NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Meet Schedule in DC/MD/VA...Suffering from Withdrawl

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-08 | 08:37 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Meet Schedule in DC/MD/VA...Suffering from Withdrawl

Ok I might be the only one but after the high of Carlisle I am suffering from "meet withdrawl". Maybe I am alone here but I don't think I can last til 6/28 without a "fix". Is there another meet planned that I am missing? I checked the calendar and its not up to date. I am not volunteering to coordinate but could co-arrange one but I'm hurtin'.
Old 05-20-08 | 08:58 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GS Stereo Installer ..........

Seeing as I have installed my AVIC in a monsoon and did it AGAIN to clean up the wiring. I am confident I can help anyone in a 2GS with a car stereo install. My next audio project is to finalize the Sub, AMP and Speaker install ... then I don't want to touch it again.

I'm going on a cruise next week so I won't be able to help out until after June 1st.

Dave
Old 05-20-08 | 10:17 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mark,

There's been talk of meeting at Ocean City on the weekend of June 7-8.

Thread...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=354687

Kathy and I are in talks about it; not sure if we're going to go or not. I'm still trying to find out details of what exactly is going to happen there. Sounds like it's mainly just going to be some hanging out and doing the usual OC stuff (beach, boardwalk, dinner with the gang).

My biggest issue with that one is it's a bit of a haul for me (and even worse for you) to drive to Baltimore to meet up with the MD caravan so, I've been in some super-secret talks about just finding a staging area on Rt 50 and meet up with the MD caravan there along the way.

Also, I'm not sure if most NELOC folks are just planning on making a long day of it or staying over Saturday night.

On a side-note, I would love to see more VA meets (and I'm sure that someone will chime in and tell me I'm free to organize one!)...just not sure where to have it/what to do.

I don't think I'm up for another Wrench Day...that was too much like work (I'm sure BernieIS thinks so!)
Old 05-20-08 | 11:52 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Originally Posted by Habious
Mark,

There's been talk of meeting at Ocean City on the weekend of June 7-8.

Thread...https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=354687

Kathy and I are in talks about it; not sure if we're going to go or not. I'm still trying to find out details of what exactly is going to happen there. Sounds like it's mainly just going to be some hanging out and doing the usual OC stuff (beach, boardwalk, dinner with the gang).

My biggest issue with that one is it's a bit of a haul for me (and even worse for you) to drive to Baltimore to meet up with the MD caravan so, I've been in some super-secret talks about just finding a staging area on Rt 50 and meet up with the MD caravan there along the way.

Also, I'm not sure if most NELOC folks are just planning on making a long day of it or staying over Saturday night.

On a side-note, I would love to see more VA meets (and I'm sure that someone will chime in and tell me I'm free to organize one!)...just not sure where to have it/what to do.

I don't think I'm up for another Wrench Day...that was too much like work (I'm sure BernieIS thinks so!)
Hey Greg...sorry yeah I was aware of that meet. I was thinking of something closer...like where we met at Arundel Mills or something with another club or an impromptu kinda meet.

OC is a bit of a haul for me right now and sounds like for most folks here its gonna be a day trip. Since I am not a huge beach person or crab fan I think i'll pass. Though if you guys bring me a "doggie bag" of a funnel cake you'd be my bestest friend in the whole world...lolol

BTW...The Wrench Fest will be an annual event before Carlisle. I was thinking hangin, grillin, chillin etc. at a local venue (park, house, parking lot etc). Oh well I can wait then til the 28th.
Old 05-20-08 | 12:32 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Mark,

I don't think the funnel cakes would travel/keep very well (not to mention the fact that, any funnel cake I buy...I eat!).

I've got nothing going on the weekend of the 31st. If you're interested, I'm interested in working with you to put together a semi-impromptu meet in the NoVa area.

I think, if us Virginia folks want some Virginia meets, we probably shouldn't wait for the Maryland folks to put one together for us.
Old 05-20-08 | 01:38 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mark,

you can come out to Chick Fil A meeting every Friday at Sterling.

http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/sho...84&postcount=1
Old 05-20-08 | 04:18 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Ok, there is one big event coming up, June 14 Hot import nights at Fedex field, featuring drifting and beautiful women. Probably not your cup of tea, there might be some nice cars, but alot of rice to. Anyway, it does not start until 4pm, so maybe we can have a mini meet beforehand somewhere in NOVA and a caravan for those who want to go to HIN. Any dates before that, I can't make, because I am saving money for my June trifecta- D.C.-14th, summit point WV-21st, MD BBQ-28th.
Old 05-20-08 | 04:27 PM
ispimpin
Rookie

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
Mark,

you can come out to Chick Fil A meeting every Friday at Sterling.

http://www.isfanatics.com/forums/sho...84&postcount=1
Tru tru!

Were out there almost every friday thats nice!

..if only those counted as NELOC meets i'd have my sticker by now!
Old 05-20-08 | 07:02 PM
Rare1
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mark,
you may also want to check out this meet:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=352890
Old 05-20-08 | 07:23 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ispimpin
Tru tru!

Were out there almost every friday thats nice!

..if only those counted as NELOC meets i'd have my sticker by now!
hmmmm...NO!

You have to come out to NELOC meeting! Carlisle is your 1st? or 2nd? so far.

Old 05-20-08 | 07:29 PM
kwamdoo74
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BossGS4
Seeing as I have installed my AVIC in a monsoon and did it AGAIN to clean up the wiring. I am confident I can help anyone in a 2GS with a car stereo install. My next audio project is to finalize the Sub, AMP and Speaker install ... then I don't want to touch it again.

I'm going on a cruise next week so I won't be able to help out until after June 1st.

Dave

If we have a stereo install meet for 2GS's, I might need to take you up on this since I have an Eclipse AVN6610 sitting in my closet collecting dust. I have no idea on how to install the thing though. I need to get a few wires, but other than that, it is ready for install. I want to be able to have the ability ot play DVD's while I drive as well.
Old 05-20-08 | 08:42 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice to see you guys have been bitten HARD by the meet bug. As several has mentioned, I think the next meet is OC for the Funk Master Flex show there. Not sure on the turnout yet, or tentative plans. You guys are always more than free to organize impromptu meets and such. This is really how we got MD on it's feet last year and as a result has grown in membership and friendship. Just make sure that you follow thru, and make sure that all info needed is put out in the open. If you need any help with organizing or have questions, just get ahold of me and I will be glad to help. Mark, as you have said before, with you having OCD (LOL!!!) I know that you wont forget a thing. You have already organized one very successful NELOC meet. After a venture such as that one, impromptu meets will be a cinch.

Drop me a line if you have any questions. (443) 629-7175
Tony
Old 05-21-08 | 10:33 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Jae - OMG I totally forgot bout the Chick-fil-a and its right around the corner from me. Thanks. Will u all be there this Fri seeing as its Memorial Day weekend? What time you guys usually show up when you go?

Greg - I understand that same would be true of me...that Funnel Cake would look and smell too good bout 30mins into the trip back. I still have your email and number I will ping you after the holiday to explore some options.

Ryan - the drifting and women are my cup of tea and the rice too but some clarity pleeeeease...will this be similar to the Dulles show just larger or more like Carlisle?

Thanks all for your replies. I will see if something to bridge the gap makes sense. I can smell that charcoal already!
Old 05-21-08 | 12:11 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

yeah i'll be up there around 7-7:30pm til whenever.

edit: I forgot! I'm going out play I'll be out there little later. But others will be there.
Old 05-21-08 | 12:42 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
yeah i'll be up there around 7-7:30pm til whenever.

edit: I forgot! I'm going out play I'll be out there little later. But others will be there.
Cool. Look forward to seein some folks there. I will likely be gettin there bout that time...

Quick Reply: Meet Schedule in DC/MD/VA...Suffering from Withdrawl