NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Lovely week and a half

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-08, 08:59 AM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lovely week and a half

Well, I have had quite a stretch of bad luck lately.

1. First, I was coming out of Baltimore and there was construction being done and the lanes were uneven. I had to go into the lower lane and my bumper got caught on the higher lane. The bumper was torn, the grill was cracked and the horn wiring was torn.

2. Second, yesterday I was again on a road with some construction and there was a difference in height between the road and the man hole cover I went over. The man hole cover caught the plastic skid plate under the car and I had to cut the torn peice off as it was hanging down and scraping on the road.

3. Third and finally, I was on my way to work this morning and I went out to my car. The driver door glass was smashed in and my Ipod which was not all that obivously out in the opened was stolen. Luckily my insurance did not cover the theft; ha ha ha, just kidding. I missed my meeting and have been sitting waiting on the autoglass people to install some new glass.

I have had a fantastic week and a half
Old 09-24-08, 09:28 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

for some reason i knew this was bad news. sorry to hear that man! things will hopefuly turn around sooner than later
Old 09-24-08, 10:09 AM
ispimpin
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate thieves!!!

Sorry to hear about the other stuff too... It will get better, always does man.

Take care,
-Wes
Old 09-24-08, 11:36 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn man.. sorry to hear that.. cant believe all of that happened in one week!!! can you file a claim against the state?
Old 09-24-08, 11:52 AM
wowitztai
Lexus Champion

GL with tryin to make a claim in the state of MD..i tried before when i was in md driving and hit a pothole which cause me to lose control of the car and hit the median and they didnt do ****..reject my claim.. i had pictures and all..
Old 09-24-08, 12:08 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

****ing baltimore... i always end up having to pull over half way home to make sure i didnt rip something off my car going over the random asphalt monoliths everywhere up there..
Old 09-24-08, 01:12 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Oh man, that sucks! Sorry to hear about your troubles Ryan. The road hazards stink (I had to have some underbody work done on my SC once because of a too-high manhole cover...ripped a support brace right out of the underbody!) but, the person breaking into your car to steal your iPod...That's just F%&kED up. They're not that expensive. Let him/her buy their own iPod! And, as a bonus, you've got to deal with getting the glass replaced. Bastards.

If you need help with anything, let me know (my concealed firearms permit is not valid in MD so, can't help you with THAT but, other than that, I'm here for you).
Old 09-24-08, 01:30 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

The Police officer did say that this was not an isolated incident and that a local gang had been robbing people on the street, breaking into apartments, breaking into cars and also stealing cars. He did also tell me that I lived in the worst apartment complex in the worst area outside Baltimore City. I contacted my apartment leasing office and they did not blink about my request to terminate the lease and seemed to indicate that once I furnished them with a written request to terminate this lease I would be able to do so. Hopefully there will be no issue moving forward.
Old 09-24-08, 02:53 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

wow bernie! that is really horrible
Old 09-24-08, 02:57 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

DIZZAM!!! sorry to hear about your week bro

-Smitty
Old 09-24-08, 04:28 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Sorry for the misfortunes Ryan. Sounds like the construction was the first stages of a repaving project. Driving in one of zones can be irritating because of the uneven pavement and debris getting kicked up from the vehicle in front. And curse the baffoon who stole your iPod.
Old 09-24-08, 04:35 PM
BernieIS
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Sorry for the misfortunes Ryan. Sounds like the construction was the first stages of a repaving project. Driving in one of zones can be irritating because of the uneven pavement and debris getting kicked up from the vehicle in front. And curse the baffoon who stole your iPod.
Believe it or not the construction was nearly complete in the section I was in yesterday.

Thanks for all the concern, I think that it is time to move on to another vehicle.
Old 09-24-08, 05:09 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear that...Hang in there man. I know I have sacrificed plenty parts and rims to the Beltway Goddess of Doom. She loves the taste of modded cars especially Lexus. It's like french cousine. Good Luck with the insurance... Let me know if you interest in a Nice GS430.
Old 09-24-08, 05:21 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BernieIS

Thanks for all the concern, I think that it is time to move on to another vehicle.
Bro I know how it feels to have ur ride broke into. They broke both my windows, my dashboard, my glovebox, stole all my CDs, my navi HU but not the navi brain, and my digital camera. So it could have been worse.

-Smitty
Old 09-24-08, 07:34 PM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

now thats just horrible luck. sorry to hear about the car and incidents. hope you get something out of it.

Quick Reply: Lovely week and a half