NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Tri-state area PA/N. DE/S. NJ Caravan to carisle

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-08, 08:59 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by howiedoit
How's meeting at the TGIF parking lot off of City Ave/76 fwy at 6am on Saturday? I'll have the ValentineOne ready
it gets really hectic in that area especially in the morning and as low as i am... i would never be able to make it up or down that hill LOL. that probably will be a bit much since you'll have to weave through traffic on 76 going towards king of prussia after meeting up.

i would recommend maybe the plymouth meeting mall since the turnpike is right there. iono just a suggestion. i'll probably already be in carlisle

Originally Posted by FranchiseB
Im looking to drive up saterday morning. to clear up the arrangement: what time are you guys meeting up and where??? im comming from s.de
well for you sir there are two routes coming from DE.

option 1 you take 95N to 495N then back on to 95N straight up until 476 west going towards plymouth meeting mall

option 2 you take the NJ turnpike exit on to the PA turnpike which is exit 6 or 7 then take the PA turnpike down to 333 norristown exit and wait on the shoulder for these guys.

if you guys were to meet at the plymouth meeting mall....the ride from plymouth meeting to carlisle guys is estimated 2hrs without traffic.
please PM each other with numbers and plan accordingly. Don't be the guy that's late. If you know you might hit traffic leave alittle early.

please let me know where you guys agree on meeting up... so i could post in the original post
Old 05-06-08, 10:37 PM
FranchiseB
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those meeting places seems to be way too far out of the way. Hmm... ill have to think about this, are there any other options? i dont really know who is riding or where theyre comming from.

Is there anyone heading up from southern DE or MD eastern shore?
Old 05-07-08, 05:24 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

you guys can decide on a meeting place and time. i'm down for whatever. the next few days are gonna be super busy for me so i'll give phillygs3 a call on friday to figure everything out.
Old 05-07-08, 01:33 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

lets do ameet up with u guys and the guys from nyc where and when in pa shuld we meet up the 2 caravans
Old 05-07-08, 03:44 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
lets do ameet up with u guys and the guys from nyc where and when in pa shuld we meet up the 2 caravans
That'd be cool, but I don't think our paths will cross until right outside of Carlisle.
Attached Thumbnails Tri-state area PA/N. DE/S. NJ Caravan to carisle-map.jpg  

Last edited by howiedoit; 05-07-08 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-07-08, 10:51 PM
FranchiseB
Rookie

ill be spending the night in Newark, DE... right now if thats the path you guys are taking out of philly ill try to hop on when you get around rt202 or rt30.
maybe theres a rest stop off the road somewhere to meetup in the am. Whats the timing looking like??
Old 05-08-08, 05:10 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Sure, we can meet up somewhere. I don't know what the best routes are and where there are convenient spots to meet up, so maybe someone else can chime in.
Old 05-08-08, 05:24 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

ill be spending the night in Newark, DE... right now if thats the path you guys are taking out of philly ill try to hop on when you get around rt202 or rt30.
maybe theres a rest stop off the road somewhere to meetup in the am. Whats the timing looking like??
Originally Posted by howiedoit
Sure, we can meet up somewhere. I don't know what the best routes are and where there are convenient spots to meet up, so maybe someone else can chime in.
Make sure you guys exchange numbers.
Old 05-08-08, 05:54 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

route 202 and 30... i don't think the guys from philly will be going down that way. that will take them southeast and they just wanna go west.

i'm pretty sure the routes i explained earlier is the fastest and will be most convenient for both parties.

franchise if your going to take 95....instead of following 95 all the way there's a split that will give you the option of going 495. taking 495 is the same except its a 3 lane highway with less police. although it won't give you an option to go on 202 but once it gets back on 95. 10 minutes later there's 476w for you which if you take towards plymouth meeting you'll run right into the PA turnpike. taking 202 could actually be longer due to traffic and traffic lights. i use to take that route ALOT
Old 05-08-08, 01:51 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Just spoke to a buddy opf mine with the PS State police. Please make sure that you guys are VERY MINDFUL of your speed. They pretty much know that there is the big event at Carlisle and all but told me that ANYONE going 5 or more over the limit WILL BE PULLED. and then the real "FUN begins".

Do'nt give them an excuse to yank you. Be safe Guys!!!
Old 05-08-08, 02:29 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Batmobile
route 202 and 30... i don't think the guys from philly will be going down that way. that will take them southeast and they just wanna go west.

i'm pretty sure the routes i explained earlier is the fastest and will be most convenient for both parties.

franchise if your going to take 95....instead of following 95 all the way there's a split that will give you the option of going 495. taking 495 is the same except its a 3 lane highway with less police. although it won't give you an option to go on 202 but once it gets back on 95. 10 minutes later there's 476w for you which if you take towards plymouth meeting you'll run right into the PA turnpike. taking 202 could actually be longer due to traffic and traffic lights. i use to take that route ALOT
FranchiseB, believe me, Batmobile is absolutely right. I live in Newark and had to drive to Pottstown, PA 3X's last month. The route I took that Batmobile gives is similiar to what I took to get to Pottstown. The first time I decided to use 202 and it's just too much cars and many lights especially in Delaware and leading into the DE/PA border. Enjoy!
Old 05-09-08, 10:13 AM
FranchiseB
Rookie

good looks guys. It sounds like 495n to 476w will be the best. i thnk ill try to do that and hop on the caravan at that point. i was a little suspect about those local roads...
if someone has an idea for a good meeting place off 476 or w/e, we can gather up over there.
and we should def exchange phone numbers. someone can pm me for it
Old 05-09-08, 07:12 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

So the final word is...phillygs3 and I are meeting at the Plymouth Meeting Mall at 6am.
Old 05-10-08, 05:40 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Default Offical Carlisle Aftermath Pics & Comments Thread

here's a picture from today. bobby, send me your email and i'll get you the rest of the pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Tri-state area PA/N. DE/S. NJ Caravan to carisle-carlisle-018-large-.jpg  
Old 05-11-08, 10:05 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Howie,, gonna move the very last pic to the carlisle agtermath since it was enroute and close this thread since caravan is now over.