NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

LS for sale in Poughkeepsie; I need it checked out.

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-09, 11:04 AM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default LS for sale in Poughkeepsie; I need it checked out.

I live about 340 miles away from this '93 LS 400 that's for sale so I'd like a 3rd party to check it out. It would be my 1st Lexus. I'm only interested in silver or black '93-'94 LS 400's right now.

The info on the car is here.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...ork-state.html

If anyone is interested, let me know how much it will cost, where you are located and your contact info.

Thanks,

Skip
Old 01-03-09, 06:00 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Honestly, the guy doesn't post much, and we don't know anything about him. His thread is in violation of several rules for posting in the "For Sale" section. Unless you can get someone to THROUGHLY go over this car, I would be very leary since you are so far away from it to go over it yourself to your satisfaction. Contact Aliga (screen name) here in the Neloc forum. He may be able to get you something better, and he is someone that alot of us have used/trust, not to mention the fact that he is closer to you.
Old 01-04-09, 08:38 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im with Tony on this one. Also, I cant believe there arent ANY LS of these years and colors closer to you. I'd be happy to run a carfax on a few you find but my subscription runs out near end of January if you find any before then. Also keep in mind as you may know upstate New York see's some major snow falls and salting so keep that in mind when purchasing a car. Nothing personal but I wont buy cars from owners that far up north.
Old 01-04-09, 12:48 PM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

I don't get it either but I certainly have checked a lot of sources I feel to find one closer to me. I think I found one in 3 weeks and it wasn't the right color.

Yes, a car exposed to salt is a concern. They don't seem to use it on the roads anymore its a different substance. But I still was hoping to find one a snowbird owned that got its legs stretched traveling south once a year.
Old 01-04-09, 02:51 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

As I stated before,, drop a pm to fellow Neloc member Aliga(real name is Gazi). He can get cars for you and is a person that many of us here have used as well as trusted for not only cars, but used auto parts, as well as repair. He pops on here periodically as well as in the North East forum. If I remember correctly, he is in BK. This way, you would not be so far from the car and can check it for yourself as well. Hmmm, maybe it is time for me to sell mine. I just look at her and I just cant bring myself to do it.
Old 01-05-09, 05:20 AM
RolxuSC400
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wnyjazz
I don't get it either but I certainly have checked a lot of sources I feel to find one closer to me. I think I found one in 3 weeks and it wasn't the right color.

Yes, a car exposed to salt is a concern. They don't seem to use it on the roads anymore its a different substance. But I still was hoping to find one a snowbird owned that got its legs stretched traveling south once a year.
Sorry ur correct its not salt anymore its some other chemical.

Yah mine was a snow bird owner. NJ and FL and since there was a battery charger attached I figured it sat alot but I still did have some issues wrenching it and all the rear camber bolts are frozen but since in spec decided not to fool with it.

If you see any cars here in VA/MD/DC I'd be happy to do a visual for you on them. Im very picky especially with paint and overall condition of vehicle.

Wow your right I just did a search as well round here in VA and there is nothing.

Good luck.
Old 01-21-09, 09:16 PM
Kilo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother in-law has a 93 LS4 w/ 80K miles (dark green / tan) for sale. It was his parents car (orig. owner). I am located in NYC.

Let me know if you are SERIOUS.
Old 01-21-09, 09:49 PM
wnyjazz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by wnyjazz
I'm only interested in silver or black '93-'94 LS 400's right now.
No thanks ...
Old 01-22-09, 05:30 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bump... this person needs help with what he wants not advice on how to spend his money.