NYC Ticket Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-08, 10:54 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default NYC Ticket Questions

Hey all,

I received a summons yesterday morning from two brain dead cops from the 106 precinct who are totally clueless about the area/roadway they so-called patrolled for over 10 years.

Quick summarization of the incident
I was heading north on a two way street going across a major cross road (Rockaway Blvd). The street I was driving on has an approximately 30degree angle turn due to the roadway that runs across, if you want to continue driving on the street you would have to make that little 30dgreee turn/dash to proceed. There is a posted sign on the main road way that reads "STOP HERE ON RED" for vehicle stopping at the light so they won’t block traffic coming from the cross street.

Two cops in a marked patrol car decided not too or don't know where they should stop decided to come right up to the red light nearly slamming into my car coming from the cross street. Keep in mind the light had turned green on my end for about 7 seconds so they obviously was not paying any attention on the road. After the near collision I shake my head proceed. To my surprise I see their lights flashing behind me.. Thinking to myself "what the f did I do wrong?"... I pulled over to the curb and wait for them to approach the car... asking in a humble tone.. "Officer, did i do something wrong?" the respond that I got was... "I am gonna slap that Leuxs with a bunch of tickets now"... Wanting to flip on the pigs at this point... I remained relax and continue to be respectful as I am trying to make sense of the whole situation that just happened.
They went back into the patrol car for about 15-20 minutes came back out saying the street that I turned into was a one way street.. I pointed to the sign above showing them its a one way but i did enter from the right of way.
They went back into the patrol car and came back out with a ticket for reckless driving & said there is no points on your license for this.. I can clearly see their are policing knowledge at this point I didn't bother to say anything. Highly ticked off I didn't bother checking to see if all my documents was returned to me, which none was. I went to the precinct to see if i can get the SGT to radio them about my license, insurance id & registration card but that was a waste case they said they do not have it.

I would absolutely plead not guilty to this charge. However, there is no address listed on the ticket to mail it in & there is a 48 hours time period to respond via mail if you will plead not guilty.

Anyone have any idea on where I can mail this in?

Thanks in advance.

-Mark

Last edited by lowKut; 06-19-08 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-19-08, 11:58 AM
ErseOne
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Plead not guilty, and you will have to fight it in the Rockaway Blvd court. First, the officer gives his side of the story. Then, if the judge needs your version of the story she will ask for it, otherwise it will get thrown out.

Was it a yellow summons? This might help you out: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/par...s_paying.shtml

Or you can show it to a cop/parking cop etc and ask them how to mail it in.

When you go to court, make sure you have a diagram or drawing of what happened.

GL
Old 06-19-08, 12:08 PM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ErseOne
Plead not guilty, and you will have to fight it in the Rockaway Blvd court. First, the officer gives his side of the story. Then, if the judge needs your version of the story she will ask for it, otherwise it will get thrown out.

Was it a yellow summons? This might help you out: http://www.nyc.gov/html/dof/html/par...s_paying.shtml

Or you can show it to a cop/parking cop etc and ask them how to mail it in.

When you go to court, make sure you have a diagram or drawing of what happened.

GL
Thanks for the response... Useful link I will explore it later when I get home.

As for ticket color... it was written on the pink slip.
Old 06-19-08, 12:36 PM
oohpapi44
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wave it out the window the next time you roll through the block and I'll take a look :~D Sorry to hear about that though. But the good news is, Rckwy Blvd dmv isn't that cop friendly. They'll throw it out if you give them a reason to.