NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Official NELOC NFL Season Shizzie Talking Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-09, 01:21 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

heh cliff hasnt been in this thread in a month...now i know why.
Old 01-11-09, 02:25 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Incase you missed it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6Ma4cXxn4U
Old 01-11-09, 05:03 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ahhahahahaaaa! Where r the Giants now? Yep that's right, out for the season! This win is so much sweeter than the last one! See u next season Giants.
Old 01-11-09, 05:04 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

oh boy, eagles/steelers superbowl ? manning threw the ball to philly more than his own receivers lol ...
Old 01-11-09, 05:09 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

Steelers!@@! PA Superbowl!! WOOT
Old 01-11-09, 05:24 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Oh lord, I now have to go through another week of the Philly media acting the the Eagles have won the Super Bowl ESPECIALLY now that they beat the Giants. Hello, hello, there are two more games they need to win before you can touch the Vince Lombardi trophy. The Eagles are like water, there either cold or warm. You thought I was gonna say hot right? Not a chance.

The Giants shot themselves in the foot several times in this game because they couldn't convert on 3rd down and the two times they went for it on 4th down. Overall, the Giants defense did a good job especially in containing Westbrook. There passing game was in hibernation on this cold day and when Manning through the ball, it was wobbly. Well the birds came out with the win despite the offense lacking with both teams. The Giants no longer have that wide receiver threat anymore since the departure of Plaxico. Rarely but sometimes it could be just one guy that changes everything for a team. In this case was the Giants passing game.
Old 01-11-09, 05:28 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

I agree with MrG. I would say just bad play call. They tried to convert the 3rd and 4th with a run. And couldn't. Simple screen or PA would of been nice to keep the game interesting.
Old 01-11-09, 08:14 PM
davidv433
Lead Lap

hehe, " they shot themselves in the foot " ... more like the leg i think (plaxico) ... i like the giants but i think they got too comfortable. like i've told my friends the eagles are the hungrier team for the win this year. sorry MrG ...
Old 01-12-09, 05:31 AM
CBG
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya Steelers going to the AFC championship game. It should be a good game because the Steelers beat the Ravens twice in the regular season but it will be very hard to beat them a 3rd time. It should another battle of the defences and whoever wins that battle will win the game and go to the Superbowl.

A 35 year Steeler fan in NE country LOL.
Old 01-12-09, 05:39 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CBG
Ya Steelers going to the AFC championship game. It should be a good game because the Steelers beat the Ravens twice in the regular season but it will be very hard to beat them a 3rd time. It should another battle of the defences and whoever wins that battle will win the game and go to the Superbowl.

A 35 year Steeler fan in NE country LOL.
This will be a good game regardless. We lost the last two game mainly due to penalties, so if we can play clean enough to where we don't have issues like that along with very questionable touchdowns then it should be a good game.
Old 01-12-09, 06:58 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Oh lord, I now have to go through another week of the Philly media acting the the Eagles have won the Super Bowl ESPECIALLY now that they beat the Giants. Hello, hello, there are two more games they need to win before you can touch the Vince Lombardi trophy. The Eagles are like water, there either cold or warm. You thought I was gonna say hot right? Not a chance.

The Giants shot themselves in the foot several times in this game because they couldn't convert on 3rd down and the two times they went for it on 4th down. Overall, the Giants defense did a good job especially in containing Westbrook. There passing game was in hibernation on this cold day and when Manning through the ball, it was wobbly. Well the birds came out with the win despite the offense lacking with both teams. The Giants no longer have that wide receiver threat anymore since the departure of Plaxico. Rarely but sometimes it could be just one guy that changes everything for a team. In this case was the Giants passing game.
I'm not sure what media you are reading/watching, but I haven't heard anyone in the Philadelphia area say we've already won the Super Bowl. We know there are two games left, we don't need an outsider to remind us. We've been here before and I hope this is our year, so we are taking it one game at a time. I agree that the Eagles can be inconsistent and we (the fans) are hard on the team, but reagardless we are hot now. Yesterday we proved to be the better team even with the odds against us and in your own stadium. Giants stadium was empty by the third quater. Manning choked, your kicker sucks and your best receiver shot himself. Thank God for your defense or the score would've been much different.

Originally Posted by arpham
I agree with MrG. I would say just bad play call. They tried to convert the 3rd and 4th with a run. And couldn't. Simple screen or PA would of been nice to keep the game interesting.
Oh yeah and the coach choked too, bad play calling for sure.
Old 01-12-09, 11:10 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
I'm not sure what media you are reading/watching, but I haven't heard anyone in the Philadelphia area say we've already won the Super Bowl. We know there are two games left, we don't need an outsider to remind us. We've been here before and I hope this is our year, so we are taking it one game at a time. I agree that the Eagles can be inconsistent and we (the fans) are hard on the team, but reagardless we are hot now. Yesterday we proved to be the better team even with the odds against us and in your own stadium. Giants stadium was empty by the third quater. Manning choked, your kicker sucks and your best receiver shot himself. Thank God for your defense or the score would've been much different.

Oh yeah and the coach choked too, bad play calling for sure.
Thai its the media in the South Jersey & eastern PA region your watching too. There was a pep rally I think today at city hall for them. I mean like save that if they beat the Cardinals this Sunday. Its like please already. As far as I'm concerned if you haven't won the SuperBowl then its nothing. The Eagles and their fans should know that already since they've been here already. But nope they continue to set themselves up for disappointment. I think the Eagles are talented group of players but are not as good from a few years ago. BTW the team is not hot right now. If anything they are lukewarm.
Old 01-12-09, 01:48 PM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Thai its the media in the South Jersey & eastern PA region your watching too. There was a pep rally I think today at city hall for them. I mean like save that if they beat the Cardinals this Sunday. Its like please already. As far as I'm concerned if you haven't won the SuperBowl then its nothing. The Eagles and their fans should know that already since they've been here already. But nope they continue to set themselves up for disappointment. I think the Eagles are talented group of players but are not as good from a few years ago. BTW the team is not hot right now. If anything they are lukewarm.
oh there was a pep rally at city hall today? dang I missed it. I guess I don't watch enough news..lol. I understand how outsiders may find our pre-celebratory behavior annoying, but you have to understand that we are are just desperate for the Eagles to win a freakin Super Bowl already! Plus with the last few seasons being so utterly disappointing, the fact that the team has gotten this far has the city believing in them once again and it's good for our city. Trust me, if the Giants won yesterday, I'm sure you, Cliff and all the other Giants fans would be all over us Eagles' fan today. Just let me enjoy it for one more day.
Old 01-12-09, 01:55 PM
pakeeno
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

can't wait for the ravens vs steelers game. it's gonna be interesting
Old 01-12-09, 03:04 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
oh there was a pep rally at city hall today? dang I missed it. I guess I don't watch enough news..lol.

Trust me, if the Giants won yesterday, I'm sure you, Cliff and all the other Giants fans would be all over us Eagles' fan today. Just let me enjoy it for one more day.
I actually heard about the pep rally this morning while i was getting ready for work.

Enjoy it for one day? You have this entire week to enjoy it

Quick Reply: Official NELOC NFL Season Shizzie Talking Thread