NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Offical Carlisle '08 Aftermath Pics & Comments Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-08, 07:33 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok,, where to start,, where to start. First lets start with OMG, despite being under the weather and alot tired, I had sooo much fun. I really looked forward to seeing peeps that I don't get to see that often as well as meeting new ones. I want to thank all of you guys from NELOC, MYIS.NET, ISFANATICS, HIGH SOCIETY VIP, as well as TRI-STATE VIP for showing some love and joining us at this event. The OFFICIAL CAR TALLY was 59 cars between all of the organizations. There was 62 listed as being registered on the signup thread, however, there were some late registrations as well as some people hadnt sent me their reg. info so the count was a little off. As stated the OFFICIAL TALLY OF VEHICLES IN ATTENDANCE between all of the above mentioned groups was 59 cars. This was also inspite of the weather, as well as 10-15 others who either cancelled at the last minute, or something came up. Good job everyone!!!!!!
Highlights of the show were..

1. The NELOC group rolling in as one HUGE unit, 45 cars deep at 10 in the morning. We even had the local PD stop traffic for us so that we could all be kept together and make the light in order to transition from the registration bldg to the pavillion area.

2. SIMULTANEOUS group parking orchestrated and planned, and brilliantly carried out, on both sides of the building; AT THE SAME TIME!!!! Believe it or not, we managed to get all 45 cars which rolled in together , on time, parked and at the beginning stages of "wipedown" in about 15-20 minutes. Great job everyone!!!!

3. The Batmobile!!! Staging Jimmy at the end of the pavillion and parking his car sideways, primarily for easy access so he could get out and get judged was a winner. His car was one of the true "superstars" of the show. Photographers just could not get enough of it. People was drooling over it. Most people who were exposed to it, not only admired it, but left and brought friends back to take it in as well. Jimmy, congrads on your first place win for VIP category. You truly deserve it!!!!!

4. Last, but by no means least, the
NEW....OFFICIAL.....DOCUMENTED AND VIDEOTAPED.......KING OF
THE BURNOUTS......OUR VERY OWN CLIFF!!!!!!

I thought he was crazy when he pm'ed me and asked me to see if I could get him signed up for the burnout contest. My thinking was,, um yea,, ok. Hopefully he does know that the crowd there gets rowdy and they EXPECT to not only hear exhaust, but the need to hear the tires blow as well. Oh well, if anything, Cliff will amaze them on SHOCK VALUE alone; and he did not fail to deliver. When Cliff rolled into the staging area, a hush fell over the crowd. Most could not believe that he was even there, let alone in a LEXUS trying to do a burnout. Cliff lit em up and smoked em out, and the crowd went nuts. Some of the crowd reactions were..

a. "OMG,, that is such a nice car. Is this Carlisle's idea of a joke?"

b. Because a few of us were in the crowds with our NELOC
shirts on, we were asked, "Is he really
gonna this??",, "Um, is that like an IS or something?? Looks too
big to be an IS."

c. " Yo, that big a** car aint gonna do nothin. It's a Lex for
God's sake!! Them things aint capable of pulling
off nothing like that."

IMO, Cliff did very well but some of the crowd was not feelin his pull and some started to boo him for a few reasons.

1. You could not hear engine, exhaust, or even the tires spinning for that matter. All you saw was smoke, and the crowd wanted smoke AND noise. If you guys have even spun tires on a wet pavement, that sound was pretty much all that was heard.

2. Despite smoking out, even those who went b4 him, the rear tires just would not let go and pop in the time frame allotted to each contestant. Keep in mind that 3 people went in front of him, smoked very well, but IMO Cliff CLEARLY outsmoked them.

Once again, Thank you to everyone for all of your hard work, cooperation with some of our last minute changes in plans, as well as your attendance at this event. The numbers, as well as the people in attendance, made all of the hard work coordinating and organizing this event WELL WORTH IT!!!! For those of you who missed out, maybe next year. This was our second apearance at Carlisle, and each year our group gets BIGGER and BETTER!!!!

*** Can someone scan in a copy of the NELOC intro from the booklet that was in the bag you received
at check-in. I would like for those who did not go to see our official intro, written by yours truly.
I know it won't scan in very well, just scan the page in and post it up and I will go in and post the
written intro under the pic so that it can be clearly read. Thanks!!!!*****

Last edited by trukn1; 05-13-08 at 07:41 PM.
Old 05-12-08, 07:36 AM
alpha
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

great pics guys! but where are the group pics??
Old 05-12-08, 07:39 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
The promoter has already sent me an email this morning stating that the pavilion is all ours next year.
Let's face it.....NELOC/VIP Lane were the show !!!

I say we go for Building T and fill it with NELOC with a smaller section for VIP Lane !!!!
Old 05-12-08, 07:39 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by BernieIS
This is not just to you PaPaHoff, but I keep hearing and seeing this among those that we come in contact with. The attraction in what we do is obviously the cars but this is in many of our experience only the initial draw. We as a group have realized that the attraction is the people. We would rather have you show up with a stock car and be a great person and someone that is fun to hangout with than to show up with the craziest modded car and be a jerk. We drive Lexus because we like the cars but we hangout with this group because of the people we meet and the friends we make.

If you guys can't make it out that is one thing but don't ever make the decision not to come out because you think you car is not modded or not modded enough. I went to Carlisle 2007 with a wrecked car and since that time I have met some great people that have become great friends.
Very good point. Ryan is absolutely correct.
Old 05-12-08, 07:45 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Let's all give one BIG round of applause to those who set this up step by step, to ensure the quality, respect, dignity, and all out eye catching show! Good job you guys!
Old 05-12-08, 08:03 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieIS
This is not just to you PaPaHoff, but I keep hearing and seeing this among those that we come in contact with. The attraction in what we do is obviously the cars but this is in many of our experience only the initial draw. We as a group have realized that the attraction is the people. We would rather have you show up with a stock car and be a great person and someone that is fun to hangout with than to show up with the craziest modded car and be a jerk. We drive Lexus because we like the cars but we hangout with this group because of the people we meet and the friends we make.

If you guys can't make it out that is one thing but don't ever make the decision not to come out because you think you car is not modded or not modded enough. I went to Carlisle 2007 with a wrecked car and since that time I have met some great people that have become great friends.
PaPahoff - This was my initial take and the reason I was skeptical about coming out since it was "Performance and Style". As BernieIS states...In the end its not so much the car as it is the people. My car is bone stock and still I was welcomed openly and encouraged to attend whole heartedly.

What I was told by a NELOC member..."even though your car is stock it will still look better than 70% of what does show up to the show in general" After walking around on Saturday and looking outside the NELOC pavilion...they were right.

Bring the car nexttime...the mods will come!
Old 05-12-08, 08:17 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RolxuSC400
What I was told by a NELOC member..."even though your car is stock it will still look better than 70% of what does show up to the show in general" After walking around on Saturday and looking outside the NELOC pavilion...they were right.

Have you ever seen such a large collection of Cavaliers, Cobalts, and Neons???? They should give an award for best :

"I bought a cheap bodykit but couldn't get it painted, so I'll just slap it on my car and bring it to a car show.....maybe they won't notice my cheap knock-off wheels"

I think this class would have the most entries.....
Old 05-12-08, 08:33 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

way to hold it down guys! congrats to all the winners. hopefully next year i can make the trip back east.
Old 05-12-08, 08:42 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
way to hold it down guys! congrats to all the winners. hopefully next year i can make the trip back east.
That would be great if you could make it out next year Joe.
Old 05-12-08, 09:03 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Pics Pics Pics......

This is the first batch of pics I have. I will add more a little later on today.

I will also have some video of some serious rodeo action

Old 05-12-08, 09:04 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Default More Pics

Old 05-12-08, 09:06 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Old 05-12-08, 09:09 AM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Old 05-12-08, 09:12 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

Rare1 and I have tons more pics, group pics and vid of Cliff's burnout and vid of the those that rode the mechanical bull (lmao!!)..... To be posted shortly!!

I had a great time, it was nice to put faces to screen names, meet new members and catch up with those I haven't seen in awhile The NELOC pavillion and the VIP Lane were hands down the places to be.

To my Friday night crew: Altezzu, Anna, Trukn1, BernieIS, Rare1, Habious, Kathy & Alpha.... I had the best time with you that night! Dinner was nice to sit and chill, enjoy drinks and food and catch up....afterwards we braved a redneck bar to pick-up several 12 packs (that was a bit scary... the 3 asians and 1 hispanic pushed the two white people through the door first, LOL) we took over our hotel lobby and tried to get BernieIS hooked up with the MILF receptionist behind the front desk and also shared some conversations that will more than likely go down in history as some the 'Best Quotes of Carlisle'.

Aimee, Todd and Bria - Thanks for for the Happy Mother's Day note left on my car So sweet! Aimee, I hope you had a great Mother's Day too!!

To everyone else (so many to name) it was so good to see you all again can't wait for the 2nd Annual MD NELOC BBQ!! Info to come..look out for the thread!
Old 05-12-08, 09:49 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

NELOC'S OFFICIAL INTORDUCTION FOR '08

Thank you Mark for posting this for everyone to see ---- Tony

Last edited by trukn1; 05-13-08 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Offical Carlisle '08 Aftermath Pics & Comments Thread