NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Big Meet 3/14/2008 (fri next week) @ The Source Mall Westbury NY

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 10:12 AM
gizbx4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea i was invited to the meet by my boy vinny wit a g37 so i figured i would go.. the ride over there was pretty fun with about 30 g's crowding the highway and messin around lol... i wish there would have been more modded 2is, or any 2is for that matter since i didnt see any in the time i was there.... we def need a lexus meet in NY soon !!!!
Old 03-17-08, 10:30 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gizbx4
yea i was invited to the meet by my boy vinny wit a g37 so i figured i would go.. the ride over there was pretty fun with about 30 g's crowding the highway and messin around lol... i wish there would have been more modded 2is, or any 2is for that matter since i didnt see any in the time i was there.... we def need a lexus meet in NY soon !!!!
There was 3 or 4 of us there but we went to the other side of D&B's when cops started ticketing.
Old 03-17-08, 03:49 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Big Dennis lying down the law, lol. I feel you bro, I'm gonna create a thread on suggestions and comments that people have as to how to improve NELOC, please chime in D.
Old 03-18-08, 06:17 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Originally Posted by One HoT

NELOC on the other hand is another story and past history has proven this over and over again..Meets are disorganized, people hate eachother, and the cars range from average to embrassing...20'inch chrome wheels with no drop? C'mon guys, if you guys are going to come to a meet, come strong, come clean or don't come...

I'm not saying my car is anything close to a heavily modded or anything spectacular because it is not.. But the truth is, I rather see a bunch of stock cars that have no mods but are well-kept than a bunch of ghetto pieced together cars...People who know how to keep their cars in exceptional condition will always have my upmost respect and are true car enthusiasts...Whoever thinks "ballin on a budget" is cool is a complete joke...Do it right and do it once; be smart and don't cheap out..

Come hard or don't come at all...

Dennis, you know I didnt read past your first paragraph at first glance, but I'll quote the latter part of this post.

I was speaking to a few of the senior members of Neloc/CL the last time I could remember NELOC having a meet at Fortunoff Parking garage in Westbury early last year or maybe even fall 2006. We noticed the same thing.
Old 03-18-08, 10:19 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
^^Wow, just read this.
It is a bit difficult when people span over 4-500 miles. If we were all in one spot in a state it could be very different. One_Hot, why not try and get something together then? When Batmobile and I talked, we realized that most people prefer not to travel north to New England states just because of the drive... that could be a very large factor as well.

Don't know where I'm going with this - I see your points though
Joe; The problem is not as simple as traveling long distances, it has compounded and expanded...We've lost a lot of active members over the years who are still on the forums but refuse to come out...The list of people are endless..

Its hard to understand something you just don't see especially if its behind the scenes..You read their posts, you see their cars, and they seem like respectable guys..But once you get down and personal, you would be shocked of the things they do to eachother behind the scenes..Now, I'm not talking about the majority but just a few guys whom looked to exploit other members at their own disposal..

I might not be so much active on the forums but it doesn't mean I don't interact with other members who are very much involved..You wouldn't believe of the stories I've heard over the years..I've seen the respectable Northeast sector pass the torch to nothing more than a pack of petty thieves...

When it comes down to it, I think this new group lacks professionalism and the simple understanding of business ethics when compared to the now extinct Northeast sector..

I'm usually not this serious for those who know me, I'm more of a laid back kinda guy...Most of the time, I can really care less about what happens to people I barely know..But it is sad to see the respectable Lexus community turn into a what it is today...

I was speaking to a few of the senior members of Neloc/CL the last time I could remember NELOC having a meet at Fortunoff Parking garage in Westbury early last year or maybe even fall 2006. We noticed the same thing.
I'm sure for those who were here during the Northeast sector years, they would all agree that those were really good times...Where 30-50 car meets were the norm and we all enjoyed JUST cars...

Last edited by One HoT; 03-18-08 at 11:14 PM.