NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

So i definitely got in to an accident last night with my GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-08, 06:09 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sucks. by the looks of that damage. that girl's car must be done for.
Old 03-15-08, 06:21 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Damn man... sorry to hear about this... That car was super clean... Can't believe that bumper reinforcement tore right off.
Old 03-15-08, 06:29 PM
100plus
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

dam chris... that sucks. what the heck was that lady doing? glad to hear youre ok man.
Old 03-15-08, 06:51 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Good to hear that you're OK. Just make sure that the next car is still a Lex.
Old 03-15-08, 07:01 PM
Choas
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That suxs how bad was her car? A crumpled tin can? Your right tho it would never be right after that even if it got all new parts a rebent frame a good respray she still might dog track and you would almost never get the door gaps right.
Old 03-15-08, 07:03 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

WOW... At least your ok C, could've been worst. From the looks of it there is probably more damage than you think. Just let the I.A. do his job and for your sake that they consider it a total loss.
Old 03-15-08, 07:07 PM
BKGS3
Pole Position

damn chris...good thing that ur not hurt and all...but damn...hurts to see ur GS like that...damn was that girl drunk or something?!?!
Old 03-15-08, 07:44 PM
Joe C
Lexus Test Driver

yikes.... that really sucks.
Old 03-15-08, 08:22 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BKGS3
damn chris...good thing that ur not hurt and all...but damn...hurts to see ur GS like that...damn was that girl drunk or something?!?!
probably chatting away on the cell.
Old 03-15-08, 08:42 PM
B.Diddy
Lexotic Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year is your 430? with all that unibody rear damage and navi unit taking a hit that thing may be close to being totalled ???

Cost of bumper, lights, trunk, quarter panels, paint realinging all doors? other misc items ?
Old 03-15-08, 09:59 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

I just ran across this post. Sorry to hear and see your car banged up like that. It is good to hear that you're OK.....that is what really matters. I have a black GS as well and just looking at your car hurt me......Good luck with the replacement. The M45 (the older one) was my first choice before test driving my 430.
Old 03-15-08, 10:11 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

dammm i though ur TEXT said it wasnt bad... lolz... i just finished working on it the other day.. i guess i dont gotta worry about the broken clip on the skirt... lmaooo ill see you soon..
Old 03-15-08, 11:25 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks like a pretty bad crash, it definitely could've been worse...
Old 03-16-08, 01:17 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

trying not to go post crazy..... so here it goes....

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
blows big time, one of the cleanest "stock" looking Gs's in NY.
yeah man, thanks for the compliment. hopefully i'll come back harder.

Originally Posted by FIVEOHinNJ
Mine could be FS if you like, 2001 GS430, 67K blk/blk, Navi/ML, two sets of rims, about to be dropped on L-Tuned/Espelir's. Make offer if interested. My mom's 04 LS430 is itching to be in my driveway. Pics can be posted tomorrow.
not looking for a new gs yet, plus that has too many miles for me.

Originally Posted by eman88
DAMN...sorry to hear about this...totally sucks ***, it most def seems that alot of Lexus are getting into accidents now a days..glad your safe thats most important..although if it was me I still be crying
yeh too many careless people on the road, wut u expect.... and i trying drowning the sorrows in booze tonight

Originally Posted by Curry
Damn man... sorry to hear about this... That car was super clean... Can't believe that bumper reinforcement tore right off.
thanks, yeah shiznit is crazy right... not even from the bolts, like 1/4 inch steel ripped to shreds, not just on one side, but both sides (well 75% of the drivers side)

Originally Posted by Mr.Euro
probably chatting away on the cell.
Originally Posted by 100plus
dam chris... that sucks. what the heck was that lady doing? glad to hear youre ok man.
see quote above. technically she was legit because it was hands free, but still talking and driving is not brains free. bluetooth and driving does not mix for me either....

Originally Posted by Choas
That suxs how bad was her car? A crumpled tin can? Your right tho it would never be right after that even if it got all new parts a rebent frame a good respray she still might dog track and you would almost never get the door gaps right.
i wish her car was a tin can... she was driving an 07 rav4 and it took the hit pretty well. i dont even think she will need a new hood. i dont want a "straightened frame".... thats just problems down the road waiting to be had.

Originally Posted by GSoup
WOW... At least your ok C, could've been worst. From the looks of it there is probably more damage than you think. Just let the I.A. do his job and for your sake that they consider it a total loss.
yeah man. im heading over to the body shop for them to check out the car and telling them to push for a total loss as there may be many untold stories under its tough shell.

Originally Posted by BKGS3
thanks man.... if she was drunk, then she got what she deserved and i got the short end of the stick. but i dont think she was, just driving while stupid that's all...

Originally Posted by Mr Soarer
dammm i though ur TEXT said it wasnt bad... lolz... i just finished working on it the other day.. i guess i dont gotta worry about the broken clip on the skirt... lmaooo ill see you soon..
yo man, ur messed up hahahahaha.... way to cheer me up. u got me crackin up when i saw this post. haha...... thanks bro

Originally Posted by One HoT
Looks like a pretty bad crash, it definitely could've been worse...
that'll buff right out no? i heard you're nice with the touch up paint and wetsanding..... hmmmm

to the rest of you sending me their condolences and best wishes, it is appreciated.. thank you....
Old 03-16-08, 01:27 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

All you can do is have some drinks and move on. A car is a car. Dont ever let it make you or break you.

Although it doesnt look nearly as bad as i imagined, it should still have to go on the frame straightening machine and that right there is like 3-4g's in damage alone. Good Luck. I hope its a total loss so you can start fresh. If not, give my/your guy a call and he will work with u.

Quick Reply: So i definitely got in to an accident last night with my GS