NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Cool is contagious!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-08 | 10:05 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by trukn1

Stef,, knew you would just about have a heart attack when you saw this. It has been a long time coming,, but other responsibilities had to come first. Just the start of more to come, in time.

Thanks everyone for the compliments,, I was gonna sell her this year and get the LS430 but Soup beat me to it. LOL!!! With the economy being bad, and me working in transportation, decided it was not the wisest of decisions (for me) to get a newer car yet.
First off congrats on the new mod, the car looks sooooo much "fresher" and smoother too. As for the wheels take your time bro, we're not goign anywhere and the wheels are not either (well...that is unless we sell them out! )

Anyways smart move on looking at your personal financial situation and making a more responsible / wise choice. I've been there bro! You took your down payment money and did some things to make the existing car more livable, nothing wrong with that.
Old 07-24-08 | 12:18 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

DUDE where are the EYELIDS !!!!!!

Now it can run them and not look out of place.
I love the grille a real winner for sure with the new emblem .Try and find a different style mesh ( read thicker) or a oem style one to fit inside it . It is too sporty (read civic) looking .
Those JDM lights really smooth out the front end also.
The wheels , i used to love a long time ago until they were knocked off by 300 companies and now corsica's (old enough to remember) roll on them.
Throw on the clear bra it is worth every red cent .
Only other light mod i might do is slight smoke vinyl over the rear lights and markers . It will only add a smoke look without shading them out if you can find the overlays.

Way to step your game up !
Old 07-24-08 | 08:28 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Sk,, you have always been my biggest fan..LOL!!!!

DUDE where are the EYELIDS !!!!!!
Oh,, don't think I dont still have them. These shots were taken the same day I had picked the car up from the shop. Hadn't even gone home yet to pull themout of storage.

I love the grille a real winner for sure with the new emblem .Try and find a different style mesh ( read thicker) or a oem style one to fit inside it . It is too sporty (read civic) looking .
Grill was not totally my handiwork. All I did was paint and mount it. The mesh was already on the grill when I bought it. This grill was some what of an experiment to see if I would even like the look, and so far I really do. Have gotten lots of compliments on it so it will stay until I find a better quality mesh. Not a hard change, just hard for me to find what I want.

The wheels , i used to love a long time ago until they were knocked off by 300 companies
I still love the look of the wheel, but you are right,, just about EVERYBODY is starting to rock them. These are due to be put down as my winter wheels anyway, and I will be shopping over the next few months for new high quality wheels for next year. BTW,, you did know that even MY wheels were knockoffs, right? LOL!!! Unfortunately, Lowenhart LDR never made an 18" in this style. When you ballin on a budget, you have to take extra time to get the right look, get the right fit,, keep em clean and then keep it movin until you can get what you want. For the price I paid, even though they are not name brand, these wheels have held up well and I got my moneys worth out of them. After 2 years of rockin the same look, will be in the market for another attitude soon.
Old 07-25-08 | 11:42 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

WOW is that the same car? It looks great Tony, love the monotone and the grill! I had no idea of the transformation until this morning. So I had to jump on to check it out.

I know this post comes late, I have been gone for a minute but NELOC and it's members are not forgotten. Miss you guys.

Congrats Tony, the LS is looking sweet
Old 07-25-08 | 06:27 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Tony you knew how I felt about this, nice work, it looks great
Old 07-26-08 | 07:44 AM
96gti2.0t
Lead Lap

looks really good
Old 08-02-08 | 11:53 PM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

just stopping in to say that looks, AWESOME!
Old 08-03-08 | 10:53 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
just stopping in to say that looks, AWESOME!
Whoa!!!! Look who is back from MIA status. LOL!!! Thanks Blair, and everyone for the compliments.
Old 08-12-08 | 07:02 AM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

I was anxious to see this new look (you know what my situation was). Definately looking fresh You know my take, slowly but surely
VIP LS and break them necks
Old 08-13-08 | 11:30 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
I was anxious to see this new look (you know what my situation was). Definately looking fresh You know my take, slowly but surely
VIP LS and break them necks
Whoa,, talk about back from MIA status. Bruh, it has almost been a year since we have seen you post. I know your status from our phone conversations, LOL!!!! Thanks for the compliment!!!
Old 08-30-08 | 06:35 PM
macd7919
Lexus Champion

Looks good man! Wish I got my whole car sprayed instead of just the front, lol...
Old 08-31-08 | 11:22 AM
WidebodyQ
Lead Lap

Looks so much better. Im not sure why Lexus didnt offer monotone as an option until the second gen?