NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 04:05 PM
CarlISlePA
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as of right now i have 7 year old paint and it was in the winter so i really just cared to get the road salt etc off
Old 05-05-09, 08:55 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

one of ISf member decided to go w/us. But found out online registration is now closed. He can still register at the event right? and non-judge price will be higher than $40?
Old 05-05-09, 11:04 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
one of ISf member decided to go w/us. But found out online registration is now closed. He can still register at the event right? and non-judge price will be higher than $40?
He'll now have to register at the register building the day he gets there.
Old 05-06-09, 12:36 AM
blk02is300
Driver School Candidate

I think i read this right but im just wondering. Meet at expo building again like always? i think i saw the time 8:30? and roll in at 9:45? and another thing i saw on carlisle's website is that the preregistered cars go in gate 5? to get the sticker, gift bag etc? enlighten me please
Old 05-06-09, 07:37 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn i have no clue whats going on but ill just follow whoever leaves from the radisson hotel.. CANT WAIT!!
Old 05-06-09, 08:43 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok,, here is the plan for saturday.

1. All of us need to be in front of the registration bldg(labeled Staging area on above map) on SATURDAY by 8:30 am. We will roll in by NO LATER than 9:45 am, this time frame will allow for late stragglers and those of you who have decided to travel on Saturday morning.

2. Those of you who are not familiar with the check in process, EVERYONE needs to print out their online registration receipt, which shows your info and order number to show that you registered. For those of you who forget to bring this info, I will be printing out the master list so that your info can at least be found and check in can go alot smoother. Those of you who have registered and not sent me your info please do so in order for me to update the listing.

3. Once you check in with the Carlisle officials, please check in with me(Tony,, black first gen LS) so I can make sure that all of our group is together and check your name off the list of expected attendees. Those of you who are being judged, please remind me when you check in with me so I know where to place you in the pavillion area.

4. Parking assistants will be myself, Smitty, LilGz(Tara) and Habious(Greg). Normally, we would have to pack everyone in like sardines, due to high attendance numbers, this year parking will be a more libral due to the decrease in attendance this year.

5. Just have fun!!!

Few things to keep in mind,,,

a. EVERYONE will be trying to check in on Saturday morning, so early arrival to get thru the process would be a good idea. In previous years, some of the check in process was able to be done on Friday. Those of us who will be traveling up on Friday, this year, will check to see if this is still an option this year since the show has been limited to Saturday and Sunday, but again keep in mind that ALOT of people will be checking in on Saturday.

b. Provided that we get everyone together and thru the process earlier than 9:45, we may be able to roll in early so that everyone can get their cars prepped, cleaned up, etc. so being on time will def be an asset. There is car washing facility available on the fairgrounds to the left of where we roll in, but keep in mind that it may VERY crowded, so initial prep off premises followed by cleanup/wipedown upon arrival may benefit you.

c. Grilling is not permitted on the fairgrounds, however coolers are, so those of you who may want to bring your own food are welcome to do so. Also, alcohol is not permitted. If you chooses to bring it don't get caught and please don't be brazen and in the open with it.

Caravans policy needs to be followed, https://www.clublexus.com/forums/nel...a-caravan.html. Caravan leaders, please make sure that your caravan is under control and that everyone knows what is expected. There will be ALOT of cops out and searching for violations, speeding, etc., DON'T GIVE THEM A REASON TO PULL YOU OVER. LATELY COPS ARE NOT JUST PULLING OVER INDIVIDUAL CARS, THEY WILL PULL A WHOLE CARAVAN OVER AND LET THE TICKETS/VIOLATIONS BEGIN. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU REPLESENT THE ENTIRE GROUP, AND NOT JUST YOURSELVES, WHILE IN THE MIDST OF A CARAVAN.

Carvan leaders/ late stragglers please contact me on Saturday morning if you anticipate being late and/or know that your caravan is running behind schedule. Being that I am VERY familiar with the highways, I can pretty much tell from where you are, how much longer you have to travel.

Anyone who needs to contact me, reach me at (443) 629-7175.

Last edited by trukn1; 05-06-09 at 08:46 AM.
Old 05-06-09, 11:08 AM
arpham
Lead Lap

sounds like a plan
Old 05-06-09, 03:10 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Caravan sounds too risky now ever since that post about one trooper pulling over 4+ exotic cars at once. =X Cops definitely will be out and hunting people down for sure, especially those that are out of state. Good luck all on the drive there and be safe. Don't forget to say Happy Mother's Day to your mom. =D
Old 05-06-09, 04:04 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by crazee201
Caravan sounds too risky now ever since that post about one trooper pulling over 4+ exotic cars at once. =X Cops definitely will be out and hunting people down for sure, especially those that are out of state. Good luck all on the drive there and be safe. Don't forget to say Happy Mother's Day to your mom. =D
Those 4 exotic cars were also racing at speeds in excess of 100. If you drive normally there won't be any problems.
Old 05-06-09, 06:41 PM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by montgb
Those 4 exotic cars were also racing at speeds in excess of 100. If you drive normally there won't be any problems.
OK, then I guess we'll go with Plan B instead.
Old 05-06-09, 08:44 PM
crazee201
Pole Position

Originally Posted by montgb
All it comes down is for ONE person to screw up to ruin it for the whole caravan. That's what everyone should be on the look out for.
Old 05-06-09, 08:57 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Neloc has practiced and exemplified MANY successful, uneventful caravans before. We pride ourselves on not giving law enforcement any reason to hasle us at all. The warnings are more a reminder for everyone to drive safely as well as a statement to some of the newer guys that acts of stupidity will not be tolerated with our group.
Old 05-06-09, 09:18 PM
JDMmuscle
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I will be there Drifting, Ill be Rocking the SC, along with a shirt i had made for the event. Has my screen name and Clublexus.com on it.

Hope to meet some fellow CL members down there. If you want, come support the Driftpa.com guys down at the lame excuse for a drift track they have down here =)
Old 05-07-09, 05:13 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMmuscle
I will be there Drifting, Ill be Rocking the SC, along with a shirt i had made for the event. Has my screen name and Clublexus.com on it.

Hope to meet some fellow CL members down there. If you want, come support the Driftpa.com guys down at the lame excuse for a drift track they have down here =)
Sweet. I definitely want to check out your ride. Looks hot.

Maybe I can get a ride along so I can shoot some video.

-Smitty
Old 05-07-09, 05:39 AM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

What time is the Friday crew going to be up there? I'll be up there at 3-4pm.

Give me a call when you get there smitty.

Quick Reply: Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers