Search this Thread

Old 02-24-09, 02:28 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie up in tha house!!!!

Come rip me a new a-hole!!
How's that for a grand entry!! hehe jk

Well anyways Apex told me to come here so I figured I'd stop by to say hi and see what's going on in this corner of the forum!

Well I guess I should tell you all a little about myself.
I'm Alex, most people that I know just call me Lex....
I am/was a BIG DSM tuner for many years.

My past:
1995 GSX Eclipse - Yes that's right, the 5spd all wheel drive, turbo, 4 cylinder bucket of crankwalk madness. I built it up to be a strip queen. Blew up 2 motors, (7 bolt blocks, cw got the best of them) for my final motor I decided to build up the 6 bolt block so I would stop getting crankwalk. Don't have an idea how many clutches I burned through. A lot of the build and tuning was done by Extreme Motorsports and I did a lot myself.

Partial list of mods (what i can think of at the moment).
- Forced Performance Green Turbo - Ported and clipped (Don't recall the exact specs, it's on the website)
- Greddy FMIC with all hard piping
- Mustang 5.0 TB
- HKS Adjustable Cam Gears
- BC stage 3 Race Cams
- Eagle rods & 6 bolt crank shaft
- AEM Fuel Rail
- AEM Fuel/ignition controller
- 1000cc Fuel Injectors
- Walbro 255lph fuel pump
- rewired fuel system with thick steel braded hoses.
- Always used NGK plugs and magnacore wires
- SAFC II
- AVC-R
- Tripple A-Pillar Gauges (boost, EGT, air/fuel)
- Greddy Turbo Timer
- Greddy Type-S BOV
- Greddy Catback Exhaust 3" with straight pipe
- Custom 3" mandrel bent downpipe
- Dunlop 5000 series tires
- Tokico Shocks / Eibach Springs
- Stock brakes and rotors hehe ~ aka death wish ~

Can't think of what else, I know once I post this there will be 20 more things that come to mind... LOL

Yes I also have a 1998 Ford F150 with riced out front bumper.
And a 1995 GS eclipse 5-spd daily driver!
Both the F150 and GS have been sold.
They will be missed.

ON TO THE NEW HOTNESS...... and reason I am here on ClubLexus and the other forums...

So I finally got a car that is less than 10 years old

My new baby, Pearl White 2001 IS300 yay!
Came with 18" Privat Nets, black with chrome lip, and a bunch of other goodies.

It also came with a bunch of problems like, a cracked windshield, exhaust leak, busted driver side front rotor, warped calipers and a few other miscellaneous problems. Needless to say I got a great deal on the car and have already fixed all of the cars aliments with exception for the rotors. I don't mind the bumpy ride for a few weeks until I find some really nice slotted and cross drilled rotors... I already have and installed an extra set of calipers that I purchased from a salvage yard. The previous owner of these calipers had already painted them red and inserted a white lexus sticker for me! haha. The paint is chipping though so when it's warm outside, and when I get my new rotors I'm going to take them to get powder coated.

Lets see.. Mods that I've done to the car.. Not much yet, just cleaned it up A LOT and installed an iPod cable to the pioneer premier cd player that came with the car.

List of things to do immediately.
- Powder coat the Calipers
- Get cross drilled / Slotted Rotors (you guys can help me pick!!!!)
- Convert the gauges to blue & white
- LED Tail Lights, LED trunk tails
- Black out the headlights or get the Halo ones
- TRD Wing
- Coilovers (you guys can help me pick!!!!)
- SpeedDesign Rear bumper
- Exhaust (haven't decided)
- Altezza mesh Grille
- Armrest for center console
- Full leather seats

- Eventually I want to put in a 5speed transmission.
- Eventually I want to put in a turbo kit
- Eventually I need new rims & body kit.

- Eventually Eventually I want to put in a GTE block

So anyways here are some snapshots of my beautiful baby.
I will take better photos soon
(Oh by the way I'm a photographer for a living... Yes I know these pictures suck but it's cold and I'm a sick baby & hate the freezing cold...)

One of these days when it's nicer outside and I give the car a nice wash I'm going to take better pictures with all 6 of my flashes.... Then you guys will love the photos of my stock IS300 hehe

Last edited by llllllllll; 02-24-09 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-24-09, 03:15 PM
Apex84
Lead Lap

Welcome Alex. You'll enjoy this group. There's plenty of members in the Philly area. Also come to the MD BBQ next month if you can.
Old 02-24-09, 03:16 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

welcome, saw your car first in the IS300 forum. You had a awesome DSM, I still have a dsm, a 1995 eclipse gs-t with some bolt ons, painted the rare durango copper orange, just like your old GS, selling for dirt cheap, pm if interested. Anyway onto the IS300, looks great so far, and the pictures are not bad. For rotors look at stoptech and powerslot, for coilovers there are many, many options, but HKS seems to be the popular choice, but really research this aspect of your build, because of the expense and what kind of adjustments you need.
Old 02-24-09, 03:47 PM
Smitty
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome bro. Hope you can make it out to an event real soon. Nice pics BTW

-Smitty
Old 02-24-09, 04:53 PM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whats up man .......... Welcome to NELOC . We need to get together and put that camera to use what part of philly you from?
Old 02-24-09, 05:17 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

ooo pocketwiz....niceee

welcome to the Club, nice collection of cars u had there.
Old 02-24-09, 05:22 PM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Welcome to NELOC, really nice pics.

For a fellow DSM fanatic
Old 02-24-09, 05:24 PM
GSoup
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to NELOC...
Old 02-24-09, 06:32 PM
ES3_Ray
Lead Lap

i honestly think thats a veryy nice/clean is300 esp for a 01,

camera skills are there even tho it was cold, idk what ur talkin about but i like those shots, they look real good.
Old 02-24-09, 08:46 PM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

love the pics of your IS! welcome to NELOC btw.

maybe you can teach me how to take good pics w/my nikon
Old 02-24-09, 09:35 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Apex84
Welcome Alex. You'll enjoy this group. There's plenty of members in the Philly area. Also come to the MD BBQ next month if you can.
Thanks Apex, yeah I've been scoping the place out for a few days, you all seem pretty cool. Will have to check back for the BBQ, would be nice if I can make it!

Originally Posted by 2002GGPIS3
welcome, saw your car first in the IS300 forum. You had a awesome DSM, I still have a dsm, a 1995 eclipse gs-t with some bolt ons, painted the rare durango copper orange, just like your old GS, selling for dirt cheap, pm if interested. Anyway onto the IS300, looks great so far, and the pictures are not bad. For rotors look at stoptech and powerslot, for coilovers there are many, many options, but HKS seems to be the popular choice, but really research this aspect of your build, because of the expense and what kind of adjustments you need.
Thanks yeah I love DSM's but my love faded because when I look back I realize how much money I blew on that thing, I could have had a lot more nicer stuff right now. Hah that's awesome that you have a durango copper eclipse like my GS! I received soo many compliments on that color, even people coming up to me on the street to ask the name of the color.... And that was just my daily driver. hehe. I'll PM you about the GST, I know someone that might be interesed. still got 7 bolt block in there? nevermind I'll pm you. hehe

Originally Posted by Smitty
Welcome bro. Hope you can make it out to an event real soon. Nice pics BTW
-Smitty
Hey Smitty thanks for the welcome!
I'm hoping this meet up at the IKEA parking lot on columbus ave works out so I can meet some of you guys!
Thanks for the compliment on the pix.

Originally Posted by phillygs3
Whats up man .......... Welcome to NELOC . We need to get together and put that camera to use what part of philly you from?
We'll totally put my camera to work, I saw your GS in another thread and I started eyeing the lotion and box of tissues sitting on my desk... haha jk, but seriously we'll definitely see your car in my camera sometime. Actually I'm shooting a blonde with nice big fake boobers on the 8th, she wants to do a sexy shoot and use my car... Maybe I can tell her to use your car too (since it looks better than mine).... But first I'm trying to score this Lamborghini Diablo, if it doesn't work and you're up for having a naked stripper in your car we'll see if we can work it out...

I'm actually from manhatten, but now live in center city/bella vista area, between South Street and Washington Ave. Technically it's called Bella Vista but no one knows where the hell that is so I just say center city because it's technically only 5 blocks from where I live.

Originally Posted by LiCelsior
ooo pocketwiz....niceee
welcome to the Club, nice collection of cars u had there.
Thanks!
Yeah wish I still had all my cars.
Pocketwizards = Crack for photographers: addicting and they make you poor as hell!

Originally Posted by FlavesLex
Welcome to NELOC, really nice pics.
For a fellow DSM fanatic
Thanks! Never knew there were soo many DSM fanatics in here!

Originally Posted by GSoup
Welcome to NELOC...
Thanks!

Originally Posted by ES3_Ray
i honestly think thats a veryy nice/clean is300 esp for a 01, camera skills are there even tho it was cold, idk what ur talkin about but i like those shots, they look real good.
Thanks! Yeah there are tons of paint chips all over the place, not too noticeable (except on the hood). I already called Lexus and had them order some touch-up paint.. I thought they would carry some but guess they don't think white pearl is a popular Lexus color.... Rims are beat, all pitted up, scratched and bent, that's why they're my winter rims! =)

I'm really nit-picky so I see all the flaws and they bug the crap out of me.. hehehe

Thanks for the compliments on the photos and camera skills, I promise better pictures for your viewing pleasure very soon.

Originally Posted by 02GGP_IS
love the pics of your IS! welcome to NELOC btw. maybe you can teach me how to take good pics w/my nikon
Thanks!

Sure man bring your camera and we'll shoot together, i can show you some stuff if you need help. I'm very familiar with D200, D300, D2X, and the D3!!! When I shoot for other photographers who prefer me to use Nikon I get to use their gear!
Old 02-25-09, 05:49 AM
PandaIS250
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by llllllllll

Thanks!

Sure man bring your camera and we'll shoot together, i can show you some stuff if you need help. I'm very familiar with D200, D300, D2X, and the D3!!! When I shoot for other photographers who prefer me to use Nikon I get to use their gear!
Hope you can make it out to NELOC BBQ....btw, I have Nikon D60
Old 02-25-09, 07:14 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome to the group. Def props on the camera skills. The pics look amazing.
Old 02-25-09, 01:28 PM
phillygs3

Anytime , just shoot me a pm .
Old 02-25-09, 03:56 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

" I received soo many compliments on that color, even people coming up to me on the street to ask the name of the color..." Yes, same here, I have only seen two other turbo eclipses ever with that color, and got compliments all the time, love to keep it, but the damn ecnomy etc.. pm'd you details.

Quick Reply: Newbie up in tha house!!!!