sc and 2 gs including mine
Old 03-15-08, 06:06 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by fLEX-US
Just because Lexus peeps were invited, doesnt always mean that Lexus peeps are gonna show up. Not trying to bash you or anything but alot of the members here are particular about which meets they are gonna attend. For the most part, we really want NOTHING to do with meets which are GUARANTEED to draw the attention of the police and whatnot. Meets involving NISMO guys, 350 Z's, Skyline's, etc. are almost GUARANTEED to draw attention to it, as alot of the owners pretty much just want to show off how fast their car is, or showdown for braggin rights. Not always the case, but for the most5 part, true. Also, this meet was in a public parking lot, ie. private property. Unfortunately, police intervention is almost ALWAYS guaranteed to be a factor. If you pay close attention to the threads, you will notice that most meets which are organized by us are in places of low interest (publically), are in a larger area such as a park and not on private property, and in the case with meeting up with other forums, are generally organized events in which we are not likely to get hassled. Yes, there have been meets posted which contradict what I have just said here; true. For the most part, we will use a parking lot, store area, etc for the purpose of meeting up with one another and then we will take it else where. Parking lot meets are fine, as long are you are not creating a specticle for yourself and you are not drawing unwanted attention. Also meeting on the OUTER edges of a lot are less likely to get your group hassled by Security and/or the cops; as you are not disturbing the flow of traffic, nor are you in anyone's way. Not to mention, he/she has to come out of the way to approach your group. Parking structures pretty much confine you to a closed environment, and will more than likely get the attention of security, who is making their rounds, and is right there in their route.
Old 03-15-08, 07:23 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StylnnBabi
is that the lex that had red lettering goin back and forth on the back of the car? that was mad funny. i liked that
you mean on the license plate? if so that was mine.
Old 03-15-08, 07:36 AM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

lol. i figured you guys would end up getting kicked out. 930 meet at source with mad cars? yeah, thats like the equation of getting into trouble. well it sounds like the meet wasn't all that bad. what time did the meet end at?
Old 03-15-08, 07:58 AM
ismik300
Driver School Candidate

I didn't left till 1am
Old 03-15-08, 08:10 AM
SweetS160
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I left at about 12:30 AM
Old 03-15-08, 08:38 AM
fLEX-US
Rookie

I left at 11pm after checking out all those hot Nismo cars and Infinity. All im saying is at least they showed interest in their cars and really like to meet members of the club their in. And after all that "trukn1" said, blah blah blah ,I feel like we gotta be secret agaents to meet up now, and call the governor to get permission to meet. . Listen I'm not crying aout it all the time, its just that everytime I say that this meet was weak "someone" has to debate with me. Listen ,it turned out weak and lets leave it at that, cuz its true. Lex people we need to show everyone why we love our cars and why its so nice, even in joined meets. Dont you rather show other car manufacters your hot ride then to the same peeps with the same cars?

Last edited by fLEX-US; 03-15-08 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-15-08, 09:04 AM
bx lexus
Driver School Candidate

next time it would be just an open lot.... most likely when the weather gets better there is one the 29th in farmingdale, that was a huge successes 2 times before this upcoming one.. you can youtube g35nyc and vids would come up

n that kid in the pics didnt have red lettering on it
Old 03-15-08, 09:07 AM
PR FIEBRU
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It did not help that the meet was so close to a police station. What were they thinking....
Old 03-15-08, 09:19 AM
bx lexus
Driver School Candidate

they where thinking indoor mall possible rain/ and warmer then standing out side.. other then that... i dkk

Quick Reply: Big Meet 3/14/2008 (fri next week) @ The Source Mall Westbury NY