NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Can anybody give me a hand with my swap??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-08, 12:14 PM
boostAbear
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can anybody give me a hand with my swap??

Heres the deal i have a JZS147, im swaping a 1jz into it and a 5 speed r154. This car is going to be my drift beater, and i need to get it finished soon. Im having a hell of a time sorting out the wiring and i just want to get this done. If anybody local to me has done a 1j swap into an sc or something and has some knowledge it would be immensely helpful to me and ill pay you some cash as well..

The motor, tranny and all 5 speed swap stuff is already in, so i really just need someone to help wire and get this pig running!!!

Im located in Middletown CT....
Old 09-02-08, 06:42 AM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

ive never done the swap before, but i know there is a wealth of knowledge out there for 1jz's. i would help you if i was closer, but you are quite far away.

what are you having trouble with specifically. give us some details.
just to get it running you shouldn't have much trouble using the jdm ecu.
either get a harness spliced together (requires time and us & Jdm harness),
or you can lengthen the JDM harness (requires time, patience, and jdm harness)

just make sure you lay all the wires out and lengthen one at a time or use masking tape to identify where the wires go after they have been cut.
like a-a b-b c-c etc..

now getting the temp guage and speedometer working, are two seperate issues. i can't remember exactly but you may need a different thermostat.
someone can probably chime in on this.

good luck. free bump.
Old 09-02-08, 02:51 PM
amorphous
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ali is pretty much right about all the input he just gave and just to touch on some more..... the gauges won't work unless you do a "hack" on it which is detailed here on clublexus and some guys have even made youtube videos. Also there is a guy that makes the harnesses hopefully cherp will chime in with this guys name cause I don't rememeber it. There is a wealth of info here and a few guys that know thier stuff like mr. sun again they need to chime in I'm not an expert at all on a swap :P
Old 09-03-08, 05:00 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As far as JDM swaps go wiring is the most complicated issue to overcome. The 1JZ motor is a great engine! What car is the motorset from? Soarer or Supra? I have a most of the wire diagrams and pinouts for the 1JZ. The body harness on the JZS147 will need to be rewired, other than that the swap should be easy. PM me pics of your progress and I will try and point you in the right direction.