NELOC Home of the North East Lexus Owners Club

datasystems controller install??'s

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 07:38 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default datasystems controller install??'s

Anyone in the MD area or even the DC NOVA area ever install the datasystems controller or can recommend a shop that has done these in the past and knows how to properly take apart the dash trim pieces???

I read the writeup and it seems pretty straight forward, but I have really bad luck taking apart dash pieces,, well taking them apart is usually not the problem, its putting them back together again properly that I am no good at.
Old 02-24-09, 09:16 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Moving to the regional forums for better exposure.
Old 02-25-09, 04:42 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

cool, and its funny cuz i know people in the dc metro area (dc, md, va (DMV)) have this item installed. now i just need someone to comment on it.
Old 02-25-09, 01:17 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

datasystems controller install on an 05 ls430 UL...
Old 02-25-09, 01:20 PM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

May want to drop a pm to GSoup, moderator here, as he recently installed this in his own LS430. Though he is in NY, he is a very valuable member here and will be in MD next month for our spring BBQ.
Old 02-25-09, 01:48 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

hmmm.. thanks, now i wonder how crazy or rude it would be to try and get this thing hooked up at a bbq??

--nice quote by the way, sorta makes you think a little..
Old 02-27-09, 06:34 AM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yup... I should be there for the BBQ, so if you need a hand feel free to come through. I have no issues in helping out a fellow CL member.
Old 02-27-09, 06:44 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
hmmm.. thanks, now i wonder how crazy or rude it would be to try and get this thing hooked up at a bbq??

Originally Posted by GSoup
Yup... I should be there for the BBQ, so if you need a hand feel free to come through. I have no issues in helping out a fellow CL member.
Yup maybe if we ask GSoup real nice and he's got the time he can come a day early and we can get it knocked out along with some stuff for my ride

I got guest rooms open

-Smitty
Old 02-27-09, 08:05 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

LOL!! bruh,, check the heritage thread that I created, NELOC ALWAYS hooking stuff up at BBQ's. As far as the quote, I think these things up from time to time. As realy a poet, and only a few know it. Previous quote was

" In order for one to walk the road of success, one must first crawl the path of futility."
I got guest rooms open
Make sure mine is reserved.
Old 02-27-09, 08:31 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i feel like i'm pretty much in a full sprint down the road of futility lately...

i guess now i need to look up exactly the 'getdate(bbq)' & location of said shindig'.

not sure if this is an open thing or you need an invite, and i usually don't do to many social events but this one sounds interesting. i have yet to actually go to a single CL meet or activity at all, and I have only once met a fellow member from the CL site but i sure do enjoy talking about everything toyota/lexus/vip sooooo..
Old 02-27-09, 10:31 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

The thread for the BBQ is at the top of the page in the"stickied" section. Just put your name donw on the list or comment that you are coming and the list will be updated. I believe that you have been talking with Smitty via PM, he is the one who is hosting this event and, being the welcoming bunch tha the Neloc group is, there will be no problem with you just coming out to meet peeps. We always welcome 1 more. Where abouts in MD are you? As far as not attending too many "social" events, trust me all of that will change once you have been infected with the closeness of our group. Many have come,, few have left.
Old 02-27-09, 10:41 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yes i saw the thread, and laughed my *** off after reading the part about no Frank the Tanks, so i guess my best friend chris is out of the question then (unless he swears he will behave and refrain from drinking) oh and the 'taking the browns to the superbowl' bit was the grits... yeah i chilled with a few vip car clubs in japan back in like 02-04 and some of those peoples were a little fanboy crazy... most of the stateside ls cats seem pretty chill though.

i'm still waiting to see if my florida family will be coming up that weekend for their spring break but if they do not then i will definitely be attending +1.

live in annapolis (off of bayridge) and work near the arundel mills mall (IT guy)

Last edited by sojah; 02-27-09 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-27-09, 11:23 AM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

yes i saw the thread, and laughed my *** off after reading the part about no Frank the Tanks, so i guess my best friend chris is out of the question then (unless he swears he will behave and refrain from drinking) oh and the 'taking the browns to the superbowl' bit was the grits... yeah i chilled with a few vip car clubs in japan back in like 02-04 and some of those peoples were a little fanboy crazy... most of the stateside ls cats seem pretty chill though.

i'm still waiting to see if my florida family will be coming up that weekend for their spring break but if they do not then i will definitely be attending +1.

live in annapolis (off of bayridge) and work near the arundel mills mall (IT guy)
Yeah had to put down the house rules.

Where do you work near arundel mills? I work right at Fort Meade so maybe we can do lunch or something sometime.

-Smitty
Old 02-27-09, 11:35 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

i work right where hghy 1 + 100 intersect, well go north on hghw 1 about 2 blocks from 100 E/W and its on the left... yeah i go up to that chick fillet' (i think its french) next to the mall most fridays, but not today, we had a black history month soul food cook out that was freakin' awesome.
Old 02-27-09, 12:48 PM
LRoy430ul
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Seems like we are all pretty much in the same area.

Smitty, I live across the street from FT. Meade.

Quick Reply: datasystems controller install??'s