NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Rate the car above you thread.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-09, 03:53 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

trukn1: i didnt want this to be an im better than you thread. that wasnt my idea. i just wanted to have everyone post their cars to show off what they have done and have other people give props for what they have done or give ideas that they original owner may not have thought of.

i am very proud of my cars as im sure alot of people are of their own cars, but im always looking for constructive criticism as i want to keep improving. plus we wouldnt want to stop fixing things up then it gets boring. =)

SoPhilly1: I would say a 7.25. Imho I think the wheels are just to big for the car. They are nice dont get me wrong. Its just that they are so big that it give the car a 4x4/donk look. An more lower. lol I love ls430's tho wish I had one. =)

Teo: I would say 7.5. Like said before need spacers man, and the lip is to aggressive for the rest of the body. =)

Trukn1: 7.5 More stretch on the tires and more lower. The old ls is always going to be a good looking car. =)

Mikez: What size of spacers are you going to be selling? I need some.

I have no more cars to post. =(
Old 01-09-09, 04:41 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am going to be selling a pair of 25mm spacers, I think those might be too aggressive for you as your fitment looks real good man!
Old 01-09-09, 05:04 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Seems like fun but I'm confused, are the rules of the game that when you post/reply to rate someones car you must post yours up too? but your only rating the car aboove your post not one from a few posts ago?

Last edited by bluelex; 01-09-09 at 05:09 PM.
Old 01-09-09, 05:28 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Seems like fun but I'm confused, are the rules of the game that when you post/reply to rate someones car you must post yours up too? but your only rating the car aboove your post not one from a few posts ago?
Indeed, but no one really reads now a days so maybe thats why not many followed the rules, and I decided to do Teo's car cuz people keep passing up rating his.
Old 01-09-09, 05:30 PM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah that's what i thought... lol... this thread failed in the first 4 posts
Old 01-09-09, 05:38 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Jump in and rate any of the cars in the post above yours, but also post yours up to be rated/critiqued as well. Simple as I can make them; LOL!!

Ultra,, I know that was not your intention and I didnt mean to make it seem that way. But when you start a ratings thread with such SICK rides such as yours. Evetything else seems to be downhill. LOL!! I, for one would be intimidated to even park near you, as I know that I am truly not worthy.
Plan on doing coilovers sometime in 09 so I can raise and lower at my will. Streets here in Baltimore City are not "LOWERED CAR FRIENDLY" so is the reason I only went 1" lower, for now. If I pick up another run about car and can park the mothership(bring her out on occasions only), then I can be alot more creative with the mods.

Apex,, you haaaadddd to go there didn't you. I know it is not there, and I have always had the little missing piece where the hood latch was suppose to go. There is a reason it is not there. I switched directions with what I was gonna do with it. Gonna just replace the entire mesh itself, been too lazy to do it. First Gen LS is scarce with mod features, so finding what I want is tedious.

OOPS,, forgot my ratings,,,,

Ultra,,,, give you a 9,,,sick setup, wicked wheel stance, def a one of a kind piece of work. Would like to see more of the interior finished off into your "own" personalized, customized cabin as I see in some of the VIP GS's over in Japan. You are almost there. Finish off the cabin with some "Unique" personalized touches, and not just some very exclusive Junction Produce , hard to get items and it will only make the car just that much more better.

Apex,,,,give you 8,,,first IS I have ever seen to sport such an aggressive wheel setup as what you have. Have followed you in traffic, caravan, etc, and on a sunny day the car is just mesmerizing. Finishing off the hood to include the body color in the VERY ELCLUSIVE TRD carbon fiber hood was probably one of the best mods I have seen you complete. Kicked it to the next level. My only complaint, lose the star off of the right bumper in front of the headlight. Goes with nothing, and just kills the look for me.

SoPHILLY,,,, give you a 7,, As much as I LOOVVEE the LS430 (can you tell that I am an LS lover), have to agree with the others that the rim choice is killing the look. Just waaayyyyy too big for the car. Gives it a 4X4 look. Still very clean none the less. Never understood the blue lighting, but it is growing on me. I dont hate it,, just not sure I am in love with it.

Teo,, give you a 7. You are on the way to a very nicely modded IS. I know you have alot of further plans for it and it looks like you are off to a good start. Not exactly my choice of rim for that car, but it works. good job.

Rating my own car at a 6. Need new set of Quality wheels which better enhance the work going into it (working on it). Looking into exhaust setup, subtle bodykit, and coils. Also need to do some repair to some existing mods and integrate my side mirror lights a little better.

Each of us mods his/her own cars to our own individual taste/likes, ability, income, etc. Let us all remember that this is a friendly rate it thread, and definately not a "slam session". No remarks made here are intended to be spiteful, hurtful, or otherwise.

Last edited by trukn1; 01-09-09 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-09-09, 06:21 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

yeah that was the original idea, but it didnt work out like that. like trukn1 said rate whoever before you now if youd like and post up pix of your own to be rated.
Old 01-09-09, 06:42 PM
SweetS160
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Call me a hater but I don't really care what you think. I'm going to give a honest opinion. Some of you need to stop rating cars so high when they aren't complete. It is every detail that counts and some of you need to know that when rating cars. I do think guys are on the right path and there cars are hot but they are not complete or the **** for that matter. I do give props to those that made it this far and hope you continue on your quest. Not going to point people out since that is not my point. Guys need to start doing research and seeing what's out there and what people have done and then they will realize that they still have some work to be done before they can be considered the ****. Hope I didn't hurt any feelings but felt like it must be said. Btw my car isn't complete or to a state which I wish to be rated so excuse me for not posting pics of my ride yet.

Last edited by SweetS160; 01-09-09 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-10-09, 08:05 AM
1loudLX
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No idea what the last car above me is but I think its trukn's, in which I'd give it around a 7...pretty clean for being such an elderly woman.

can I play? I dont my truck hits well with this forum
Attached Thumbnails Rate the car above you thread.-dsc_7330-3-of-5-.jpg  

Last edited by 1loudLX; 01-10-09 at 08:09 AM.
Old 01-10-09, 08:11 AM
Evil Teo
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX
No idea what the last car above me is but I think its trukn's, in which I'd give it around a 7...pretty clean for being such an elderly woman.

only 1 picture this is wat u get.
Old 01-10-09, 09:07 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by trukn1
Apex,, you haaaadddd to go there didn't you. I know it is not there, and I have always had the little missing piece where the hood latch was suppose to go. There is a reason it is not there. I switched directions with what I was gonna do with it. Gonna just replace the entire mesh itself, been too lazy to do it. First Gen LS is scarce with mod features, so finding what I want is tedious.

Apex,,,,give you 8,,,first IS I have ever seen to sport such an aggressive wheel setup as what you have. Have followed you in traffic, caravan, etc, and on a sunny day the car is just mesmerizing. Finishing off the hood to include the body color in the VERY ELCLUSIVE TRD carbon fiber hood was probably one of the best mods I have seen you complete. Kicked it to the next level. My only complaint, lose the star off of the right bumper in front of the headlight. Goes with nothing, and just kills the look for me.
I was actually referring to the lip you had. lol

The star is to support my boy James and Clear Star Media Group. And to cover a minor crack in the paint
Old 01-10-09, 04:09 PM
CBG
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1loudLX

Hey 1loudLX I can appreciate a good off road vehicle. My last vehicle was a ZR2 Blazer that I had for about 4 1/2 years and the first 1 1/2 years I owned it the Blazer was covered in mud most of the time.

I like the looks of your Lexus. It looks like a good heavy duty vehicle. I give it a 9 1/2 only because I am not crazy about the color.

Here is mine. Still mostly stock except for new rims and tires.

Last edited by CBG; 01-10-09 at 04:23 PM.
Old 01-10-09, 04:57 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sleeper2jz
Call me a hater but I don't really care what you think. I'm going to give a honest opinion. Some of you need to stop rating cars so high when they aren't complete. It is every detail that counts and some of you need to know that when rating cars. I do think guys are on the right path and there cars are hot but they are not complete or the **** for that matter. I do give props to those that made it this far and hope you continue on your quest. Not going to point people out since that is not my point. Guys need to start doing research and seeing what's out there and what people have done and then they will realize that they still have some work to be done before they can be considered the ****. Hope I didn't hurt any feelings but felt like it must be said. Btw my car isn't complete or to a state which I wish to be rated so excuse me for not posting pics of my ride yet.
Though I understand your point I believe those who have rated the cars in this thread thus far are rating them purely on what they see done to the cars in depicted and not in comparison to other rides on this forum or any other. I'm rating based on what I see and not if the car is complete as the owners definition of complete may differ from others. I think if this was show setting and rating or judging was based on those in a particular model, class, style, etc. that the rating would be more critical however seeing as each car is being rated as an individual or singular object that is not being compared to something else that the rating going on in here is less critical.

Last edited by Apex84; 01-10-09 at 05:04 PM.
Old 01-10-09, 10:27 PM
sputniknyc
Lexus Test Driver

my blurry pic
Old 01-12-09, 08:09 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I like the tastefulness of sputniknyc's mods. It's not over the top look-at-me!! things; just some tasty tidbits here and there to personalize it. I know that everyone goes for their own look so, I would never knock what others have done. However, for me, I often think that less is more. The roof spoiler, the smoked wind deflectors, the tasteful body kit, the debadging. A lot of little things were done to this car to make it personal. I like it. However, I'm gonna have to take a point away for not bothering to take the box of tissues off of the rear deck before taking the picture.

Final score - 8.5

I also went with the more subtle approach to my customization.

My car is very stock-looking...on purpose. (Sorry for all the different-sized pictures; I don't have Photoshop on my work PC)

However, I've added functionality above and beyond stock, without making it LOOK like I've done a lot of mods. For example, pressing the "Open" button on my navigation screen makes the door open and the screen come out, just like all other SC430's. But, pressing the "Open" button a SECOND time does something else; it switches to an auxiliary video input.

See the little demo video below:
[

Now, take that secondary video input, combine it with a secondary audio input, throw in a small computer in the trunk, just for fun, and you get this on the navigation screen.

(Click for demo video)

And, since it's just a computer (running XP), I can do pretty much anything I want with it; including tapping into the OBD-II port on the car and displaying the real-time vehicle information on a set of virtual gauges.

And, after all is said and done, I turn the key off, the Nav screen door closes, and no one knows what all the car has.

Quick Reply: Rate the car above you thread.