NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

MD Roundtable results,,,,3/8/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-08, 07:00 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default MD Roundtable results,,,,3/8/08

Hey guys,, I am extremely sorry for taking so long to post this. Unfortunately I have been swamped with work as well as dealing with some personal problems. Anyway, I want to take this opportunity again to thank everyone who participated in our roundtable event of the season. It was great to put face to name, see old faces/family once again and renew the purpose of why we are here.

Kwame- Glad you could make it out, and as always, nice to see ya.
Leroy- EH!!!! whatever!!!!! LOL!!! you know how we do. Another successful meet,, congrads sir!!!!
Ana - So the scarlet one finaly see the light of day. Good to see you ma'. Stay focused and keep your head up!!
Joe - Been too long bruh, and you still too quiet. I know you got something cooking with the LS, as usual. Great to see you.
Jeff- MANNNNN, I aint seen you in soooo long, I almost forgot what you looked like. Good to see you. Hope you were able to drum up a little side money with the advert.
Ryan(BernieIS)- thanks for your efforts and serving as the NELOC events recorder. Your efforts are always much apprecited.
Carlos and Tara (forgot the son's name) - Yall know you all ONE of my favorite couples (Craig and Kim unfortunately cannot be replaced). Thank you soo much for all of the hard work and dedication that you guys show to our locals whenin need of service, relaxation, or just some good home cooking.
Top and Anna - You know you guys are always a welcome sight at our meets. Is just like family whenever we get a chance to see one another. Great to see you.
Orangecar - I almost didn't recognize you, thank godness your voice is memorable!!! LOL!!! Glad you were able to make it out!!!
Greg(Habious)- As always, nice to see you again. Looking forward to Carlisle. I can see already that you are a NELOC junkie. LOL!!!!
02GGPIS- 4 hour drive from Charlottesville, Va.!!!! You just dont know how much that kind of dedication ans support means to us. Hopefully we are doing something right aned can continue to do so. I really enjoyed meeting you.
Pympdaddy- Nice to be able to put name to face. Thanks for coming out. Make yourself a regular. You will def enjoy it.
Rolexus - The pleasure was all mine. Always nice to make a new aquaintance. Hopefully this will be one of many meets for you. Thanks for coming.
Ali and Anna?? (sorry forgot names, will take me a few more times of seeing you to drill it in)- It was a pleasure to meet you guys. I hope that you as well as everyone felt welcomed and right at home with our little gathering. Looking forward to seeing you again.

For anyone that I did not name here, please forgive me. You guys know it was a 400 mile drive for me that morning to get there and I was pretty drained.

Anyways here are some of the ideas submitted from the roundtable meet. These were submitted by you guys in person as well as some other absentee members who were not able to attend in person but were there with us in spirit.

1. Wash and wax meets - get together and put some shine on the ride!!!
2. Fix it and fuhget it meet- You need it fixed, just wrench it and fuhget it!!
3. Amusement park meets - Sixc flags (MD), Kings Dominion, Hershey Park, etc.
4. Cookouts/BBQ's - Both on local as well on regional levels
5. Friends and Family days- bring em out and just chill
6. Day at the Beach - possible Ocean City trip, check out HIN as well,,chill. make a weekend of it.
7. Possible group rental of large dwelling/timeshare,, etc for a
Neloc Getaway.
8. Definite caravans to the NORTH (we owe them)- this was planned at last roundtable meet however with the lateness of the season when we held it, simply ran out of time. One of the must do items this year.
9. Neloc invasion of Greensburg, Pa (Pittsburgh area,, where Greed777 lives)- the first caravan was such an enormous success and Craig and Kims parents loved us soo much that they are just bursting at the seams to have us back. This is a 3.5 hr drive from MD,,5 hrs from NY but one that you will def be glad that you made. Variety of activity planned for this one (BBQ, boating on lake, etc.) As details are available, will be posted up.
10. Go-carts and/or paintball fun
11. Driving and/or Photography meets- there will be guidelines placed on these types of meets as they can have the potential to get out of hand
12. This is the most important suggestion of all,,,,,,
HAVE FUN!!!!!!!

***** Listing of events are in no particular order as this is just a listing of ideas, suggestions, comments which were brought up in group forum session. All dates, details, and times will be posted as particular events are posted arise and we shall assume no responsibility/liability for those individuals who choose not to participate or have fun.*********
LOL!!!!!

Last edited by trukn1; 03-12-08 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-12-08, 07:29 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

come visit me in virginia beach before I leave. lol jp
Old 03-12-08, 09:27 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You guys put together a great list of events! Can't wait until it warms up and these meets get going.
Old 03-12-08, 09:59 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

12 different ideas....and not a bad idea in the bunch!
Old 03-13-08, 02:09 AM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-13-08, 04:27 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Looking good for this year, and the first meet stemming from the Round Table meet is right around the corner.
Old 03-13-08, 06:39 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks you MD for bringing what NELOC is all about to the forefront. Hopefully NY will take heed and do the same.

All the ideas are great. I'll definitely try to make as many as I can.

Last edited by oohpapi44; 03-13-08 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-13-08, 03:01 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the support. My Lexus was built to be driven and when I have the time off work and the gas money I will come to every event possible.
Old 03-13-08, 09:31 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

werd up... i like the was ggpis3 thinks
Old 03-13-08, 10:08 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
Thanks you MD for bringing what NELOC is all about to the forefront. Hopefully NY will take heed and do the same.

All the ideas are great. I'll definitely try to make as many as I can.

Thank you Cliff for the compliments. This is our second attempt with this roundtable meet and I think it is going very well. It gives everyone an equal opportunity to give input into what they would, hopefully, like to see/get done during the course of the season. Most importantly, it gives everyone a variety of ideas/stuff to choose from. No one is expected to make every meet, however this just let's you know that there are alternatives to choose from. It encourages those members who want to contribute more to pretty much choose an idea, whether from the list or one of their own, and take ownership of it. With a little help in promotion, etc., anyone can pull off their own successful meet.

This roundtable idea has worked very well for the NELOC South crew. I would encourage all areas (NY, NJ, Pa, De, etc.) to choose 2 people to represent your areas (basically to serve as a central contact person/organizer and not a "leader") and commit to your own roundtables. A little organization amongst the areas, will also help make things a little easier when planning for regional events (hopefuly this happens soon). I want that old school, NELOC family feeling back; and lately it aint here. We all need to work together to bring the sector, as a whole, together once again and represent to the fullest. If any area needs ideas on how to setup roundtable, or needs assistance in doing so LEROY and MYSELF will be more than happy to assist you. Even if this means taking a roadtrip to jumpstart the process.
Old 03-14-08, 04:34 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trukn1
Thank you Cliff for the compliments. This is our second attempt with this roundtable meet and I think it is going very well. It gives everyone an equal opportunity to give input into what they would, hopefully, like to see/get done during the course of the season. Most importantly, it gives everyone a variety of ideas/stuff to choose from. No one is expected to make every meet, however this just let's you know that there are alternatives to choose from. It encourages those members who want to contribute more to pretty much choose an idea, whether from the list or one of their own, and take ownership of it. With a little help in promotion, etc., anyone can pull off their own successful meet.

This roundtable idea has worked very well for the NELOC South crew. I would encourage all areas (NY, NJ, Pa, De, etc.) to choose 2 people to represent your areas (basically to serve as a central contact person/organizer and not a "leader") and commit to your own roundtables. A little organization amongst the areas, will also help make things a little easier when planning for regional events (hopefuly this happens soon). I want that old school, NELOC family feeling back; and lately it aint here. We all need to work together to bring the sector, as a whole, together once again and represent to the fullest. If any area needs ideas on how to setup roundtable, or needs assistance in doing so LEROY and MYSELF will be more than happy to assist you. Even if this means taking a roadtrip to jumpstart the process.
Like always Tony, you said it best. With the large NELOC population in NY, I'm sure there are tons of ideas to be heard. You guys should def make an attempt to setup a Roundtable meet.
Old 03-14-08, 06:45 AM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Apex84
Like always Tony, you said it best. With the large NELOC population in NY, I'm sure there are tons of ideas to be heard. You guys should def make an attempt to setup a Roundtable meet.
There are discussions underway.
Old 03-14-08, 07:04 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Nice.
Old 03-14-08, 11:13 AM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

Great to see all of these ideas coming up. I am actually in the middle of working on a small MA meet for next weekend with some of the people from the Northeast forum. If anyone from the CT/NY area wants to check it out too that'd be great. I'm trying to get a bit more interest in the really north east section of NELOC a little at a time.

I have been talking to Batmobile a bit about a northern meet too (somewhere either in CT/MA/RI) but I've been wicked busy in my final semester of undergrad. Hopefully we can figure out something that everyone will enjoy and want to come visit the new england region.

I would also love to get a photography meet together. I know there are a few people from the area that have great gear (myself, smitty, sleeper97, etc.) and I've love to get some more tips and ideas from other people.

Overall this is a great start to the season, can't wait to see what else happens.
Old 03-15-08, 06:34 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Well dont just talk about it bruh,, be about it!!!! LOL!!! Seriously,let us know if we can be of any assistance in helping you guys organize.

Quick Reply: MD Roundtable results,,,,3/8/08