NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-09, 06:01 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by trukn1
Time is drawing upon us quickly. Get your registration today and remember to send me your confirmation numbers. Thanks!!
Originally Posted by Apex84
I'm wondering what the issue is this year. A lot of people have been talking about going, but not many registered yet. Are people waiting for something
The kick in the a** that I needed. Registered and pm's sent.
Old 04-01-09, 08:48 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Carlisle Events staff along with Performance and Sound Magazine have just informed me that we will have a two page feature this year vs the 1 pagers we've had in the past for the event magazine this year. Plus a major added bonus that will be revealed later. And lets just say you'll want to be there.
Old 04-01-09, 08:56 AM
LittleGz
Lexus Test Driver

^^ Sweet!

Everybody needs to get on the ball and register it's just a bit over a month away! You don't want to miss this event!
Old 04-01-09, 01:44 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

registered today... but since I had to register over the phone, they won't be emailing me the number. I will get a card in the mail. Gotta show off my new stuff there!

Last edited by excluesive; 04-01-09 at 01:50 PM.
Old 04-01-09, 02:51 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Chris,, will put your name to the registered list. Please pm me with you number once you get the card so that I can add it as well. Trying to keep all of this info in one place in case anyone forgets to bring their info with them on the day of the show.

Last edited by trukn1; 04-01-09 at 05:32 PM.
Old 04-01-09, 07:30 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by trukn1
Chris,, will put your name to the registered list. Please pm me with you number once you get the card so that I can add it as well. Trying to keep all of this info in one place in case anyone forgets to bring their info with them on the day of the show.
Understood, I just posted here to follow up that I couldn't place my order using the internet.
Old 04-02-09, 04:15 PM
pakeeno
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 5 more people registered!!!!!!!

Another Registered Group for Carlisle. PMed Leroy already.

Kino / PaKeeno / Lexus IS300
Andre / Arpham / Lexus GS300
Dave / Lexist 7 / Lexus IS300
Mark / 8_UR_2DR / Lexus IS350
Mark / 4U2NV / Lexus IS300

I know some people are stayin for just a day and some are staying all weekend. STILL debating what I should do hahah.
Old 04-02-09, 04:33 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by pakeeno
Another Registered Group for Carlisle. PMed Leroy already.

Kino / PaKeeno / Lexus IS300
Andre / Arpham / Lexus GS300
Dave / Lexist 7 / Lexus IS300
Mark / 8_UR_2DR / Lexus IS350
Mark / 4U2NV / Lexus IS300

I know some people are stayin for just a day and some are staying all weekend. STILL debating what I should do hahah.
Thanks Kino
Old 04-02-09, 04:37 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

hey since ive never been to carlisle. can someone give me a layout of our area please if possible? thanks
Old 04-02-09, 05:42 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

are there road hazards for lowered cars? well i mean aired out cars?

Ultra, I'll assume we'll ride out together, but we will make that happen as time gets closer. There will probably be others in that area as well.
Old 04-02-09, 06:15 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Keno, group has been added. I need the order # 's for the list.

Ultra,,
Best layout I can give you is the pics from 08. Depending on the number of cars we have registered, the more or less space everyone will have between cars. As a rule, thus far, we pretty much pack em in tight in order to maximize the space and get as many people under the pavillion area as we can. Those who are registered as "judged" will be placed on either the outer edge of the pavillion or at 1 of the ends for easier asess to get car out and back in without alot of hassle.
One side of the pavillion is only large enough to get 2 rows of cars in while leaving room for a decent sized walkway for people to come thru, as well as have some sitting room for people. If you look at the pics where the ES section was last year, that area is pretty much a small area in which we normally place the lesser attendance number cars. Last year it was the ES section b/c they stepped up and brought 3 cars out, a vast improvement. This year it may be the LS or ES section based on which group is in the minority in numbers. The other half of the pavillion, pretty much where the IS's are, since they vastly outnumber most of the cars which we have in attendance, is a huge area. This area is capable of holding 4-5 rows(think it is 4) of cars as well as handle a little of the overflow if necessary. We also have the grassy areas which completely suppound the pavillion. Most of the people we can't fit will park on the grassy area behind the pavillion, where most of the people are sitting in the pics and also where the shade is most of the day. There is no pre-assigned parking, and we will, as we did last year, have people who will assist in getting people parked (parking guides, if you will). Each year we try something new with the parking and last year by far was the most successful. Think about it,, we got 59 cars parked and situated and invading the pavillion from 2 sides at once in under 20 minutes. I will be happy to try to elaborate a little more with you at the BBQ if you wish.

are there road hazards for lowered cars? well i mean aired out cars?
The only obstacle, that I can remember, is there is a small incline leading into the actual fairgrounds off of the street. We are required and will meet up in front of the registration bldg that Sat morning to get everyone together and roll in as a group. The registration bldg is across the street from the actual fairgrounds itself. Coming across the main street and onto the fairground property, there is a good size "bump" to get onto the incline to get onto the fair property. Best advice is one of the following.

a. Stay aired up until you park. (avoids any possible scrape damage)
b. DO NOT approach the bump directly head on. Try to hit it 1 wheel at a time. You know the drill from being low already, like a speed bump.
c. Drive VERY SLOWLY over this. Keep in mind that you will be coming across the main street so you don't have 5 minutes to achieve this. Last year, the local cops held traffic until our entire group got across. Trying to arrange the same for this year. but the registered numbers need to drastically improve.

Other than that 1, that I can recall, pretty much like driving down the street, or a small gravel driveway (not like the gravel in your driveway Ultra,, I see the wheels spinning already,,LOL!!)

The time is NOW!!! If you haven't registered for Carlisle already, THIS IS THE TIME TO DO SO!!!! If you don't attend but 1 event for the entire season, for the ENTIRE YEAR,,trust and believe that the Carlisle event is definately the one that you do not want to miss. REGISTER NOW!!!
Old 04-02-09, 07:32 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

ok that pretty much explained what i needed to know. If i have any other questions Ill ask you at the bbq.

I may be towing up to carlisle so please keep that in mind with how you guys decide on where to set me up. Ill have to unload and all that jazz unless i decide to rough it (and not tow)or unload at the hotel.

btw im in the judged field it isnt listed in the roll call list. =)
Old 04-02-09, 08:46 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

FIXED!!

The roll call list is primarily for Leroy and myself to make sure that our list correctly reflects what Carlisle has down for our group. Gotta make sure we have our numbers straight. We also use this as a reference in case someone forgets to bring their confirmation info or forgets it. This way, I have it for them as a quick reference guide.
Old 04-03-09, 08:00 AM
camelflage
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ultra Vip
ok that pretty much explained what i needed to know. If i have any other questions Ill ask you at the bbq.

I may be towing up to carlisle so please keep that in mind with how you guys decide on where to set me up. Ill have to unload and all that jazz unless i decide to rough it (and not tow)or unload at the hotel.

Yeah you will prolly want to unload in the staging area and then parade through the fairgrounds with everyone in line. The bump getting into the fairgrounds is pretty gnarly but if you just swing out and hit it at a crazy angle you should be able to get up it.

here, i made a reference

Old 04-03-09, 08:15 AM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

awesome. thanks

Quick Reply: Carlisle 2009,,,,You got Questions,,,,We got answers