NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Just a little forward thinking...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-08 | 08:34 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Default Just a little forward thinking...

OK guys, as some of you know Apex and myself pretty much start working on the organization for the Carlisle event around this time. NO, at this time, have not received information from the promoters yet. As we receive the info and organize the fine points and negotiate for diferent things, we shouldhave the information posted here in the forums by no later than the early part of the year. This will still give everyone MONTHS of notice ahead of time to decide if you can make it. Each year we do these things, we constantly try to find newer, better ways to make our club stand out; and trust me attendance has been our strong forte thus far. I am gonna open this thread for some suggestions on ways we can make our group showcase even stronger than we have done for the past 2 years. Please keep in mind that these are SUGGESTIONS and we are still subject to the promoters rules, as this is NOT AN EXCLUSIVE NELOC EVENT. Carlisle 09 will be our third appearance in a row, and we, for the past 2 years, have consistently upset all other car clubs that have been in attendance with our MASS presence

With some of the space constraints, we have tried to makes sure that as many of our members as possible were accomodated under the pavillion bldg in which we were provided. First year(07), unfortunately we were placed in a situation in which some of our members had to park on the outside area around the pavillion in which we were provided(we were only given half the bldg, and had more members show up than expected to accomodate). In 08, we(NELOC) were provided with the entire pavillion bldg and this made accomodations a LITTLE easier, but still alot of work to accomodate the nuber of members in attendance.

Anyway, my suggestion is this. With parking being so tight, and with the numerous amounts of members that we have in attendance, what do you guys think of posting a fact sheet about your car? Have your favorite pic of your car with a list of mods, facts, hp ratings etc. Because parking is so tight, many spectators cannot get a full look at all of the work in which we have done to our vehicles. Fact sheet will not only explain how your car is different for the next one sitting beside you (particularly since we have a large number of GS and IS owners), but it will also answer some of the questions that spectators may have. By reading some of the different forums, after Carlisle 08, some people thought that NELOC was unapproachable and stuck up and I am seeking to change this image. I know for a fact that we are not this way, and this is not an image we want to project. Anyway,, suggestions of any sort are welcomed. What are you guys thinking??

For those of you who have missed the past 2 Carlisle events, check the links below...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...isle+aftermath
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...isle+aftermath
Old 11-07-08 | 10:21 AM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 25,000

fact sheet is a great idea but also orgainizing cars together by categories might make it a little better. For example grouping cars that are higher modified together and stock cars in another part.
Old 11-07-08 | 12:07 PM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Tony - I think your idea is great and along with that also promote the Club. It would be great if you could find those "stands" placed under the cars wheel for the cars on display in showroom.

Heres my spin:
I would also create an area at Carlisle with the Trophies, Events held and pics from the events and information how people can become a part of the group.
Also I would suggest, from my Concours days, having a "Peoples Choice" vote for the cars present. Assign a letter for each car and its dropped in a box to be counted later. A prize can be determined at a later date.
Also, maybe holding a "techie event" someone can demo a repeatable upgrade or for instance a specific feature on their cars.
Provide a hands-on and demo session for detailing the cars. I think theres enough people skilled at this to provide a teaching session.
Old 11-07-08 | 03:06 PM
phillygs3

Definately need a DJ this year And maybe some strippers
Old 11-08-08 | 02:38 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Vlad,, like your idea. only problem with this is getting everyone at the appropriate meet spot ON TIME. Not to mention, keep in mind, that we are trying to get 60+ cars lined up and organized in a very short amount of time for the official club roll in and park.

Rolexus,,,Since this will be our third appearance at Carlisle, there will DEF be an awards area complete with the 2 previous years' trophies as well as the club banner for "COOLEST CLUB HANGOUT" that we won last year. Would also be a good thing if someone or multiple people work on a collage of photos featuring different NELOC moments, events, people, etc. Not limiting to 1, there can be more than 1 collage done by more than 1 person (got this idea from something I saw hanging in Greed777's garage).
As far as the car stands, most of those stands are designated for those cars who are sponsored vehicles. Not a bad idea tho. Gotta remember those stands cost money as well, and I am looking for cost effective means which can be attainable for everyone. Since we also have the spawning of Gotham VIP in our midst (and the members being OG are always welcome to join in with the "old heads"), maybe we can get the tire stands,with GOTHAM VIP on them, for to designate them as the "ELITE" among the group (anyone know where to get those things??).

As far as prizes,, these would have to come about from a collection/donation from the members beforehand since we do not have a treasury.

Detail lessons,,, hmm,, veryinteresting. I like alot of your ideas. just got to think on how to get them up off the ground.

Bobby,, DJ is already thought of, and I am already working on some negotiation with some. Gotta have an area for him to spin tho, not to mention figure out how to pay them. LOL!!! MONEY's TIGHT MANNNN!!!!

Loving the ideas,, please keep em coming!!!!
Old 11-09-08 | 08:16 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

10 character bump
Old 11-09-08 | 09:12 PM
lextronics
Pole Position

looks like a great time...i would like to roll in this year with you guys....

i guess i really have no say on the ideas since i wasnt there yet, but i like vlads idea to put certain model cars together, if you can end up figuring out how to do that one with the time you have...also your idea with the fact sheet sounds good.

music is a great idea if there was none before
Old 11-10-08 | 06:47 AM
UncleRay
Lead Lap

Great suggestions! Really awesome way to set this idea up Trukn1.

My suggestion is that we DJ our selves lol I could probably ask my college buddy DJ Ran to help us out. Think he'll definitely hook us up with a good deal. He does some club mixes, as well as spin offs.

How about a BBQ?
Old 11-10-08 | 09:00 AM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Someone asked for a DJ? I think I know one. a BBQ would be awesome too.
Old 11-10-08 | 10:41 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by djspawn00
Someone asked for a DJ? I think I know one. a BBQ would be awesome too.
Unfortunately you can't BBQ on the property.
Old 11-10-08 | 12:24 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

with $40 a pop and 60+ cars and growing whether we're exclusive or not we're contributing alot to carlisle... from what i recall on the map they show the main stage the 3 halls and NELOC's Pavillion. to me... that's exclusive

send in a negotiator... all we want is music... can't be that hard...
Old 11-10-08 | 04:09 PM
phillygs3

Originally Posted by Batmobile
with $40 a pop and 60+ cars and growing whether we're exclusive or not we're contributing alot to carlisle... from what i recall on the map they show the main stage the 3 halls and NELOC's Pavillion. to me... that's exclusive

send in a negotiator... all we want is music... can't be that hard...
+1 Tell them were not goin unless we have music LOL
Old 11-10-08 | 04:25 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

no body from neloc is a dj or has a bro or cuz that wont donate their time for neloc? I may be able to bring out someone from the woodworks... he's a mustang head but he's alright
Old 11-10-08 | 05:17 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by excluesive
no body from neloc is a dj or has a bro or cuz that wont donate their time for neloc? I may be able to bring out someone from the woodworks... he's a mustang head but he's alright
ahem... right here... if I can, i will, I just may need some help bringing some equipment down since my trunk is half the size now.... or i can just bring a laptop, and a self amplified speaker... keep it simple.
Old 11-10-08 | 05:57 PM
lextronics
Pole Position

Originally Posted by djspawn00
ahem... right here... if I can, i will, I just may need some help bringing some equipment down since my trunk is half the size now.... or i can just bring a laptop, and a self amplified speaker... keep it simple.
I sell DJ Equipment and have my own setup if you need anything or even a dj coffin or stage speakers....let me know.

Quick Reply: Just a little forward thinking...