NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

WRENCH TIME APRIL 12th! DC MD VA Logistics

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-08 | 10:39 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic
CL Folding 10,000

Looks like you guys/gals had a really good meet. Good to see everyone helping each other out
Old 04-14-08 | 10:42 AM
KevinGS
Pole Position

Damn, what an awesome meet! How can there ever be any doubt as to what NELOC is all about?
Old 04-14-08 | 11:27 AM
p1nk50ck
Driver School Candidate

wow, what an awesome meet. i haven't logged onto this site in over a year, so i don't know too many of the members on here.

Thanks mark for hosting such a great meet. you have a beautiful place, and i think everyone was grateful for your generous hospitality and kindness. i think we all behaved well, but it was quite a good turnout, i hope we didn't upset any of your neighbors.

i had a great time meeting everyone, and i hope to meet up with you all again soon. hopefully this time with the IS, and not with the v-tec 4x4 :P
Old 04-14-08 | 11:30 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 100000

For any of those who were there late wondering why my car was sitting higher on the passenger side when we were done, i think i figured it out finally.
All the threads on the SC forums point to the rear sway bar end links being "re-installed" incorrectly, but we put mine back in just right. (double checked)

The problem is that when I reinstalled and tightened the upper control arm bolts on the front, I did it in the air (on jackstands) and by chance I got the driver side right, but the passenger side was slightly too low when i torqued it down. Apparently, the final tightening is supossed to be done with the wheels on the ground so the Control arms are not Pre-loaded, and sit where they need to in relation to the spring rate. Right now there is alot of uneeded stress on my control arm bushings.

Took me 2 whole days to figure it out and im gonna fix it tonight. just have to lift, loosen the bolts, drop it, and torque it down. wish me luck!!
Old 04-14-08 | 11:38 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by p1nk50ck
wow, what an awesome meet. i haven't logged onto this site in over a year, so i don't know too many of the members on here.

Thanks mark for hosting such a great meet. you have a beautiful place, and i think everyone was grateful for your generous hospitality and kindness. i think we all behaved well, but it was quite a good turnout, i hope we didn't upset any of your neighbors.

i had a great time meeting everyone, and i hope to meet up with you all again soon. hopefully this time with the IS, and not with the v-tec 4x4 :P
Nice meeting you again. Can't wait for those old TL pics of yours. Hope to see you make it out again.

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
For any of those who were there late wondering why my car was sitting higher on the passenger side when we were done, i think i figured it out finally.
All the threads on the SC forums point to the rear sway bar end links being "re-installed" incorrectly, but we put mine back in just right. (double checked)

The problem is that when I reinstalled and tightened the upper control arm bolts on the front, I did it in the air (on jackstands) and by chance I got the driver side right, but the passenger side was slightly too low when i torqued it down. Apparently, the final tightening is supossed to be done with the wheels on the ground so the Control arms are not Pre-loaded, and sit where they need to in relation to the spring rate. Right now there is alot of uneeded stress on my control arm bushings.

Took me 2 whole days to figure it out and im gonna fix it tonight. just have to lift, loosen the bolts, drop it, and torque it down. wish me luck!!
I hope it works out for you Ali. Post pics once you have all to together.
Old 04-14-08 | 11:47 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Originally Posted by p1nk50ck

Your welcome and I appreciate everyones patience dealing with my security system.

The neighbors havent said a thing other than they were disappointed no one offered them rides

Hope you show up for some more meets.

364 days til WRENCH FEST 2009
Old 04-14-08 | 01:36 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by Ali SC3

aha... i see. That washer on the driver side arm was not fun to install at all.... lol @ "do you think its really necessary?".
Old 04-14-08 | 03:09 PM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

once again thanks for all the help on the SAFC II

Works like a charm!!!!!
Old 04-14-08 | 03:11 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt
once again thanks for all the help on the SAFC II

Works like a charm!!!!!
Cool T, did you get it tuned already?
Old 04-14-08 | 04:05 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Ali_SC3 and I mini-caravan'd back to Falls Church/Alexandria. While we were on the toll road (267), we came up on a yellow Ford GT. I was really hoping that he'd want to "play" a little but, he was getting off at the next exit.

I think Ali and I could have at least given him a little run for his money...within the speed limit, of course.
Old 04-14-08 | 04:43 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks again to Mark for having such a great event. First sorry my car was so dirty, but I had to work in the morning and then drove up to the meet. Thanks all for helping me, especially Mark, Muhummad, Ali and Chance, I am not the best at doing work on my car, I really have not had anyone show me, but I am slowly learning. Oh, yeah if you call me the "other" Ryan that is fine.
Old 04-14-08 | 06:37 PM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

naw not tuned yet. not until i get the full exhaust and my intake
Old 04-14-08 | 06:58 PM
Greddy44
Driver School Candidate

Mark thanks for hosting..def worth the drive out
Glad I could make it out to meet everyone
Old 04-14-08 | 07:24 PM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

Roluxus: what color paint did u use on those emblems
Old 04-14-08 | 09:02 PM
bmakkanic
Driver School Candidate

First post!

Just want to say...thanks to Mark for being a hospitable host. I was rather on the shy side that day and was wowed by the turn-out. It was nice meeting most of you. I'll remember you all by face if I see you again. I'm horrible with names. haha

Everyone's cars were so clean; I feel embarrassed.

Also, another thank you to Ana and Adam for leading me through the toll roads and waiting for my ***. Correct me if those aren't your names!

I should've brought my SAFCII to get it installed! Damn it! haha

I hope to come out to another meet.

I got some shots from the meet up until I left. They're pretty much random... (More on pg. 16)

Last edited by bmakkanic; 04-14-08 at 09:10 PM.

Quick Reply: WRENCH TIME APRIL 12th! DC MD VA Logistics