NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

WRENCH TIME APRIL 12th! DC MD VA Logistics

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-08, 12:13 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Not a problem....Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure that it was something like that and not that I got missed.

I think it's gonna be a pretty fun time with all the folks who are looking at coming! Your neighbors are gonna love you (us)!

They don't mind burnouts? Right?
Old 03-28-08, 01:04 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
Not a problem....Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure that it was something like that and not that I got missed.

I think it's gonna be a pretty fun time with all the folks who are looking at coming! Your neighbors are gonna love you (us)!

They don't mind burnouts? Right?
Burnouts are fine as long as you got the coin to cover the ticket that Loudoun County Sheriff issues you. Just a note...There is an ATF agent and FBI agent and a NSA agent and a Secret Service agent on my street and on the neighboring street and they have no problem letting everyone know it.

BTW...I would like to caution folks on their speed in the neighborhood. The county sheriff is ALWAYS patrolling the area...and NO its not cuz of me.

Apex84 - given your kit you might have an issue getting up the apron on the driveway.
Old 03-28-08, 02:22 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
Apex84 - given your kit you might have an issue getting up the apron on the driveway.
Thats why I'm parking on the street
Old 03-28-08, 03:23 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ali SC3
how did you come up with 15K? Im gonna turbo my SC for less than 5K with new parts that will be professionally installed. IS300 has the same motor.

High flow cat can be bought anywhere online, should be around 50-70 bucks.
check out the magnaflow, they have some nice ones. With the increased air you are flowing you will be flowing more air than your stock cat can handle, meaning it may fail prematurely and definately cause air turbulance along the way. make sure to match it to the size of the exhaust and header piping.
Originally Posted by Apex84
5K is about right for a NA-T swap. But if you were to properly build up the motor and include all the parts and labor 15K is the low end. Look over on My.IS and see what the turbo spend. It all adds up.

It's not cheap. $10k for ~400rwhp is getting off easy. That's for the kit and the install.

~300rwhp kit: $5500-10k+ installed
~400rwhp kit: $8.5k-12k+ installed

Then add in(without install - with install):

*Tranny: $1k-10k+ (hope yo have a LSD! ! ! ?)
*Gauges: $200-1500+
*Brakes: $2k-5k+
**Springs/Coilovers: $500-2k+
**Wheels - $1k-$5k+
**Bottom End: $1k-5k+

* is have to have in my opinion.
** is should have but not necessary depending application

I don't think you could do a ~400rwhp kit for $10k. Maybe one of the ~300rwhp kits, but even then I would encourage things that make the car safer before faster.

I would expect to spend an additional $3-5k on all of the other parts required to build a safe car for ~300rwhp levels. I would expect to spend $5-7k for a ~400rwhp application and who knows for more than that. Didn't PP(700rwhp+) have near $40k into his car (not including the car)?

For $10-15k you can build a fast car and keep it safe and reliable
For $15-20k+ you can build one hell of a fast car and keep it reasonably safe and reliable.
For $20k+ you can build whatever you want, at whatever power/reliability you want, but $30k could easily be spent on shooting for 700+rwhp. Safety becomes a lot more expensive as well, with cages and shields, etc.

You are both correct but there are some distinct differences between the SC and the IS and that is why the IS is more of a challenge than the SC
Old 03-28-08, 09:58 PM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thats why I'm parking on the street
I'd like to see you try to get in the driveway.---HEY SOMEONE BRING A VIDEO CAMERA. LOL

Littlegz will be out of town but I'll be there, later rather than sooner. LOL

Last edited by Rare1; 03-28-08 at 10:10 PM.
Old 03-29-08, 06:15 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rare1
I'd like to see you try to get in the driveway.---HEY SOMEONE BRING A VIDEO CAMERA. LOL
hahaha
Old 03-29-08, 08:19 AM
mr2tosc4
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
Burnouts are fine as long as you got the coin to cover the ticket that Loudoun County Sheriff issues you. Just a note...There is an ATF agent and FBI agent and a NSA agent and a Secret Service agent on my street and on the neighboring street and they have no problem letting everyone know it.

BTW...I would like to caution folks on their speed in the neighborhood. The county sheriff is ALWAYS patrolling the area...and NO its not cuz of me.

wow, how bout Immigration Agents cause im an illegal alien?
Old 03-29-08, 10:33 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

5K is about right for a NA-T swap. But if you were to properly build up the motor and include all the parts and labor 15K is the low end. Look over on My.IS and see what the turbo spend. It all adds up.

It's not cheap. $10k for ~400rwhp is getting off easy. That's for the kit and the install.

~300rwhp kit: $5500-10k+ installed
~400rwhp kit: $8.5k-12k+ installed

Then add in(without install - with install):

*Tranny: $1k-10k+ (hope yo have a LSD! ! ! ?)
*Gauges: $200-1500+
*Brakes: $2k-5k+
**Springs/Coilovers: $500-2k+
**Wheels - $1k-$5k+
**Bottom End: $1k-5k+

* is have to have in my opinion.
** is should have but not necessary depending application

I don't think you could do a ~400rwhp kit for $10k. Maybe one of the ~300rwhp kits, but even then I would encourage things that make the car safer before faster.

I would expect to spend an additional $3-5k on all of the other parts required to build a safe car for ~300rwhp levels. I would expect to spend $5-7k for a ~400rwhp application and who knows for more than that. Didn't PP(700rwhp+) have near $40k into his car (not including the car)?

For $10-15k you can build a fast car and keep it safe and reliable
For $15-20k+ you can build one hell of a fast car and keep it reasonably safe and reliable.
For $20k+ you can build whatever you want, at whatever power/reliability you want, but $30k could easily be spent on shooting for 700+rwhp. Safety becomes a lot more expensive as well, with cages and shields, etc.

I really consider the * and ** things separate as you should do most of them anyways. you are right about them making the car safer.
I was just talking about getting the turbo on the car properly.
Vlsd and wheels/suspension are a must, the rest I could manage without.
Old 03-29-08, 10:48 AM
SOHKis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rare1
i'll bring my camera that takes vids
Old 03-30-08, 05:02 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

email sent
Old 03-30-08, 08:28 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

One of these days I'm going to realize that my weird-a$$ sense of humor just doesn't translate when I post.

I don't do burnouts (VSC stops me). I COULD turn the VSC off and the car WILL do burnouts (this theory has been tested)...however, I also know what a new set of low-profile tires cost for this damn thing!

I'm a very conscientious driver.

Anyways, the burnout comment t'was a joke.
Old 03-31-08, 08:17 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Habious
One of these days I'm going to realize that my weird-a$$ sense of humor just doesn't translate when I post.

I don't do burnouts (VSC stops me). I COULD turn the VSC off and the car WILL do burnouts (this theory has been tested)...however, I also know what a new set of low-profile tires cost for this damn thing!

I'm a very conscientious driver.

Anyways, the burnout comment t'was a joke.
LOL...Actually I was hoping it wasnt

I was hoping to throw some noise back at my neighbors for having to listen to their kids squealing for 10 years, figured a little tire squeal was justified
Old 03-31-08, 08:35 AM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

email sent!!!
Old 03-31-08, 12:42 PM
pmpdaddyt
Lexus Test Driver

does anyone know how to hardwire a safc?
Old 03-31-08, 12:58 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pmpdaddyt
does anyone know how to hardwire a safc?
Do you have wiring diagram for the car and the SAFC? If so then that is all you need to get it done.

Quick Reply: WRENCH TIME APRIL 12th! DC MD VA Logistics