NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

So i definitely got in to an accident last night with my GS

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-08, 08:41 AM
JAYGS4NYC
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Damn hard hit..

Only saw it once and it was nice too.. If u really wanted it totalled u shoulda took the rubber mallet to it.. haha
Old 03-20-08, 09:59 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

before dropping it off, the tints were removed so it wasnt riding out until the end... now what to do about these nassau county tint tickets (separate incident).. hmmmm
Old 03-23-08, 08:25 PM
kevs98GS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JAYGS4NYC
Only saw it once and it was nice too.. If u really wanted it totalled u shoulda took the rubber mallet to it.. haha
it already looks totaled to me! from being in the car business as my experience! gl! glad everyone was ok! cars a replaceable!
Old 03-24-08, 09:07 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by kevs98GS4
it already looks totaled to me! from being in the car business as my experience! gl! glad everyone was ok! cars a replaceable!
i think normally it would be cut and dry but mileage/condition/options have kep my 430 with a pretty high book value... well see how it goes in the next few days
Old 03-24-08, 07:53 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

well the adjuster told me that they will most likely be fixing the car which i think is utter bull****...
Old 03-24-08, 08:32 PM
Mr Soarer
Pole Position

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WTfcuk!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-08, 09:33 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

thats what im saying man... this is a mess now... i mean this *edit female edit* runs a red light and *edit really messes my car up bad edit* and i get the short end of the stick
Old 03-25-08, 05:33 AM
aliga
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
thats what im saying man... this is a mess now... i mean this *edit female edit* runs a red light and *edit really messes my car up bad edit* and i get the short end of the stick
as i mentioned earlier, i have the parts to fix the car, if you want to buy the parts used, you can put a good load of excess cash into your pockets
Old 03-25-08, 02:42 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

thanks aliga...

since i am working with a shop that deals directly with geico, i will not have the check placed in my hand. I now see that I should probably go thru it a different want now, but I don't really care at this point. Hopefully they will be able to let me to get some parts from you, save some cash, and in return, do some body work for me.

gazi/anyone... if you have any pointers in dealing with a situation like this, let me know
Old 03-25-08, 03:05 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

thanks aliga...

since i am working with a shop that deals directly with geico, i will not have the check placed in my hand. I now see that I should probably go thru it a different want now, but I don't really care at this point. Hopefully they will be able to let me to get some parts from you, save some cash, and in return, do some body work for me.

gazi/anyone... if you have any pointers in dealing with a situation like this, let me know
does not matter if they work with geico or not, you can get the car fixed whereever you choose to. you can also pocket the money and not fix it. IT IS YOUR MONEY. hope that helps.
Old 03-25-08, 03:15 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by aliga
does not matter if they work with geico or not, you can get the car fixed whereever you choose to. you can also pocket the money and not fix it. IT IS YOUR MONEY. hope that helps.
+1...

Chris you can order new oem parts or aftermarket parts or choose to use 2nd hand parts. It's your choice and your money.

Alot of people wind up getting full bodykits in situations like this. It's usually cheaper than buying oem bumpers,etc.
Old 03-25-08, 04:08 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

aside from that, I am not actually receving the check myself, it goes directly to the shop, so how do i decide where the money gets spent?
Old 03-25-08, 04:49 PM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

i guess you can make requests. i wouldn't know much because each time a BMW like mine gets hit, its almost a automatic total since the car is so old and worth so little. well good luck on the repair, hopefully it becomes something we can all envy on a day to day basis.
Old 03-25-08, 05:27 PM
aliga
Former Sponsor

aside from that, I am not actually receving the check myself, it goes directly to the shop, so how do i decide where the money gets spent?
call Geico and tell them to send the check to you, tell them you want to shop around and get your car repaired by the best possible shop, its your money
Old 03-25-08, 05:47 PM
cliffud
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by aliga
call Geico and tell them to send the check to you, tell them you want to shop around and get your car repaired by the best possible shop, its your money
agreed- this is good advice.

Quick Reply: So i definitely got in to an accident last night with my GS