How Can NELOC Improve?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-08, 04:12 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default How Can NELOC Improve?

Hey everyone, to those that don't know me (newermembers) I'm Stefan from
D2 and also a person that has been a part of Club lexus for a long time. I noticed based on alot of threads that I've been seeing that NELOC is rapidly growing and thats great. Clublexus has always had that Family like feel, and when we had events, you could really feel just how close this group of lexus fanatics were. New members would join the community and were welcomed by the older members and basicly encouraged to make posts, come to meets, ect...

Now that there is a influx of new membership, they don't know the importance of organization where there is set people who do certain things. There is no reason that there should be 3 diff meets going on in the same weekend, posted by 3 different people. Not only that but, they aren't planned well and as a result no one follows a leader. I think the moderators should delegate a few members (new or old) to setup meets and anyone that has a meet idea, send them a PM. This way everyone will be on the same page and as a result, there will be great turnouts.

Also lets all respect each others cars, yes your car is the best thing in the world TO YOU, lets not be cocky about it. Lets get to know new members that sign on and new members there is a certain level of respect you need to have for those thats been here for a while.

What do you all think?
Old 03-17-08, 04:20 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Who are you again? haha j/k

I agree with stef... Need just a bit more organization. Like someone else mentioned in another thread... WE need to plan our own meets... Why are we tagging along at other meets? There are plenty of neloc members.

A well planned meet will allow us all to hang out, get to know each other and just chill.

The ross docks meet last year was the first big organized meet i went to and I think thats how ALL the meets should be... Planned properly and not involving 50 other forums/car clubs.
Old 03-17-08, 04:24 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a roundtable meet coming up in the very near future. Instead of making this a thread which of course is going to turn into a debate, I would ask that everyone who wants to voice an opinion to PLEASE write it down and hold it in until then.

The meet details will be available soon.
Old 03-17-08, 04:38 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
There is a roundtable meet coming up in the very near future. Instead of making this a thread which of course is going to turn into a debate, I would ask that everyone who wants to voice an opinion to PLEASE write it down and hold it in until then.

The meet details will be available soon.
I would agree but unless this meet is happening next week, then it needs to be discussed right away. Other wise the round table will be too late
Old 03-17-08, 04:56 PM
DASHOCKER
Lexus Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
Hey everyone, to those that don't know me (newermembers) I'm Stefan from
D2 and also a person that has been a part of Club lexus for a long time. I noticed based on alot of threads that I've been seeing that NELOC is rapidly growing and thats great. Clublexus has always had that Family like feel, and when we had events, you could really feel just how close this group of lexus fanatics were. New members would join the community and were welcomed by the older members and basicly encouraged to make posts, come to meets, ect...

Now that there is a influx of new membership, they don't know the importance of organization where there is set people who do certain things. There is no reason that there should be 3 diff meets going on in the same weekend, posted by 3 different people. Not only that but, they aren't planned well and as a result no one follows a leader. I think the moderators should delegate a few members (new or old) to setup meets and anyone that has a meet idea, send them a PM. This way everyone will be on the same page and as a result, there will be great turnouts.

Also lets all respect each others cars, yes your car is the best thing in the world TO YOU, lets not be cocky about it. Lets get to know new members that sign on and new members there is a certain level of respect you need to have for those thats been here for a while.

What do you all think?
Stef I hear what you are saying and understand it fully. Being here as long as I've been (just 4 years) there was a time where we would have meets rain, sleet or snow, in the scorching heat & bitter cold with no qualms. Help one another with maintainence on our cars, bbq's, driving events, track meets (north east forum days), the drives (remember Tobay?), HIN, specialty shop meets, and so forth.. So much fun and everyone, I mean everyone got along new and old members. Hopefully, folks will ponder on these threads below that echo your very concern along with others. Read these threads and talk amoung one another to rectify.. I hope all improves.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ughts+on+neloc

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ughts+on+neloc
Old 03-17-08, 04:57 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hey Stef,

I've been well aware of a lot of things going on and I agree 100% with what you and several other veteran members have been saying. I've been contemplating and working on several things behind the scenes that will hopefully help get that NELOC spirit and vibe going once again. The thing is that for this to work it's not just up to me, it has to be a joined effort by all those who want to be involved. All I can do is suggest things and hope that other individuals can step up, help execute and contribute to making things happen.

So many individuals have PM'd me with the same sentiments that others are feeling as well as what I feel. NELOC in NYC at one point was like an extended family and it has slowly lost that special thing that it once had. I believe its still there, we just need to refocus and regroup. It may involve a lot or maybe minor changes for it to happen which includes all of us to come back to the table with an open mind and leave certain animosity at the door. We've had our share of ups and downs, bad times and good times but we focus on the negativity of either certain events or certain individuals. Which we don't need to address at this moment. What I do know is that for us to move forward, we will either have to address it and look for solutions to resolve it or we must look past it and let it go.

I guess I'll announce it here and follow up with it very soon. There will be an official NYC Round table meet. The time and date, I've been tossing around for a minute but it will happen very very soon. Hopefully the OG"s and the new can come sit down, meet, discuss and come up with a rough agenda of what it is that we want to accomplish for the rest of this year, here in the NYC area. That way we're all on the same page. Anyone can attend and it will be an open platform for those that feel that they need to voice their opinions and/or give suggestions, ideas or whatever it is that they feel like contributing.

For those new members that may not know about our past meets, BBQ's and so many other things that we have done in the past I suggest that you use the search function. You will find alot of interesting and enjoyable threads that you may find will give you a sense of what we're talking about, this thing called NELOC.

C-lo
Old 03-17-08, 05:00 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stefwilli
I would agree but unless this meet is happening next week, then it needs to be discussed right away. Other wise the round table will be too late
I'm not saying you're wrong but what you're trying to accomplish CANNOT be done through a thread. Whether or not the meet happens next week is pretty much irrelevant because if this thread continues, it will not just be a bunch of 'good' ideas where we can take a step forward from. There will be somewho who chimes in on your first post alone to 'debate' your idea of having to have to go to someone else and organize a meet. Then someone else will come in to try to explain to that person what you meant. And so on and so on to where inevitably the thread will be shut down.

I understand what you're trying to do and that is to school some of these new members on why we are different from the Civics and 350z who feel a need to stand in a parking lot every Friday night just for the hell of it. But you're not going to get that information across via a thread. So in essence, it's redudant to put out NELOC type suggestions to people who don't really have an understanding of what NELOC is. If you want people to really understand what NELOC is about, they need to feel it, not read it.

Why is why I'm asking for your patience along with everyone else who's wants to voice an opinion. If you've got a house or the knowledge to try and put together a Roundtable within a week, then by all means take the reigns and do so. But there are some of us who feel the same way you are and WE ARE WORKING to try and put this together. Why you feel it has to be done within a week is hard to understand but like I said, trying to see who's coming, parking, weather, etc, does take some planning.

I don't know what 'too late' means in your post but if I'm making an assumption, it's going to be that you are fed up with the recent direction of NELOC, I totally understand as I'm in the process of debating to remove my stickers from my car as well. But I've also said to myself that I've been here since day one and I know some of the great times I've had here and because of that, I'm putting effort into trying to get things back on track before I do that.

So once again, I'm asking for patience.
Old 03-17-08, 05:32 PM
Stefwilli
Wheel Vendor

I totally agree, lets do it, its just a matter of place and time. Im IN.

Suggestion of location:

1) Hotel Meeting rooms, we all chip in to cover the bill. Shouldn't be much if its alot of us

People Attending Round Table Meet:

1) Stefwilli

Originally Posted by oohpapi44
If you've got a house or the knowledge to try and put together a Roundtable within a week, then by all means take the reigns and do so. .
Old 03-17-08, 05:34 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Next weekend is Easter Weekend so tentatively we are looking at the 30th as the date.
Old 03-17-08, 05:37 PM
Curry
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm definitely in pending date and time.
Old 03-17-08, 05:38 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its all good..I'm here for the long run...I know how it is to up one min and down the next..In time things will get better, it has to because I'm not the only one here that cares..NELOC for the new Millennium and beyond
Old 03-17-08, 05:39 PM
eman88
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

totally agree, lets do it, its just a matter of place and time. Im IN.

Suggestion of location:

1) Hotel Meeting rooms, we all chip in to cover the bill. Shouldn't be much if its alot of us

1) Stefwilli
2) Eman88
Old 03-17-08, 05:50 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

is this for all members or for OGs only? if for all members, ill b in same predicament as Curry, need time and date.
Old 03-17-08, 06:36 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by eman88
totally agree, lets do it, its just a matter of place and time. Im IN.

Suggestion of location:

1) Stefwilli
2) Eman88
3) Trukn1 (DEPENDING ON DATE, NEED TO ARRANGE SCHEDULE,,saturdays preferred)
Joe, this is a roundtable and ALL are welcome to attend. This is not OG's only.

Last edited by trukn1; 03-17-08 at 06:54 PM.
Old 03-17-08, 06:43 PM
nysupraman
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

its good to hear from the OG's again....i miss the old days

Quick Reply: How Can NELOC Improve?