NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Philly Meet NJ,MD,NY welcomed

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-08, 06:58 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wowitztai
How about a Buffet Rob..only best idea i can come up with..
which one?
Old 09-29-08, 07:36 PM
EMERGE888
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you guys have a date ??? when ???im trying to go
Old 09-29-08, 11:12 PM
noxredna
Driver School Candidate

Driving from philly.. I live in University City
Old 09-29-08, 11:33 PM
Soda Popin
Driver School Candidate

Edit: nevermind, I had the wrong calendar infront of me. I lose! LOL. I'll be there!

Last edited by Soda Popin; 09-29-08 at 11:53 PM.
Old 09-30-08, 12:37 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Um,,guys,,not to bug ya,, but you all need to pull it together. Especially since you already have a date set for this Sunday coming.
Old 09-30-08, 05:52 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
Um,,guys,,not to bug ya,, but you all need to pull it together. Especially since you already have a date set for this Sunday coming.
Any suggestions for pulling it together ? I think everyone is on the right track. It looks like a good number of cars showing up and you would be hard pressed to find bad food in that area. Not even sure if everyone would be able to stick around for food.
How do other groups come to an agreement with this many people ?
Pics and sports bar sounds like a winner...but if your coming from NY leave the Jets jersey at home..LOL
Old 09-30-08, 06:05 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well I will be coming down from NJ with some people from NYC and we need a time EST to get there by, where to meet up etc.

I don't think I can do sports bar since I am under 21 lol, and also its going to be a long drive back with the police out in full force lately.
Old 09-30-08, 06:14 AM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mikez
Well I will be coming down from NJ with some people from NYC and we need a time EST to get there by, where to meet up etc.

I don't think I can do sports bar since I am under 21 lol, and also its going to be a long drive back with the police out in full force lately.
Good point...
Anyone coming from North or South needs to get together in thier area. This place ( Ikea) couldn't be much easier to get to. Just off 95...
There are tons of sandwich shops in the area. After everyone is there say by 1 pm, Why not head over to Tony Lukes, get a bunch of "to-go " orders, Head to the Park for pics. Then if anyone is down for the Sports bar, they can break out from there.
Old 09-30-08, 09:17 AM
Soda Popin
Driver School Candidate

Cool

I would suggest for groups coming out of the area, or even in PA to caravan into the meet. Have a bunch of you guys meet at a pre-determined time at a common location, like a known landmark, Dunkin Donuts, or Wal-Mart, etc... then travel down as a group. This helps you find the place easier than 1-at-a-timing it in... also it helps you stay with a known group of drivers if you get nervous in crowds... you'll have friendly faces (hopefully) around you when you arrive.

Organization is easier because you can park together, and... for anyone videotaping or photographing the event, you can get some good shots of a line of cars coming into the meet at the same time... I don't know how to explain this... but if you have a video cam and are recording it's easier than having to keep turning the rec on and off... you can just roll it while 20 cars roll in of the same kind.

Meh, hope it helps! I can't wait.
Old 09-30-08, 10:41 AM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Phillygs3, please confirm we are meeting up at Ikea at 12 p.m noon so I can make the caravan times official.

Thanks
Old 09-30-08, 11:03 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Soda Popin
I would suggest for groups coming out of the area, or even in PA to caravan into the meet. Have a bunch of you guys meet at a pre-determined time at a common location, like a known landmark, Dunkin Donuts, or Wal-Mart, etc... then travel down as a group. This helps you find the place easier than 1-at-a-timing it in... also it helps you stay with a known group of drivers if you get nervous in crowds... you'll have friendly faces (hopefully) around you when you arrive.

Organization is easier because you can park together, and... for anyone videotaping or photographing the event, you can get some good shots of a line of cars coming into the meet at the same time... I don't know how to explain this... but if you have a video cam and are recording it's easier than having to keep turning the rec on and off... you can just roll it while 20 cars roll in of the same kind.

Meh, hope it helps! I can't wait.
Sounds like a great idea to bring a video cam... i might bring that and the SLR out... HMMMMM I will most likely have a passenger so rolling video is a go!
Old 09-30-08, 11:28 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Big *****
Good point...
Anyone coming from North or South needs to get together in thier area. This place ( Ikea) couldn't be much easier to get to. Just off 95...
There are tons of sandwich shops in the area. After everyone is there say by 1 pm, Why not head over to Tony Lukes, get a bunch of "to-go " orders, Head to the Park for pics. Then if anyone is down for the Sports bar, they can break out from there.
BILL!!!! Mr MIA..where have u been?
Old 09-30-08, 12:00 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

TAI ! It's summer time Bro. You know I'm the outdoors type. LOL
I was gonna ride my bike down to the last Philly meet but it broke down in DE...I hate Harleys.
Old 09-30-08, 01:11 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by phillygs3
Me and Tai were talkin yesterday about a bbq but I think it will be to many people to feed , and such short notice to tell everyone to bring something
Philly is full of steak shops and what not so I think we should just play it by ear. We are all gonna meet up at Ikea then shoot over to fdr park to take some photos than will cruise to a local sports bar
sounds like a plann!!!
Old 09-30-08, 01:18 PM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

watever we do dont matter to me..imma bring my chair since we are meeting at Ikea hate standing.

Quick Reply: Philly Meet NJ,MD,NY welcomed