NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

~2nd Annual MD NELOC BBQ~ - RELOCATED - PLEASE READ - UPDATE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-08, 04:35 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow I had such a great time, I am still buzzing from the ride in the turbo GS!! Also I can't believe a R34 GT-R showed up and it was just nice just talking to everybody. Props go to Leroy for organizing everything at the last minute, and picking up my lowering springs. Also Ryan, great job cooking, the food was great. We also got real lucky the rain did not come sooner, after I left the rain really came down!
Lastly,Tara and Carlos the springs are in great condition and I hope everything goes well with your family.
Old 06-30-08, 07:30 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Old 06-30-08, 07:40 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
[
Old 06-30-08, 07:45 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

jimmy, Todd (70three), kino, etc post up your pics.
Old 06-30-08, 07:53 PM
#1gs300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 07-01-08, 05:34 AM
SOHKis
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Apex84
jimmy, Todd (70three), kino, etc post up your pics.
i didn't take any, i had my cam but left it in my car b/c kino and batman had their digi's out...

post em up guys!
Old 07-01-08, 05:43 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Smile 1st Time Was A Great Time

Sorry, playing catch up here now that I'm two days or so late. Just when we thought the BBQ wasn't gonna happen, Leroy did step in to make it happen. Great job with that and having me over. For me at least, I considered this a bbq/meet. Food was great (a lot of it) and it was a pleasure to meet those folks who came out cuz this was my first. Ryan although u said the ribs may have a little too much seasoning salt on them, they were were good regardless. Damian, I have to take a ride in that GS of yours. I too like u had some concerns about the neighbors possibly ranting about the noise so it was good to delay my chance to ride til next time. It was good to meet Todd, Aimee, and Hugh. Hey Hugh, good luck with the SC and keeping watch out for those annoying potholes crossing the drawbridges on the Belt Pkwy . Todd #2 I hoping you were able to get that strut bar installed on your IS. And Tony, will the stock tips jokes be swept under the rug once I get new tips that are installed AND polished .

Good directions Leroy and thanks for pointing out the country road we had to take once we got off the main road. It felt like I was on some sort of course. Glad that there were no animals and critters we ran into both going and coming on that road. Jimmy just lit it up on the way back home. He gave a shot of adrenalin for that day and the next few. It was something I didn't have too much of with the gas price being up there and me driving more laid back most of time now. It was a niiiiiiice ride back when we later met PhillyGS at a rest stop further on I-95.

I had a great time and although it was hot, the rain held off. It was good meeting everyone
Old 07-01-08, 06:19 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
Originally Posted by phillygs3
[
Originally Posted by #1gs300

Originally Posted by Seven0Tree
i didn't take any, i had my cam but left it in my car b/c kino and batman had their digi's out...

post em up guys!
Towards the end I realized that dang I know I came with a camera. So here are a few:

Batmobile leading the way with PhillyGS, Rising_Sun and me on the narrow road to Leroy's:

We thought about taking the armored truck and the goodies in it

Todd getting some help installing the strut bar:
Old 07-01-08, 06:26 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

In these next few, Damian could've been charging folks to ride like at a amusement park:

Darknight hitting theaters soon but I've seen it already:
Old 07-01-08, 06:31 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Making sure they got the clearance to proceed:

Old 07-01-08, 07:26 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd like to thank LEROY for stepping up and hosting a great BBQ, this was def a great time. We hope Tara and Carlos will be back in action soon, our best wishes go out to them.

It was a pleasure to hang with everyone and the weather cooperated with us. Hugh, thanx for taking the ride with us and keeping us awake with ur snoring... I mean story telling.

Jimmy - What can I say. Your car is looking beautiful as usual. We had a great photoshoot on 95, NOW POST THE PICS DAMMIT. Thanx again for the Eyebrows, Aimee's is going town on them. I'm glad you could make it out, we need to roll more often.

John (aznevoviii)- Thanx for coming out and bringing the R34. Next time drive the S5. I'll see you next week.

Ryan - The cook of the year. You are welcome to burn down my kitchen anytime. Come down to NY and we'll have a good time.

Joe - It's always a pleasure to see you. I wish we could have stayed longer. It be stills my heart to see the bend in your wheel. If you need help repairing it, I've got a few places that can turn it around right away. Watch those potholes.

PhillyGS - As usual, it's always good to see you. It awsome that your changing directions with your car and it's coming along nicely. Thanx again for the clay. Setup another meet in PA and we'll be there!

MrG4life - Gary, our newest Delaware friend. Ok, only Delaware friend! We love the front plate and look forward to seeing you at more meets. Remember to bring ur camera for the caravan photoshoots.

Albert - It was good to see you again. Seeing hawaii plates on a car in MD is so inspiring! Make the trip to NY and I'll give you the tour.

macd7919 - Your GS is pretty sick, and the GTE swap was simply beautiful. Great work . You need to give me a ride the next time I see you.

Kino -It was a pleasure meeting you and thanx for bringing the PUTO.
We need more pinoys to drive LEROY crazy. I've got dibs on the next billiards event.

Tony (Trukn1) - Fashionably late as usual. Letting the NYers show you up. Where's the support. We're sorry we didn't catch up with you this time. Hugh was disappointed.

Last edited by Rising_Sun; 07-01-08 at 12:41 PM.
Old 07-01-08, 07:33 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A few pix of the caravan...

Where's Trukn1?

Old 07-01-08, 08:54 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

nice pics!! i love batmobile(last pic)!!
Old 07-01-08, 10:02 AM
pakeeno
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

hey guys sorry been so busy with work and everything else... here's my pix.. didn't really take alot.

http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=235097
Old 07-01-08, 11:04 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pakeeno
hey guys sorry been so busy with work and everything else... here's my pix.. didn't really take alot.

http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/sho...d.php?p=235097
thanks Kino

Quick Reply: ~2nd Annual MD NELOC BBQ~ - RELOCATED - PLEASE READ - UPDATE!!!