Search this Thread

Old 03-24-09 | 06:36 PM
mdsbrain
Lead Lap

This is going to be sick...
Old 03-24-09 | 08:40 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

hey leroy, you meeting people at arundel mills mall at 12 on saturday?
Old 03-24-09 | 09:13 PM
camelflage
Pole Position

a party this big might need a permit! :lol:
Old 03-24-09 | 10:32 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by camelflage
a party this big might need a permit! :lol:
O wee O wee
Old 03-25-09 | 07:47 AM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Add me to the list!!!! (definite-maybe-but-most-likely-yes)
I'll bring some beer, liquor, food, and some photo equipment to take some fun blackmail pix of you drunkasses. =)

And I'll be bringing my friend WRCPham from EVOM
Old 03-25-09 | 09:41 AM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

^^I am DEF bringing my camera to catch the best of times....and the worst of times hahahaha
Old 03-25-09 | 01:54 PM
Damaster32
Lead Lap

I'm coming out too, this will be my first g2g with the lexus crew
Old 03-25-09 | 02:32 PM
ChrISF
Lexus Champion

bring your umbrella's ella's ella's ella's
Old 03-25-09 | 02:44 PM
arpham
Lead Lap

so this is still on?
Old 03-25-09 | 04:53 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

UPDATE

Ok So everyone can stop overloading my PM box and sending text messages.

I've been planning and looking forward to this BBQ for quite sometime now just like everyone else. I would really hate to reschedule since alot of people have planned to take off and make the drive and blah blah blah. Unfortunately it is a BBQ so weather is always permitting and there was no forecast over a month or so ago when the post first went up.

The Forecast is currently showing a 50-60% chance of rain on Saturday. In Maryland I tend not to really stick to the forecast too hard because alot of times its off until the last minute.

What I'm trying to do is wait until tomorrow evening to see what the weather will be like. That will give me enough time to post it up so that everyone will know ahead of time as opposed to the the day off. Not really going to be a good BBQ if its pouring down rain all day. A little drizzle is cool but if its supposed to rain all day Saturday into Sunday like they say then its no use.

Weather Good -
Proceede like normal. Everyone has a good time. We beat Apex up real bad since he's leaving soon.

Weather Bad -
We got a few options

#1 Reschedule
Looking at it we can do it on another upcoming Saturday, April 4th or April 11th. Yeah I know some people have taken the day off and scheduling can be hard but unfortunately I cant control the weather.

#2 Tents
We can rent tents and do it anyway. Unfortunately tent/canopy rentals arent that cheap

#3 Find another host
If someone else has a place where we can do this in the rain, then I'd be more than happy to move everything there. Hell I'll even bring the grill and all the other stuff I have so far.

Either way I'll post up tomorrow evening what it is and I guess we can take a quick poll on what to do. Trukn can you post up a poll just in case.
Old 03-25-09 | 05:03 PM
Chancellor
Lexus Champion

id say just reschedule for April if it rains.
Old 03-25-09 | 05:38 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

worst case scenario we can do some sort of impromptu meet up at a local restaraunt/bar for those making the trip and want to meet up, and we can re-schedule the BBQ since i know alot of non local people are planning to trek here...i def dont mind setting up some sort of arrangement if need be

i like the tent idea but where are we gonna get tents the day of the BBQ? might be sort of inconvienent/a hassle

just a few suggestions. I'd host but my apartment isnt big enough for everyone
Old 03-25-09 | 05:51 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Maybe since trukn can send PMs to mass people, he can PM everyone on the list in the first post to let them know it is cancelled or not tomorrow night. This way they no choice to read it and they dont show up at your house at 2
Old 03-25-09 | 06:30 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Knowing that the weather is not looking favorable for this event, even though we all want this to go thru, no one can control the weather. Please check this thread come tomorrow night for further details. AS SOON as a definitive call is made concerning this event, the thread title will be changed to reflect this as well as a post on the first and last pages of this thread. Caravan threads will also be changed to reflect the cancellation as well. IT IS/WILL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SIGNED UP FOR THIS BBQ TO CHECK THIS THREAD AS WELL AS YOUR RESPECTIVE CARAVAN THREADS FOR UPDATES/CANCELLATION, and it would also help everyone out if you can spread the word in your respective areas. AS SOON as a word is passed, the update will be made. Smitty has promised to advise me the minute a decision has been reached so I can make the changes. Thanks!

RAINOUT DAY POLL HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE FIRST PAGE. PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO VOTE ON ALTERNATIVE DAY FOR THE "JUST IN CASE"

Last edited by trukn1; 03-25-09 at 06:39 PM.
Old 03-25-09 | 06:45 PM
hnae_jar
Rookie

Any one going here have either a spare hid 4300k for my is3 or a set of 6000k or 8000k they want to sell please let me know... my passenger HID went out...

Quick Reply: NELOC Beginning of Spring BBQ ****Rescheduled to 4/4/09,,,,2 PM!!!!***