NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

tickets problem revisited

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-08, 12:13 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tickets problem revisited

as many of you may know, i posted a thread before stating that i got a speeding and a tint ticket on the north state pkwy. Well i sent those tickets in and plead not guilty to both charges (i took the advice and went ahead and got a note from an optometrist stating that tints are recommended due to photosensitive eyes). well the tint ticket is $80, not much since i got it installed on all 5 windows for that price. But im prettty sure that ticket is gonna get dismissed with the note. Anyways, I just received a letter in the mail saying that im scheduled for a CONFERENCE on 7/23/08. What exactly is a conference? is it a trial and is it a date where they want to ultimately decide whether im guilty or not of the tickets? Can I plea not guilty for the speeding ticket during my conference just so I can wait like 2 years for a court date since I know nassau county 16cooper st courthouse is generally really backed up on trials. Just wanna get a fill-in on the situation cuz i dont really know what a conference consists of.
Old 06-03-08, 01:07 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's the polite way of saying you're scheduled for a TRIAL.

They will have an optometrist there to verify what you presented to a court of law as evidence by giving you a county eye exam. If you don't have what you presented in the note, then they slap you with a perjury and obstruction of justice charge and you are automatically upgraded to a felony charge.

Makes sense?

lol, ok, now that you've shytted on yourself, grab some towels and a new pair of underwear and read below:

Plead Not Guilty to Traffic Violation
To plead not guilty by mail, and request a supporting deposition, complete Part B including your current address on the reverse side of the traffic ticket sign your name and mail the ticket within 48 hours from receipt. If you do not require a supporting deposition you may complete and sign Part B including your current address and mail the ticket to the Nassau County Traffic and Parking Violations Agency, 16 Cooper Street W., Hempstead, NY 11550-4063. We must receive this on or before the return date of the violation. You will be receive a conference notice for a date and time to appear. (Please note: a conference is a meeting between a traffic prosecutor and you or your authorized representative, to discuss your options).
A supporting deposition is a written affirmation detailing the traffic violation and se signed by the police officer.

A conference is a meeting between you and the traffic prosecutor to discuss a possible reduction of your ticket
Nassau County DMV
Old 06-03-08, 02:25 PM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by oohpapi44

They will have an optometrist there to verify what you presented to a court of law as evidence by giving you a county eye exam. If you don't have what you presented in the note, then they slap you with a perjury and obstruction of justice charge and you are automatically upgraded to a felony charge.

lol, ok, now that you've shytted on yourself, grab some towels and a new pair of underwear and read below:
LMAO! Even I got scared for him! Nassau County is not laid back as opposed to the boroughs. GL
Old 06-03-08, 02:29 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,239 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Awesome ownage Papi, lol
Old 06-03-08, 06:23 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LMAO...
Old 06-03-08, 06:29 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Makes sense?
That was mean.....REALLY friggin' funny...but mean! LOL
Old 06-03-08, 06:36 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Makes sense?
Man you made me ***** myself and I wasnt even the OP LOL
Old 06-03-08, 06:39 PM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow!!! I'd just say yes, I'm sorry, I'll take them off, and just save your self a WHOLE lot of trouble!
Old 06-03-08, 09:01 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

ill **** on the cops all day. anyway, car is registered under my dad's name and umm...it's his car and I so to have "borrowed" it that day and he does have photosensitive eyes and the note was written in official nys prescription paper. as for the speeding ticket, i wonder if I can plead not guilty and wait for a much later court date. I know some friends who have had moving violations from 1.5years ago and they have yet to receive word about their court date.

im pretty confident on the tint ticket dismissal, just the speeding ticket is scary. I want to plead not guilty cuz a nypd detective friend of mine just made a few phone calls for me to superiors he knows at the cooper st courthouse.

Last edited by tommyjaix; 06-03-08 at 09:12 PM.
Old 06-03-08, 09:04 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

my past experiences with the nassau county traffic violations were pretty laid back..let's just say $900 and 11 pts to $300 and 0 pts in 5 seconds. and no lawyer, mind u.

Now...let's say the cop who issued me the ticket is not present on my "conference" date, will my ticket be dismissed?

again, ***** da po-lice!
Old 06-03-08, 09:10 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

obstruction of justice my ***...felony lmao...okay, sure bob
Old 06-04-08, 06:53 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I try to avoid LI at all costs. I got owned in Dumont,NJ once. Now I drive with seat in the upright position, windows up, music turned down, take my fitted cap off, and drive -5mph than the speed limit. I learn from my mistakes.

GL with the process!
Old 06-04-08, 07:15 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by tommyjaix
my past experiences with the nassau county traffic violations were pretty laid back..let's just say $900 and 11 pts to $300 and 0 pts in 5 seconds. and no lawyer, mind u.

Now...let's say the cop who issued me the ticket is not present on my "conference" date, will my ticket be dismissed?
I'm with you one this one. While it does suck that your own action put you in the court in the first place (what people can never own up to), the nassau courts seem to try to "help" you so long as you are a decent driver and a "upstanding" citizen. Don't go dressed like a bum and the county prosecutor won't look at u crooked.

Depending how bad u were u speeding u can probably beg and plead to have the points removed, how far u take that (crying, blah blah blah) is up to you hahaha.
Old 06-04-08, 09:31 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by excluesive
I'm with you one this one. While it does suck that your own action put you in the court in the first place (what people can never own up to), the nassau courts seem to try to "help" you so long as you are a decent driver and a "upstanding" citizen. Don't go dressed like a bum and the county prosecutor won't look at u crooked.

Depending how bad u were u speeding u can probably beg and plead to have the points removed, how far u take that (crying, blah blah blah) is up to you hahaha.
He speaks from experience
Old 06-04-08, 09:36 AM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

lol, yeah but dressing too nice would get them to think you're a baller with a lexus who can afford the ticket. I need something to go with an imagery of a poor college student who just "borrowed" his father's car for the day.

Quick Reply: tickets problem revisited