NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

Well NELOC it's been fun

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-09, 06:17 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Well NELOC it's been fun

Well NELOC here it is. As some of you noticed and called me on, I've been quiet a lot lately with resent exception to the Carlisle information. Due to the current state of the economy, my job has been forced to do layoffs and I was one of the unlucky ones. This happened back in December right before Christmas and I was originally given to mid January to finish out my time at my job only to have that extended to mid February. In that time I obviously had to make a decision on my next move.

Some of you also know that Ms. Apex was out in Las Vegas for a few months and recently came back home. Due to the both of us losing our jobs due to this ******* economy we have decided to move Las Vegas for a new start in a new city. My GF(Monteece) is already back in Vegas pursuing her career in dance (she has her BA is Ballet, Jazz, and Modern dance) and has several auditions lined up already. I'm staying behind for now until I finish up at work and get things together on my end in preparation for the move. I will be leaving in two months (between March 28th and April 4th). I'll be sure to post the official date ASAP so we can plan a going away party or something the week before.

I will definitely still be organizing and attending Carlisle. I'm leaving my car here until May. I got to see all those I wouldn't see before I leave one more time.

I must say it's been great being apart of NELOC for these last couple of years. I've made great friends, have lasting memories, and took my car to places I otherwise wouldn't have. I'm definitely going to miss you guys.
Old 01-29-09, 06:32 AM
LexGrl702
Lead Lap

You will be missed Leroy. I wish you the best of luck on your new endeavors and I know I'll see you again. Besides, no one said you have to stop visiting NELOC.

We will party it up before you leave! I will be sure to make it to one of your going away events and I'll definitely see you at Carlise.
Old 01-29-09, 06:34 AM
bigmalik00
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, a change is always good. God is sending you to Vegas for a reason. ( I hope it's not to hang out in the Chicken and Mustang Ranch like I do when I am in that area) I am glad you are fighting these tough times and not laying down. I wish the two of you the best. You two won't need luck as long as you continue to have her back as she has yours everything will be fine. I hope you two get a guest room together. I frequent there a couple times a year. Stay up!
Old 01-29-09, 06:39 AM
Batmobile
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Apex84
I'll be sure to post the official date ASAP so we can plan a going away party or something the week before.
LOL... WTF? this some new shizzit? you can't plan a going away party for yourself

Vegas baby... one of the fastest growing cities right now and real estate is cheap...

i wish you luck and hope you the best

you should take your car... or sell it...

i would take it though... taxi around vegas can get cumbersome
Old 01-29-09, 06:51 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexGrl702
You will be missed Leroy. I wish you the best of luck on your new endeavors and I know I'll see you again. Besides, no one said you have to stop visiting NELOC.

We will party it up before you leave! I will be sure to make it to one of your going away events and I'll definitely see you at Carlise.
Thanks Thai. I'm def going to be checking in on the regular. I still gotta get my NELOC shirts. I'll rep it from far far west.

Originally Posted by bigmalik00
Wow, a change is always good. God is sending you to Vegas for a reason. ( I hope it's not to hang out in the Chicken and Mustang Ranch like I do when I am in that area) I am glad you are fighting these tough times and not laying down. I wish the two of you the best. You two won't need luck as long as you continue to have her back as she has yours everything will be fine. I hope you two get a guest room together. I frequent there a couple times a year. Stay up!
Thanks Malik. I had more than enough fun on the last trip to LV so no need to go to the Chicken ranch or places like that. Especially with no job. LOL. We'll be OK out there though.

Originally Posted by Batmobile
LOL... WTF? this some new shizzit? you can't plan a going away party for yourself

Vegas baby... one of the fastest growing cities right now and real estate is cheap...

i wish you luck and hope you the best

you should take your car... or sell it...

i would take it though... taxi around vegas can get cumbersome
Hahaha well anyone can plan it them.

Thanks bro. I thought about selling my car but I'm still enjoying it too much to let it go. Hopefully once I get settled I will be able to continue with the Apex 3.0 project. But all of that is now on hold as moving and a job is now priority.

I'll drive Monteece's car in the meantime to get around until I ship mine in May.
Old 01-29-09, 07:32 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Oh and the if any NELOC member visits LV and needs a place to stay let me know. Limit of two people though.
Old 01-29-09, 07:34 AM
Rising_Sun
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The common expression... Things happen for a reason is of small comfort when relocating away from friends and family. But We wish you good luck and Las Vegas is a good place for new beginnings. I look forward to the farewell party as well as the housewarming party. May God bless you and Monteece. I know Aimee and myself will plan a trip out to see you guys.
Old 01-29-09, 07:44 AM
Mr.Euro
Lead Lap

damn this economy. good luck with your new life.
Old 01-29-09, 07:48 AM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, Good Luck. But my job is starting a big hiring campaign and we do have presence at LV airport and few other locations. Here's a Link:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...01222009_4.xml,

If you been watching Homeland Security Show on tv you get the gist of what I do. Feel free to put me down as a reference. We have a big public relations department, as you know we have sponsored NASCAR and NHRA teams for the last few years. They are looking for 11,000 people. Good Luck, LV is to HOT and too Brown for me. But I will be praying you and yours to make it.
Old 01-29-09, 07:56 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

Good luck out west, keep me posted on the going away party and stuff. Nothing less than double shot of patron for you ha ha......
Old 01-29-09, 08:10 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Rising_Sun
The common expression... Things happen for a reason is of small comfort when relocating away from friends and family. But We wish you good luck and Las Vegas is a good place for new beginnings. I look forward to the farewell party as well as the housewarming party. May God bless you and Monteece. I know Aimee and myself will plan a trip out to see you guys.
Thanks Todd. It maybe a common expression but it holds true. I'm just eager to get out there now and make something happen for us.

Originally Posted by Mr.Euro
damn this economy. good luck with your new life.
Thanks bro.

Originally Posted by nate579
Dude, Good Luck. But my job is starting a big hiring campaign and we do have presence at LV airport and few other locations. Here's a Link:

http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/newsroom/...01222009_4.xml,

If you been watching Homeland Security Show on tv you get the gist of what I do. Feel free to put me down as a reference. We have a big public relations department, as you know we have sponsored NASCAR and NHRA teams for the last few years. They are looking for 11,000 people. Good Luck, LV is to HOT and too Brown for me. But I will be praying you and yours to make it.
Thanks a lot Nate. I'll def hit you up about this really soon. Thanks for the prayers. We'll definitely need it.

Originally Posted by cherplex
Good luck out west, keep me posted on the going away party and stuff. Nothing less than double shot of patron for you ha ha......
You know it.
Old 01-29-09, 08:15 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

aw man say it aint so! sucks to hear this happening to you Leroy, i wish you all the luck while your in LV. just make sure you come back in one piece lol.
Old 01-29-09, 08:50 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

wow thats ****ty. a lot of people are losing their jobs. good luck in vegas! id love to live out there.
Old 01-29-09, 09:00 AM
Sash
Lead Lap

I am real sorry to hear about the layoff but like everyone has said, things happen for a reason. I wanna wish you good luck with your move to Vegas and I am sure everything will work out perfectly fine.

I may try and make it to your going away party, it's been a while since I took a trip to MD, or a NELOC meet to begin with.
Old 01-29-09, 09:08 AM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
aw man say it aint so! sucks to hear this happening to you Leroy, i wish you all the luck while your in LV. just make sure you come back in one piece lol.
I wish it wasn't so. I love it in MD. But I could get used to LV. Flat roads every where for the most part and longer lasting hot weather.

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
wow thats ****ty. a lot of people are losing their jobs. good luck in vegas! id love to live out there.
Yeah it's happening every where.

Originally Posted by Sash
I am real sorry to hear about the layoff but like everyone has said, things happen for a reason. I wanna wish you good luck with your move to Vegas and I am sure everything will work out perfectly fine.

I may try and make it to your going away party, it's been a while since I took a trip to MD, or a NELOC meet to begin with.
Hey Sash haven't seen you post in forever. Come down if you can.

Quick Reply: Well NELOC it's been fun