NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

No HIN Chantilly this year ?!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-09, 06:33 PM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default No HIN Chantilly this year ?!?!?

I just saw a thread over on the Suby board and confirmed on the HIN site that there is no Chantilly show this year. Which kinda sucks. It didn;t look like they had ANYTHING planned for the DC area in 2009.

The closest show is TBA in PA somewhere ... if you're going I can probably still get you on the list, just contact me offline.

DaveC
Old 02-03-09, 07:01 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

From what I understand, this poor economy has taken quite a toll on just about al of the shows period. I think the only HIN's on the entire East coast this year are in Florida and in NY. As far as "crowd drawing" events, even Carlisle has suffered a little. Was surprised to see that FMF show was also that weekend with Carlisle.
Old 02-03-09, 09:33 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im not surprised, i knew HIN is going down since everyone is going down... I went in 2008, it wasn't that great, it mostly boring me too. Not many activities to do and the price went up in tickets also. If they have activities or something to keep the guest entertain, then maybe it will attract more ppl. HIN doesnt tend to change much each year. It most, cars and girls that all.. And i see less girls now too. which im mostly there for..
Old 02-04-09, 04:06 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is what they have postedon their site so farfor the 09 schedule,,

UPCOMING EVENTS
Los Angeles , CA
Saturday, March 14, 2009
San Mateo, CA
Saturday, April 04, 2009
Austin, TX
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Tampa, FL
Saturday, April 25, 2009
Boston, MA
Saturday, May 09, 2009
New York, NY
Saturday, May 16, 2009
TBD, PA
Saturday, June 06, 2009
Concord, NC
Saturday, June 27, 2009
Chicago, IL
Saturday, July 11, 2009
Pleasanton, CA
Saturday, July 18, 2009
Chandler, AZ
Saturday, December 05, 2009

Old 02-04-09, 05:51 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

VA last year had to be the worst HIN I've ever been too. Yeah, they will always attract the foot traffic because that area has a lot of "import tuners", but there was about 25% less show cars than the year before. I think yet another company bought HIN, so maybe some changes are coming. I heard about a show in Philly, but I don't know if it will be at the convention center, or at the track in Pocono.
Old 02-04-09, 06:26 AM
plex
1UZFE/2JZGTE

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts

I was actually hoping to show this year at HIN, Chantilly. Oh well.
Old 02-04-09, 07:16 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

that sux...looks like going to NC, NY , PA show
Old 02-04-09, 01:59 PM
Ultra Vip
Lexus Test Driver

ill be at the NC and maybe PA one. Anyone want to come?
Old 02-04-09, 02:18 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

i was planning on trying to organize a trip to NC, but they moved OH2K9 so it conflicts now.
Old 02-04-09, 03:55 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I heard that they aren't doing any show indoors this only Nighshifts cuz they are more cost effective. I guess its cheaper to rent out a lot as oppsoed to a convention center.. They haven't confirmed where they are hosting the shows just the cities so far.. Like others have said anyway HIN has been going down hill for years hitting and absolute low at HIN MIA this year where they used their own judges not the ncca judges and had their judges writing notes on scrap paper....
Old 02-05-09, 06:24 AM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

This was a big disappointment for me and some friends of mine. We called HIN to confirm and it was all true. I have been going there/showing for years.
We were about to get our lineup setup for it and found out the bad news. I hope to make it out to PA and maybe NY with the car. I have a few cars that will be coming out with me but not like normal. I think there should be more outdoor events. It is a better cost for them by far so why not. Maybe they need to market it better. In the DC area you can't even go out to dinner for
the price of a show spot. The people will pay here also. This is one of the least effected areas in the country for $$$$ and they looked over us. Sorry for your loss HIN. If you think PA will be better you are nuts. Nightshift was a good idea and it had to be alot less to put on. If the weather was better last year at Fedex it would have had 30% more $$$$ come in. People stay home in the rain. The car line up was still good for the conditions. We have been looking into putting on a show this year. I think now we may have to do so.
Old 02-05-09, 07:24 AM
ceelo
Pole Position

It is rather disappointing that there will not be a show this year, but with the economy and last years turn out I'm sure they have their reasons. Hopefully there is another show put together locally .
Old 02-05-09, 02:45 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
This was a big disappointment for me and some friends of mine. We called HIN to confirm and it was all true. I have been going there/showing for years.
We were about to get our lineup setup for it and found out the bad news. I hope to make it out to PA and maybe NY with the car. I have a few cars that will be coming out with me but not like normal. I think there should be more outdoor events. It is a better cost for them by far so why not. Maybe they need to market it better. In the DC area you can't even go out to dinner for
the price of a show spot. The people will pay here also. This is one of the least effected areas in the country for $$$$ and they looked over us. Sorry for your loss HIN. If you think PA will be better you are nuts. Nightshift was a good idea and it had to be alot less to put on. If the weather was better last year at Fedex it would have had 30% more $$$$ come in. People stay home in the rain. The car line up was still good for the conditions. We have been looking into putting on a show this year. I think now we may have to do so.
Could not have said it better myself. DC area= goverment, and people in goverment will not be as effected by the economy. The cars in this area are the cream of the crop and can go toe to toe with New York, and yes even Florida and California cars. Looking back, I thought the quality of cars was much better at Fedex field then at chantilly, and the event just caught a bad weather break. So as for HIN, I will try to go the Philly show, but would also like to see someone put on a big show in the DC area, so I hope you put on a show.
Old 02-05-09, 03:28 PM
BRADSGS4
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
Could not have said it better myself. DC area= goverment, and people in government will not be as effected by the economy. The cars in this area are the cream of the crop and can go toe to toe with New York, and yes even Florida and California cars. Looking back, I thought the quality of cars was much better at Fedex field then at chantilly, and the event just caught a bad weather break. So as for HIN, I will try to go the Philly show, but would also like to see someone put on a big show in the DC area, so I hope you put on a show.
I will be looking into the show idea hard. I will need full NELOC participation to make it worth it. So you all look for updates in the spring time. Talk to you all soon.
Old 02-06-09, 06:17 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BRADSGS4
I will be looking into the show idea hard. I will need full NELOC participation to make it worth it. So you all look for updates in the spring time. Talk to you all soon.

Quick Reply: No HIN Chantilly this year ?!?!?